Does ps5 require internet for trophies?

Camokidd87

Ive read alot and it seems there are mixed answers to this question. Back in the day you could earn trophies on vita and ps3 any time and theyll just upload when u connect to the internet again. On ps4 i believe it was the same mostly. However i noticed when im offline on ps5 the trophies dont always pop. For example, there was a car crash down the street from my house a month ago and they hit one of the communication boxes and the whole neighborhood had no cable or internet. I was mid way through playing a game. At the end of the chapter the trophy didnt pop. Then i checked why and noticed i was offline. I stopped playing the game again until net was back on and replayed the level and trophy popped. If i was playing a game with no chapter select id of been stuck with no level 5 trophy and no way to go back without starting the whole game over. I even went to my trophy list and it said i didnt pop it. So im trying to figure out exactly how it works. My issue here is im moving this week and i wont have internet at my new house for a month or 2 until i can afford it. Will this affect my trophy earning at all being completely offline? For example im 3/4 through far cry and other long games so if i take the ps5 offline for a month and finish those games while being offline, will the trophies still be earned correctly and upload at the time its connected again? Ive read multiple threads on here where others say if their ps5 is offline their trophies dont register at all. So if i go to finish the game offline and a trophy doesnt pop for a level thats 90 percent at the end of the game and no way to go back id be completely screwed. I just want to be very clear about the details of the trophies on ps5 while offline because right now im scared to even touch the ps5 without internet. Itd be fantastic to be able to just keep playing as normal and then when my wifi gets hooked up itll sync all my trophies but i fear it doesnt always work like that on a ps5. Any info wouod be appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this. 

It was just odd how when i was offline it didnt pop at all then when i got back online it popped after i replayed the level. Im completely fine with them not syncing automatically or the trophy notifications being delayed i just dont want to finish any games and the trophy not unlock forcing me to restart the whole game to get the trophy i missed. Also is it possible tgat when i checked my trophy list it didnt show ut because it only shows whats syned to psn server? If i were to disable the internet altogether and then plsy itll show them right? And the sync when i reconnect?

Well, on ps4 you literally can't access the trophies gallery because an error message appears, I think that insisting a few times you can see the trophies already won but new trophies don't appear, so if on ps5 they followed with the same logic it's same way i think

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2022 at 8:20 PM, kevao97 said:

Well, on ps4 you literally can't access the trophies gallery because an error message appears, I think that insisting a few times you can see the trophies already won but new trophies don't appear, so if on ps5 they followed with the same logic it's same way i think

Attempting to view your profile on the PS4 when offline only prompts a message once which you ignore and then your trophy list appear as normal - earning new trophies is no exception.

The only noteworthy detail is that after a format, the only trophies that will show are the ones you'll start unlocking after said format. You need to log in again to once more see the entirety of your profile.