Gaming By Numbers 2022 (Event Ended)

0 - Roll The Cat [PS5/NA] (17360) :platinum:

1 - Call of the Sea [PS5] (12891) :platinum:

2 - Ape Escape [PS5] (16432) :platinum:

3 - Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars (14443) :platinum:

4 - Seasons After Fall (6144)

5 - Lost Ember (9845) :platinum:

6 - Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered [PS5] (13786)

7 - Coffee Talk (10267) :platinum:

8 - NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... (12768) :platinum:

9 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 [PS4] (5449) :platinum:

I finally finished the Voice of Cards series. I also changed my two last remaining games for shorter games. Now the question is, can I finish these two games in a week? ?

• Like 4

0 - Up (PS3) [110]

1 - The Last Campfire (PS4) [11341]

3 - Astro's Playroom (PS5) [11753]

8 - Need for Speed Heat (PS4) [9908]

9 - Asdivine Hearts (PSV) [5669]

Asdivine Hearts for #9

Started this game specifically for this event thinking it would be a short RPG. Turns out it took me 30hrs. Not that I'm complaining, I enjoyed it, ended up playing not much else but this. Had a bunch of trouble with my old memory card in my Vita corrupting & thought I'd lose my save. I did lose all my screenshots, but somehow managed to keep the saves. 

I'm going to try & read A Winter's Daydream this weekend. I know it's slated at a 2-3hr read but I work this weekend, & more importantly, I don't want it to steal my fastest platinum spot.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

I finally finished the Voice of Cards series. I also changed my two last remaining games for shorter games. Now the question is, can I finish these two games in a week? ?

Sure thing, I believe in you!

And true, last week of GbN is upon us :P A lot of badges in general already and a few people are real close to it at this point. Last weekend to push through your games, go nuts!

• Like 1

0: Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
1: Stray PS5
2: Donut County PS4 NA
3: Kena Bridge of Spirits PS5
4: Mirror's Edge Catalyst
5: FF VII Remastered (not Remake)
6: FF VIII Remastered
7: The Last Guardian Uncharted 2 Remastered
8: Scarlet Nexus PS5 Uncharted 1 Remastered
9: FF IX Remastered Uncharted 3 Remastered

I am happy to report that I have finished FF8 to conclude my efforts for the event for a full badge! I wish my time with FF8 were more positive, but I did not like the experience much. The combat system was rather complex and punished you for using certain fundamental elements of it, which was boggling to me as a design choice. I didn't find the story all that enthralling either, just didn't captivate me in the same way as FF7 did on any element. But alas, it was so fun participating in this event again and seeing everyone's efforts progress!!! Congrats to those who have already finished and those who are in the home stretch!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

I am happy to report that I have finished FF8 to conclude my efforts for the event for a full badge! I wish my time with FF8 were more positive, but I did not like the experience much. The combat system was rather complex and punished you for using certain fundamental elements of it, which was boggling to me as a design choice. I didn't find the story all that enthralling either, just didn't captivate me in the same way as FF7 did on any element.

Funny, I feel the same way about FF7 that you do about FF8, only for different reasons: The graphics were wretched(but I forgive this as this was Final Fantasy's first 3D game and first 3D games are always going to be polygon model messes, look at Super Mario 64! xD), the story was ridiculous and focused way too much on Cloud(the only part I liked was the two side quests you did with Yuffie, who is my favorite character, and I didn't like her profile picture, toothy grins don't sit well with me) and there was no way to remove random encounters which was frustrating without the cheats the remake provided and then you have to fight randoms to get enough AP for your Materia. It was very boring, and I had read a few guides on powering up in FF8 and the story was more interesting even if it made little sense halfway through. The level scaling prevents you from just grinding for levels, which is a bad habit most RPGs enjoyed having. :(

Still to each their own. In the end, we survived and that's all that matters. I got all my ten games done and so did you. ;)

On 4.7.2022 at 9:04 PM, eigen-space said:

Important Dates
Sign-up Ends: Midnight, July 31, 2022
Event Starts: 12:00:01 AM, August 1, 2022

Event Ends: Midnight, September 30, 2022

--Timezone is MST

Sorry to be the buzzkill, but sign-ups have been closed for a very long time now and this year's event is about 90% over at this point. Amongst the very few rules in this event, this is one that we need to be strict about with so many participants each year.

On the bright side, it'll most likely be back next year, so this wasn't the last opportunity ever.

Still plugging along at my UR goal here. Up to 8 completions. 3 completed in 2 weeks. Can I get 2 more done in 6 days? Maybe not.... but we shall see. My choices, should they run on the shorter side of their completion times, are likely my best options for completion in time. 

0 - Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion [6530]

1 - Thumper [5411]

2 - Oddworld: New N Tasty

3 - Operation Warcade [7493]

4 - Sonic Forces [6774]

5 - Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

6 - Lone Survivor [2136]

7 - Littlebigplanet 3 [3127]

8 - Rez Infinite [5388]

9 - Lords of the Fallen [3049]

• Like 4

10 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

5 - Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

I looked at your profile during today's update to search for this one being prepared in some way. But starting from scratch... damn that would be an impressive fit :P It's really not craaazy long, especially if you happen to have a co-op partner around. But spending all this time in all those weird side modes at least feels like it takes forever.

6 hours ago, Geridian said:
  • 513 - Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal    
  • 514 - Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2: The Siege of Spinner Cay    
  • 515 - Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 3: Lair of the Leviathan    
  • 516 - Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood    
  • 517 - Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 5: Rise of the Pirate God 

Those were a fun puzzle for the spreadsheet, a real test for how long titles can be :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I looked at your profile during today's update to search for this one being prepared in some way. But starting from scratch... damn that would be an impressive fit :P It's really not craaazy long, especially if you happen to have a co-op partner around. But spending all this time in all those weird side modes at least feels like it takes forever.

Yeah, this is going to be tough. I have an emergency parachute ready for that number on the evening before the event ends, juuuuuuust in case. I do have a solid co-op buddy willing to help. 

• Like 1

Another game done, this time MX vs ATV All Out. Only 3 more games missing, currently thinking on doing Party Hard for 5, Virginia for 6 and Whispering Willows for 8. I wonder if I can fit them all on this last week.

0 - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) :platinum: (7210)

1 - MX vs ATV All Out :platinum: (7381)

2 - Jumanji :platinum: (9922)

3 - Lumo :platinum: (4803)

4 - Cars Race-O-Rama :platinum: (194)

5 - 

6 - 

7 - Rocket Arena :platinum: (11047)

8 -

9 - Gabbuchi (EU) :gold: (9579)

• Like 2

0 - Roll The Cat [PS5/NA] (17360) :platinum:

1 - Call of the Sea [PS5] (12891) :platinum:

2 - Ape Escape [PS5] (16432) :platinum:

3 - Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars (14443) :platinum:

4 - Seasons After Fall (6144) :platinum:

5 - Lost Ember (9845) :platinum:

6 - Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered [PS5] (13786) :platinum:

7 - Coffee Talk (10267) :platinum:

8 - NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... (12768) :platinum:

9 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 [PS4] (5449) :platinum:

I can't believe I did it but I got a full badge! What a journey this event was and I look forward to next years'!

• Like 4

0 - Up (PS3) [110]

1 - The Last Campfire (PS4) [11341]

2 - A Winter's Daydream (PSV) [15092]

3 - Astro's Playroom (PS5) [11753]

8 - Need for Speed Heat (PS4) [9908]

9 - Asdivine Hearts (PSV) [5669]

Managed one last game, or VN in this case with A Winter's Daydream. It's a charming, short VN about getting old & looking back on life. 

It'll have to be my last one for the event. I'm happy finishing 6/10 games as I'm not the fastest gamer. All games were great, especially The Last Campfire & Asdivine Hearts. & I managed at least one game per system. 

Many thank yous out to the host(s) for tracking games, creating badges, & every other item they tackle for the event. See y'all next time!

• Like 2

0 - Samurai Shodown: NeoGeo Collection (11160)

1 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles (14281)

2 - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (17832)

3 - Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe (5333)

4 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (6194)

5 - Guilty Gear (9105)

6 - Final Fantasy VII Remake (13116)

7 - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (13307)

8 - Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! (2908)

9 - Horizon Zero Dawn (5879)

Cutting it close, but i got the last five games done this month. I always enjoy this event since it forces me to look through my backlog; hope to see it again next year. 

• Like 2

Deliver Us The Moon for entry #6. Hopefully I can squeeze one more in before the event is over, I'm silly and spent a lot of timing doing games I had numbers for already whoops. 

0. :platinum: Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (15880)  PS5  2b50.png2b50.png2b50.png

1. :platinum: Ether One (3551) PS4 2b50.png2b50.png

3. :platinum: Resident Evil 3 (10633) PS4  2b50.png2b50.png2b50.png

5. 100% The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (3695) PS4 2b50.png2b50.png2b50.png

6. :platinum: Deliver Us The Moon (16776) PS5 2b50.png2b50.png

8. :platinum: MultiVersus (17108) PS5 2b50.png2b50.png

Edited by Beth Medusa
  • Like 2

This was a close one but I got it done.

0 - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) :platinum: (7210)

1 - MX vs ATV All Out :platinum: (7381)

2 - Jumanji :platinum: (9922)

3 - Lumo :platinum: (4803)

4 - Cars Race-O-Rama :platinum: (194)

5 - Party Hard :gold: (4615)

6 - Twin Robots (NA) :platinum: (6686)

7 - Rocket Arena :platinum: (11047)

8 - Resident Evil 3 (PS5) :platinum: (16678)

9 - Gabbuchi (EU) :gold: (9579)

• Like 2

Last day of GbN is upon us! I'm planning on doing the last full update of the spreadsheet on Sunday evening, just so there's enough time for every single profile to update on this site. So if you're working on those last numbers, make sure to sync your trophies on PSN ASAP, or @ me if you're experiencing any syncing issues. Maybe it's also a good opportunity to check your own progress one last time, mistakes are definitely in the realm of possibilities.

There's a chance that I'll do another update during next week, but with me not being 100% sure about it just yet, better safe than sorry.

• Like 3

Finished my list even though I left that last game way too long. Thanks for running the event again!

Her Majesty's SPIFFING - Goofy little point and click game that Ive been meaning to play for awhile. Felt more like a demo to me then a complete game though.

Kona - Game is set in 1970s Quebec Canada and was pretty decent for a walking/survival lite sim. I was annoyed by all the blowing snow and the less than stellar visibility, but then I realized it added huge to the ambience of the game.

0 - Maquette [12420]  :platinum:

1 - Stray [17011]  :platinum:

2 - Her Majesty's SPIFFING [5672]  :platinum:  *New

3 - Lost Words: Beyond the Page [12643]  :platinum:

4 - Everybody's Golf [6544]  :platinum:

5 - 35MM [15455]  :platinum:

6 - Deliver Us the Moon [16776]  :platinum:

7 - The Adventure Pals [7447]  :platinum:

8 - Afterparty [9778]  :platinum:

9 - Kona [14959]  :platinum:  *New

• Like 4

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to complete all games because I've been swamped with work these last few weeks, but I just finished my last game. I would have liked to tackle a bit more of my backlog instead of opting for shorter games that are available with PS+ Extra, but as I said, I just didn't have the time. Anyways, here is my final list:

13110 - Final Fantasy VII Remake [PS5] :platinum: 

17011 - Stray [PS5] :platinum: 

15162 - The Artful Escape [PS5] :platinum: 

12643 - Lost Words: Beyond the Page :platinum: 

13624 - I Am Dead [PS5] :platinum: 

13625 - I Am Dead [PS4] :platinum: 

10656 - Telling Lies :platinum: 

15217 - The Artful Escape [PS4] :platinum: 

13478 - Last Stop [PS5] :platinum: 

17269 - What Remains of Edith Finch [PS5] :platinum: 

Thanks again to eigen-space and Jens for creating and overseeing this event. As always, this has been a blast, especially checking out the games everyone played and getting a few inspirations for new games to play. Also, I'm really excited to see what the finished badges will look like.

Edited by Lojtana
  • Like 4

Man, August went so well but September was just not it. Only three games left but with setback after setback I couldn't finish the challenge. Spent the first half os september bed ridden with COVID and then spent the second half of the month withour power because hurricane Fiona took a massive dump where I live. I could buy some cheap plats and get the challenge done but Gun Crazy is enough of an eyesore on my profile and I don't want anymore of that that kind of crap on my profile. I will be gracious and take this L. 

• Like 2

Nine games finished. I don't think I have enough time to finish Utawarerumono ZAN for 7 so I'll have to pick something else.

0 - Fantasy Strike [9420] :platinum:

1 - Yumeutstutsu Re:Master (AS Physical) [12401] :platinum:

2 - Nexoria: Dungeon Rogue Heroes (NA PS4) [14042] :platinum:

3 - Adam's Venture: Origins [4503] :platinum:

4 - Cinders (NA) [11354] :platinum:

5 - Steam Tactics (NA Vita) [11205] :platinum:

6 - fault - milestone one [10866] 1f4af.png

8 - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (NA PS5) [13268] :platinum:

9 - The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story (PS4) [16299] :platinum:

Edited by Arctic Cress
  • Like 1