Research & Development trophy question

WillJones500

(For the achievement "Research & Development"=Max upgrade a MotoGP bike)

What are the things that carry over from one class to another? For example if I develop a Moto3 bike at 25%, will I have a Moto2 25% developed bike or not? Or it's just the development credits/datas that carry over to each class? Because in NODE Gamers guide it's specified that it's way better and highly recommended to start doing at least one lap of Free Practice session each weekend so you get some extra components, and it's better if you start doing them from the very 1st race, but this means from the 1st MotoGP race or Moto3 race?

This is a copy and paste of what the guide says:

"Development begins from the moment you start out the game. You progress towards completing the development is carried through your entire career, so it is best to start out from the very first race.

For every race weekend I found the best possible way to earn development credits was to do at least one lap in Free Practice One, rather than just skipping straight to the qualification round. This way you are earning more performance credits.
Remember to take a look at what is needed at the particular weekend, as you should be able to knock a couple out within one lap.

Continue to move your staff amongst the sections to ensure you have enough credits building up.

You can expect to earn this towards the end of your fourth season."

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing carries over through classes, that means every year if you are going for example from Moto2 to Motogp, you will have to start whole development of the bike again. Research progress only carries on if you will stay in the same team and class each year. 

• Like 1