Gaming By Numbers 2022 (Event Ended)

I'll try being a little less lazy this time and post my actual list :P

0 - Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!

1 - Dragon Marked For Death

5 - Death Stranding

I think this game is almost the definition of "aight". A couple of good things, a few somewhat annoying things (at least for completionists), but I enjoyed it overall.

Imagine a 2D Castlevania game, let's say Symphony of the Night. Now picture it just a little more RPG-y (leveling, loot, gear upgrades and all that) and make it based around small missions you pick from a HUB area. You do those, get money, XP and loot and continue with the next one, or replay older ones with increased level caps. That's pretty much what it is, very comparable to Odin Sphere as well, minus the efforts on story to be honest. It's a totally alright little 2D hack&slash and probably way better with its online co-op, something I wasn't able to test because no one owns this game :D

Doing the whole story with all six characters got a little chewy, but only because I did all of them back to back. So if you take your time with it it's not that bad. And all of them just play differently enough to make a good chunk of each playthrough fun it its own way.

If a Castlevania-esque game tickles your fancy and you see DMFD on a sale, it's worth a shot. It doesn't blow other games out of the water, but it's completely fine within its own scale.

There's a 70% chance that we will grab a 9 next weekend, but other than that this could be it from my list. Depends on how long Inscryption takes, people are already starting to complete it by now. But four games would be OK given my lack of gaming lately, I'd take it.

• Like 1

Kingdom Hearts II is still a great game, It's amazing to see how much bigger and more detailed it is than the first one even tho they're both on the same platform.

The Data Replica's were pretty hard but I expected nothing less on Critical. I was glad I grinded a few extra power ups because it really helped.

Birth By Sleep is (imo) such a great game, the 3 stories that combined make a bigger story, younger versions of beloved characters and a great voice cast.

Sure there is some stuff that you have to redo as the other characters but it's not that hard.

Maybe it's because I already did it before on PS3 but the Secret Boss was pretty easy this time around, sure I died a couple of times with Terra but not a lot.

12050 - HiQ Ace Unlimited (EU) 1f4af.png

05911 - Kingdom Hearts (PS4) :platinum:

05912 - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS4) :platinum:

05913 - Kingdom Hearts II (PS4) :platinum:

05914 - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4) :platinum:

08675 - Kingdom Hearts III

12996 - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart :platinum:

12567 - Balan Wonderworld (PS5) :platinum:

05748 - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage

05749 - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

• Like 4

I think it is time to post my first update for this event.

0:
9671: AI: The Somnium Files
2252: Flower
3:
15434: Submerged: Hidden Depths (PS5, EU)
16095: LEGO Builder's Journey (PS5)
6:
10937: Endless Fables: Dark Moor
10598: Mekorama (PS4, EU)
16289: Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising (PS5)

I got 7 games done so far. I'm missing 0, 3 and 6

I have 4 possible games for #0, not sure which one I'll play for that.

• Like 2

Well, Soul Hackers 2 done!

Not really as extreme as I expected, but was still a decent experience (well, kind of short.. and the Soul Matrix was kind of annoying and bland.. I didn't really liked the fact that I always had to return from the dungeons to fuse either.. but the story was good enough and the demon system was also well implemented, even if it gave me more a feel of Digital Devil Saga than actually Devil Summoner.. because of how demons worked, as well as the nearly full customization of the characters skill set..).

This also made me see that nowadays I definitely feel more joy on Turn-based JRPGs than with open world, full action RPGs as far as gameplay goes..

I also decided on a final list, that's easy for me to complete before the end of the month.. but that was only thanks to me learning that Whispering Willows was still possible to buy for Vita through the PS4 version being crossbuy (I hadn't bought it before), and luckily it was also on sale! Same on TOEM case, since I likely wouldn't purchase it, but was given on ps+ this month!

The List (7/10):

0 - Disgaea 6 Complete • EU • PS5 (16870) :platinum:

1 - Whispering Willows • PSVita • EU (3671)

2 - TOEM (13922)

3 - The Walking Dead: The Final Season • EU (8023)

4 - Soul Hackers 2 • PS5 (17654) :platinum:

5 - Super Bomberman R Online (13015) 2714.png

6 - Quest of Dungeon (5736) :platinum:

7 - Kotodama (9077) :platinum:

8 - The Walking Dead: The New Frontier (5698) :platinum:

9 - Syberia 3 (6029) :platinum:

Next up is The Walking Dead Final Season, since it's the longest one, and I will save TOEM and Whispering Willows for the 24th, to get those games done during the "International Hunting" event..

• Like 2

Okay, two more down. Still easy, but that's how it goes.

0 -

1 - Killzone: Mercenary (2111)

2 -

3 - The Suicide of Rachel Foster (NA) (11413)

4 - CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (584)

5 - 

6 -

7 - Coffee Talk (10267)

8 -

9 -

Coffee Talk was great! It's pretty much what I was looking for with VA-11 Hall-A, without the pedophilia! The pixel art was really good, the stories were genuinely interesting and the characters memorable, and it lasted just long enough to not overstay its welcome. Honestly, I wouldn't have even minded if it went on a little longer! Definitely would recommend this to anyone looking for something chill to just relax with. Glad I finally did this one, been wanting to for a while.

The Suicide of Rachel Foster was... alright? It's a walking sim, a genre I've done plenty of, and I mean I've certainly played worse. It's not anywhere near the level of something like What Remains of Edith Finch, but the story was interesting and told from a character with unique perspective. Some of the dialogue had weird delivery, but again, I've seen far worse. It's alright. Can't say I'd recommend it though unless you're into middle tier games.

Halfway there! 

• Like 2

Two more games down. TOEM was a cute quick game that came to PS Plus this month. Now I have at least enough for the badge.

0 - Queens Quest 3: The End of Dawn (9190) :platinum:

1 - Ether One (3551) :platinum:

2 - TOEM (13922) :platinum:

3 - Sack Boy: A Big Adventure (11793)

4 - Chaos on Deponia (6964)

5 - Steins;Gate Elite (8755) :platinum:

6 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One Shot Adventure (14586)

7 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection Years 5-7 (5447) :platinum:

8 - Letter Quest (4248)

9 - WILL: A Wonderful World (9309) :platinum:

• Like 2

Two more, going along quick.

0 -

2 -

5 - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (3695)

6 -

7 - Coffee Talk (10267)

8 - Please Don't Touch Anything (8988)

9 -

Please Don't Touch Anything was a charming, quick little game with a whole lot of endings. Honestly, I really enjoyed it! It has lots of references to other indie games similar to it, like The Stanley Parable, and has just complex enough hints about how to solve puzzles to be fun without overdoing it. This one was a real joy, and I'd recommend it, but apparently it's been delisted for about 6 months now. A shame, but I'm glad I got it when I did.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, while a famous walking sim, wasn't really that impressive to me? Maybe it's because it's very early on in that genre, but I didn't find it all that amazing. It wasn't BAD for sure, it's at least like a 6/10, but the ending fell a little flat for me. I will say though, thank god this had a proper run feature. So many games like Everybody's Gone To the Rapture make you slog around through molasses across a massive map, and it's horrible. I did enjoy this though.

Four left! Getting close. 

• Like 2

Going to have to ask the kind people running the event for a little bit of an extension for me to be able to prove my trophies.  I don't think I'll get my PS5 connected to the internet during the month, but should hopefully be within a couple of weeks next month.  I can share pictures of my trophy list on the console if that would help.  Let me know.

Other than that... heres the update:

0 - The Last of Us Part 2 :platinum: + 100%

1 - Soma (Pending)

2 - The Witcher 3 Complete Edition (In Progress!! Both DLCs complete, almost done with death march run)

3 - Dark Souls 2 PS4 :platinum:

4 - Until Dawn :platinum:

5 - Cat Quest :platinum:

6 - Resident Evil 0 :platinum:

7 - The Last Guardian :platinum:

8 - Lawn Mowing Simulator :platinum:

9 - Horizon: Zero Dawn :platinum: + 100%

• Like 3

3 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Going to have to ask the kind people running the event for a little bit of an extension for me to be able to prove my trophies.  I don't think I'll get my PS5 connected to the internet during the month, but should hopefully be within a couple of weeks next month.  I can share pictures of my trophy list on the console if that would help.  Let me know.

Send me the pictures in a PM and I'll see what I can do.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:00 PM, TalesofGaming said:

I don't think I'll be able to finish my last two games this month as I'm obsessed with Voice of Cards so going to be continuing that series first.

I didn't realize that Voice of Cards was made by Square-Enix. Or am I wrong? I just saw that game on a list of games coming out this week alongside a game I hope to platinum if they localize it, the offline version of Dragon Quest X, which was terrible because it never came to the West. (I understand why they did it, they did a test run of English and ran into the toxic MMO nerds so they decided to cancel localization out of fear of us American toxic babies crawling into their pristine MMO. :( I'm just glad they are releasing a single-player RPG based on the story of the MMO. If they could do that for FFXIV, I won't feel so bad canceling my sub. xD)

Anyways, I'm 37% on my last game, Legend of Mana. I rage-quit for six hours due to that dang crab-crushing thing on Madora Beach. Now I'm stalled because I know I have to steal map pieces from Dudbears before their leader catches me and kicks me out, and that's pretty stressful. :( At least I completed the Faerie route so I have over 36 quests done out of the 67 total. Placed the Mana Sword and have some decently crafted gear, got my best armor in an Ishe Platinum hauberk I tempered to have great defense. Have most of the weapon skill sets learned, just need to complete Spear, Bow, and Staff.

Two more. I might just get this done.

0 -

2 - Thomas Was Alone (1932)

6 -

7 - Coffee Talk (10267)

9 - Arcade Game Series: Galaga (4529)

Galaga is Galaga. There's not really anything else to say. It was one of the first big video games- I mean talking like this is like talking about Pac Man. Everyone's played it at least once. The only thing to mention is the trophies, which while they weren't the hardest things I've ever done, definitely had their frustrations. It was definitely more difficult than the rest of this list (except for Killzone obviously), because man getting those perfect challenge stages could be HARD. But yeah, I guess give it a play if it's cheap.

Thomas Was Alone was a game I think I actually played when it was a flash game way back in the day. I could barely remember it though, so it was nice to finally give it a proper shot! This was definitely one of those breakout indie titles that proved that indie flash games could be more than just quick and easy sidescrollers. It had a really neat story, lots of satisfying puzzles, and was just an overall great time. Definitely give this one a go!

Only two left. Might make these ones something that's actually worth posting? If I have the time for it anyway. I'm just happy the list is almost over.

• Like 2

Just got to 52% completion on Legend of Mana. I have harvested every produce except for Bellgrapes and the orchard is not providing. I have used a guide to find what seeds I need to give and I know I have harvested every fruit and vegetable except for Bellgrapes. Quest-wise, I got the trophy for completing every quest involving Bud & Lisa and only have one more Niccolo quest for that trophy, and then it's just finishing up the final story arc. (I know I will have to do New Game+ for the No Future Mode trophy and will have to go visit one dungeon in New Game+ in NFM as I have turned on No Encounters to get through most of the quests. (In the original Legend of Mana that was not allowed and you had to fight all the way to quest triggers, this no encounters feature really helped, as I don't think I would have kept my sanity if I had tried to do the all crab crushing challenge and I don't know how the heck I didn't fail The Treasure Map event on the original as there are ton of hostiles in Madora Beach and Mekiv Caves. xD

I am going to sleep right now, and then tomorrow (after I help my dad out, we're finally wiring my future home with electricity now that we obtained enough money to finish the place from selling the old place. My dad was a little too eager to wave good-bye to the old place despite us needing to drive past it every time we came back from gym or church. xD. Got over $100,000 for the old place, so we have more than enough money to make the new place a home, despite it being the smallest house I am going to live in. :D) I am going to finish this platinum by hook or by crook.

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

My final update is here now that I'm finished all titles! Was a fun event to do, glad I managed to finish as well!

0 - Minecraft (PS Vita) :platinum:

1 - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Classic Edition ?

2 - Turok 2: Seeds of Evil :platinum:

3 - Scarlet Nexus (PS4) :platinum:

4 - Turok ?

5 - What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4 NA) ?

6 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-Shot Adventure :platinum:

7 - Ghostwire: Tokyo :platinum:

8 - Alan Wake (PS5 NA) :platinum:

9 - Operation: Tango (PS5) :platinum:

• Like 2

Adding in a 2022 release that was pretty enjoyable! Just two more to go.

0 - Fantasy Strike [9420] :platinum:

1 - Yumeutstutsu Re:Master (AS Physical) [12401] :platinum:

2 - Nexoria: Dungeon Rogue Heroes (NA PS4) [14042] :platinum:

3 - Adam's Venture: Origins [4503] :platinum:

4 - Cinders (NA) [11354] :platinum:

5 - Steam Tactics (NA Vita) [11205] :platinum:

6 - fault - milestone one [10866] 1f4af.png

9 - The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story (PS4) [16299] :platinum:

• Like 1

0 - Gunstar Heroes (300) 1f4af.png

1 - Explosive Jake (NA Vita 10551) :platinum:

2 - Girl Fight (2142) 1f4af.png

3 - Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (873) 1f4af.png

4 - AI: The Somnium Files nirvanA Initiative (NA 16834) 15/49  Everybody's Golf 6544 :platinum:

5 - Jetpack Joyride (Vita 1805) 1f4af.png

6 - Collar X Malice (NA Vita 6416) :platinum:

7 - Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl (PS4 14217) :platinum:

8 - Eiyuden Chronicles Rising (NA PS4 16288) :platinum:

9 - Nexomon (NA PS4 14009) :platinum:

Had a change once I decided to work on Everybody's golf due to server closure.  Forgot how fun that game was and lo an behold, it was a 4.  So i ended up making that my final game I needed.  Thanks for another great event @eigen-space

• Like 1

0: Unpacking (PS5) (16110)
 1: Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder (8041)
 2: Chrono Cross (15952)
 3: Secret of Mana (7223)
 4: Legend of Mana (13244)
 5: LEGO City Undercover (6005)
 6: Buff Knight Advanced (4516)
 7: Unpacking (PS4) (16287)
 8: Persian Nights 2: Moonlight Veil (11968)
 9: LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (5449)

And that's the last of the games, I've completed the challenge!

Fun fact: I found out that, when you first enter Domina, if you try to enter the bar, Niccolo bumps into you on the way out! xD

I found out that while unlocking Mekiv Caverns to grind in No Future Mode. I had a 581 attack power flail and defense so high that the level 99 enemies did zippo to me and died in one hit. I actually had to place a few artifacts down to get Mindas Ruins and just grind off the enemies in the tomb. Turns out that you get more enemies in the tomb in No Future Mode, I had to deal with two mummy apes instead of one and at Level 99, these undead monkeys almost defeated me by throwing me across the room. :P

Still, I finally got the last trophy, which was for grinding to max level, and we're done. I enjoyed the game but some of the events were terrible and easy to fail, and if you fail them without a save, you have to do them all again on a new playthrough. :(

So I'm done with the challenge, it was a decent one. I did delay this last game until now due to how quickly I got everything else. Was surprised to get the LEGO games fast considering how tedious story mode is. Thanks for the event! :)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

Finished grinding out all the words for the last trophy I needed in Letter Quest, it wasn't too bad. No idea if I'm going to get the last 3 or not unless I find shorter games or actually decided to dive into these more.

0 - Queens Quest 3: The End of Dawn (9190) :platinum:

1 - Ether One (3551) :platinum:

2 - TOEM (13922) :platinum:

3 - Sack Boy: A Big Adventure (11793)

4 - Chaos on Deponia (6964)

5 - Steins;Gate Elite (8755) :platinum:

6 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One Shot Adventure (14586)

7 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection Years 5-7 (5447) :platinum:

8 - Letter Quest (4248)?

9 - WILL: A Wonderful World (9309) :platinum:

• Like 2

0 - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (5280)

1 - Just Ignore Them (9821)

2 - Donut County (8082)

3 - Black the Fall (6343)

4 - Inside (5154)

5 - One Eyed Kutkh (7245)

6 - Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (6826)

7 - Telling Lies (10657)

8 - The Bunker (5308)

9 -

Finished Inside.  I'm still in awe on what a great game that was.  Heart rate is still up!

• Like 4

I finally managed to wrap up The Quarry. I really enjoyed it early on, but this does not have a path where you can be efficient with trophies. You will need almost four entire playthroughs at a minimum. Which makes getting the platinum a huge chore, and it didn't need to be that way. I think it is the best one from this studio so far though as far as general quality and fun factor go. I also ended up trying out Toem and finished it in one night, so it replaced Graveyard Keeper in my list. I have just just two more numbers left, but only 10 days. Pressure is on. 

Illustration28-5.png

• Like 3

0 - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (5280)

1 - Just Ignore Them (9821)

2 - Donut County (8082)

3 - Black the Fall (6343)

4 - Inside (5154)

5 - One Eyed Kutkh (7245)

6 - Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (6826)

7 - Telling Lies (10657)

8 - The Bunker (5308)

9 - Yesterday Origins (5429)

Yesterday Origins was a nice game, but hot spots were elusive.

• Like 4

(0) 17360 - Roll the Cat :platinum:

(1) 16771 - Sonic Origins :platinum:

(2) 14592 - A Pretty Odd Bunny :platinum:

(3) 16773 - Fall Guys :platinum:

(4) 16934 - Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series :platinum:

(5) 11885 - Immortals Fenyx Rising :platinum:

(6) 14086 - Nickelodeon All Star Brawl :platinum:

(7) 16957 - Rayland :platinum:

(8) 14708 - Death's Door :platinum:

(9) 17269 - What Remains of Edith Fitch :platinum:

And with that my badge is complete. I just need to do the DLC for Immortals for the Fall Backlog Challenge but I have time for a break before I do that. 

Thanks for hosting the most fun event of the site. 

• Like 3

Aaaand done. Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

0 - Stories Untold (NA) (11670)

2 - Thomas Was Alone (1932)

6 - The Sinking City (PS4) (9216)

7 - Coffee Talk (10267)

9 - Arcade Game Series: Galaga (4529)

The Sinking City is one of two games on this list that took me longer than an evening to beat. It was really good! Classic Lovecraftian stories are usually quite a good time, and this one did the whole thing real well. There were some bumps here and there, the reused assets started to become pretty obvious about halfway through, but nothing that lessened the overall enjoyment. I've heard the PS5 version is a lot worse because of some legal troubles with the developers and publishers, so... watch out for that. I played the PS4 version though, and that was great! Would definitely recommend.

Stories Untold was a fun horror compilation thing by the people who made Observer. I've never played Observer, but if it's as good as this, I might have to pick it up! It was really interesting- quite short, but that didn't negatively impact it at all. Lots of varied gameplay despite a relatively static character, and an interesting story that has a unique take on some old concepts. Definitely pick it up! I seem to remember it being quite cheap.

Overall, despite my time constraints, I had a lot of fun with this event. This is always my favorite event of the year, and it's so fun to play some games I might not have otherwise because they have the correct number I need. Here's to next years gaming by numbers! And good luck to everyone else finishing before the end of the month!

• Like 2