What does a platinum trophy mean to you?

Loco-fella

Hey guys  this has prob been posted somewhere ( sorry for the repost if it has 

just a bit of fun with this 

just wondering what  trophies/ platinums  Mean for everyone ? 

for me personally I   Enjoy getting them on curtin games ( and others not so much ? 

I don’t take it very seriously just a bit of a challenge sometimes and a bit of fun 

why do others do it ? 

Edited by locofella83
  • Like 1

I’ll usually just keep my focus on getting Platinums for my favourite series/games. Often times though, I’ll discover a new game or series and become totally obsessed, literally not being able to put it down until I’ve done everything (ex. Yakuza, Far Cry, Persona, etc).

• Like 3

Another rung on the latter, feather in my cap, notch in my belt. An indication to me that I can move on from a game and on to another challenge. I may revisit but it truly has to hit home because there are so many great games with a finite amount of time.

• Like 2

it means nothing. Just a number, just a statistic. I game as a hobby, if i get a plat, cool. If I don't,  cool. End of the day having 10 or 100 or 1000 plats all equal the same results:

- "congrats"

- "nice"

- "good job"

and some rep points. But after those few seconds of recognition its once again meaningless. 

• Like 1

Obviously for fun, and often also that extra motivation to get the most out of a game. I have this itch for completion. Back in the day as a kid I loved finding and doing everything in Final Fantasy and other RPGs. I’d make a scrapbook of my gaming memories with pictures and stuff. I guess trophies is my digital version now. 

If it is a platinum you had to put quite some effort in, it also feels satisfying. It is just something personal and probably a little bit OCD. I just really find it aesthetically pleasing as well.

• Like 4

Depends on the game. If it's something like Blasphemous or Final Fantasy VII, I'm experiencing much of what the game offers me, with the occasional challenge. If it's something like Horned Knight, then you basically play for 10 - 20 minutes, earn your platinum, and forget about it the moment you play another game.

A Platinum / 100% to me is the equivalent of finishing the last page of a book. It tells me I'm now finished with the game and it's time to move on to the next. Of course certain titles I keep playing if I enjoy them, usually either MP games or some form of high replayability.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

It means that I enjoyed the game enough to want to go out of my way for these trophies, even if they may frustrate me on occasion.

That, or the list is really easy and I can do it in my sleep.

Either way, I never Platinum games I don't at least somewhat enjoy. And I don't purchase games for the sole purpose of trophies either.

• Like 2

Personally, I see the platinum as a marker of completion, as well as a sort of “endorsement of opinion”.

Once I have a platinum, I think it shows I’ve played enough of a game for me to feel comfortable writing a review of it, or publicly airing opinions on the game or debating it with others. 

Before I achieve it, I can have those discussions, (and I often do ?)…but I don’t think my opinion carries much weight, and those opinions are really just “works in progress” until that plat pops.

• Like 4

For me they begun as sometime interesting and to show off (for myself) how much I liked a game or series. I personally doesn't care about the 100% or completion % rate in this page but I with the time I got more addicted to try to at least get the platinum of the games I try (unless I really dislike them or they are incredible boring for me).

But to be honest, I like trophies that is a fact... but nowadays I have less time to play and I'm realizing how of a lose of times trophy hunting is (at least for me) and how I could use that time to play other games or do more productive things and is like a mental fight I have right now, I'm pretty close to just turn off notifications and play like the old times again and ONLY going for them if I literally LOVE the game.

So a summary, for me they begun as sometime to show my love for a game/series but now they become an like a must for me and I'm struggling to change that mentality be cause I want to try all games and do more things (like old times) and not going for every chest in an assassins creed game just to get an static numer and receive some rep point here.

Note that all this is just my opinion. I know for some of you I can be wrong (and in some sort I consider that too cause I'm the one whom broke the rule and took it as a job). 

Have a good day all! 

• Like 1