Online situation for trophies

Hi everyone, I have a simple question for the game: what is the situation for the online portion of the game? 

I want to try and make this game my 200th platinum, but the online trophies concern me a little. 

It's not about the time needed, I know that it takes a lot of time, but if the game is playable without issues. 

Let me explain: when I played Red Dead 1 some years ago, the online was a mess, full of cheaters and people who actively tried to prevent you to play the game. 

I managed to get the platinum thanks to a very good group of players, but I want to avoid something like that again. 

It's possible to play the game without problems or is a no man's land like the first? 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

There's plenty of people playing it as will probably continue since it's pretty popular, the MP trophies can be achieved mostly by yourself, in this game the online part is the easiest one and should take you around 40-50 hours.

• Like 3

When I did it a 2 years after launch (a year and a half ago) there was no cheaters, hackers, etc.

A majority of trophies can be done without interacting with others and in small lobbies. (Collecting herbs, levelling up [Use the Collector role to make the grind wayyyyy quicker], crafting ammo, etc)

• Like 1

It's pretty cool because the map is really big and you dont see that many other players. Here and there I met some griefers who were giving me a hard time but had more positive interactions with other players than negative.

If you want to have a "private lobby" you can always change your internet settings to have solo lobby. 

Steps in how to set it up:

In your PS network settings, navigate over the following: Set Up Internet Connection (Wifi or Lan)
Select Custom (or Advanced Settings on the PS5)
Connect to your Wifi (if that's what you're using)
IP Adress Settings: Automatic
DHCP Host Name: Do Not Specify
DNS Settings: Automatic
MTU - Manual (change it to 800)

Proxy Server: Do Not Use

My advice is to pick a collector role and buy a collector bag from Madam Nazar asap (save your gold for it). You currently have a special offer in PS store for 25 gold bars for a good 5 bucks which is a great offer if you wanna get MP done asap. You could grab that and buy a collector bag asap. Then you can save a lot of stuff in that bag and farm your way to the top.

You can use this guys method to farm for collectibles:

When using that be sure to "find a new session" at every spot before picking up first collectible in that spot. When new session is found all the collectibles for that location spawn at the same time. When selling items don't sell individual pieces from the sets but only full sets and you will get a lot more xp and money. When leveling up your collector role you will be able to unlock shovel and metal detector which you can then purchase at Madam Nazar.

The only trophy that is kinda bugging me is Achieve MVP 3 times (in a round with at least 4 players). I aint that good, and the only matchmaking I like here is racing but there is always a high level player in a race who wins most of the time. If I don't get 3 wins till level 50 I'm boosting this one. 

And a tip for when going for the trophy for upgrading a camp you can buy 5 flags for it and it will still count (cheapest method). Just don't use gold as it may not count and also gold is very valuable and hard to get so save it for really important stuff like collectors bag and bounty license. When doing missions, especially bounty missions loot as much enemies as you can because you can also find a collectibles that way.

Edited by elisir1986
  • Like 4

When I played for the level 50 a week ago, I died maybe 2 times from random people. I usually ran around collecting items for the collector role. Didn't really run into many people unless I was in or around one of the towns. 

I did the MVPs in Call to Arms which is the easiest to do if you have 3 friends to help or people to boost with.

Edited by Beatminaz

• 2 weeks later...
On 6. 7. 2022 at 0:49 AM, elisir1986 said:

The only trophy that is kinda bugging me is Achieve MVP 3 times (in a round with at least 4 players). I aint that good, and the only matchmaking I like here is racing but there is always a high level player in a race who wins most of the time. If I don't get 3 wins till level 50 I'm boosting this one. 

I just found out that the easiest method to get MVP 3 times is probably playing Takeover playlists and ignoring all the players and just running for the zones.

The best match to get this in is Hostile Takeover - the player who catches (spends the most time in) zones gets the MVP so the kills / deaths don't even matter, and you can even get it if your team loses.

Edited by elisir1986