Sequence 4 Memory 6 - Kill Ferrer (Take no damage) - Solution

• 2 months later...

I tried this but method but had a hard time disarming one of the enemies without taking damage. I ended up getting it done by using the whip on the target three times (just hitting him with the whip and not trying to stab after pulling him in).

Edited by drfk168

• 3 months later...

I waited to come back to this one since the trophy guide said it may take some time and would be easier with smoke bombs. When I retried, the smoke bombs were not there. However, I did have the hand pistol. I equipped this at the start of the fight and shot Ferrer as soon as I was able to control my character. It was very easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, drfk168 said:

I tried this but method but had a hard time disarming one of the enemies without taking damage. I ended up getting it done by using the whip on the target three times (just hitting him with the whip and not trying to stab after pulling him in).

This is how I ended up doing it.  I whipped him once immediatly while all the enemies were moving in and then picked off a couple of his guards with block counters always just blocking Ferrer.  Once I had room to manuever I backed off and when I was momentarily I whipped him a second and then a third time to trigger the cut sceen. 

Spoiler

I managed this twice after a bit of practice, mostly because I missed the Mayan Relic the first tim through. >.<

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2022 at 2:40 AM, Chappin8 said:

All you need to do is equip your fists, counter and disarm one of the guys with a musket so you take it off them, and then shoot ferrer straight away. Super easy!

Unfortunately, a lot of things can (and will) go wrong with this strategy.

• The brutes who slap you when you counter-and-attack them frequently strike at Aveline first. Even if you successfully counter, an accidental tap of triangle or square will cause them to slap, damaging Aveline .
  • While you are trapped in the slower-than-molasses disarm animation, any enemy can strike you, causing damage.
  • Multiple enemies can attack simultaneously, making it hard to counter each and every attack, especially while finding a window for the lengthy disarm animation.

I am not against your strategy in any way, shape or form. In fact, I think it's one of the better approaches to this fight. My problem is with Ubisoft's brainless approach to this memory in general and this fight in particular. 

Fighting de Ferrer? Fine.

Fight a whole bunch of enemies at once? Fine.

Fight this group without Aveline's usual weapons? Fine.

Include all of the above with a "take no damage" objective? No, not fine and not fun. Why add it?

Ubisoft ruins their own games. This entire memory could have been a cool Indiana Jones-like experience. Instead, Ubisoft placed a two-minute time limit on a rollerball puzzle with horrible physics, put a "no damage" requirement on this fight, and finished the memory with another two-minute/no checkpoint "rocks down a slippery slope" section. Whatever enjoyment this memory could have offered, Ubisoft destroyed by being clueless.

Rant aside, another option is to simply counter all attacks with circle until the soldiers form a musket line. Grab de Ferrer with X and use him as a human shield. Tap circle and single tap X (double tapping X will result in a brute slap) to parry enemy attacks until the yellow triangles appear over the heads of the musket-carrying soldiers. Pressing X at this point will grab the nearest enemy for a human shield, so stay as close to Ferrer as possible so Aveline grabs him and not someone else. The guards will shoot de Ferrer and the game will immediately enter a cutscene. 

This optional objective deserves to be its own trophy.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 5:40 AM, Chappin8 said:

All you need to do is equip your fists, counter and disarm one of the guys with a musket so you take it off them, and then shoot ferrer straight away. Super easy!

I didn't want to replay this memory later so I tried to get all the optional stuff the first time. After failing a half dozen times using the whip, I switched to bare hands and took out Ferrer the first time using the above strategy. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 8:32 PM, sum1_worsethan_u said:

I didn't want to replay this memory later so I tried to get all the optional stuff the first time. After failing a half dozen times using the whip, I switched to bare hands and took out Ferrer the first time using the above strategy. 

Same here, tried a few times with no luck. Got it done first try by disarming and shooting, easy easy. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I restarted this checkpoint multiple times trying to do the things others suggested, and nothing was working.  Then randomly two guy with muskets formed a firing line.  I grabbed de Ferrer and mission over, no damage, lol!  It was probably a fluke, but just something to keep in mind if the other suggestions aren't working for you.

• 5 weeks later...

I have only just looked at this thread, but i came to the forums to post..

Spent 20 minutes trying to figure this out, eventually decided to go to fists and try some disarming.. straight off sussed, disarm a musket, shoot him

then discover this thread and find out my great plan was already someone elses great plan :D