Lollipop Chainsaw Remastered Officially Announced.

Rias Gremory

The dev has said that licensing issues mean that this won't have the original soundtrack. This means the original is about to skyrocket in price once again. Currently the ps3 ed of lollipop chainsaw is 30 quid in CEX, 15 on Xbox 360. I expect that to double even triple as copies get snatched up by collectors. 

• Like 3

Read it when i woke up. Day 1.

Lollipop > NMH. for my taste though i like both.

Hope it sells enough and we get a sequel. Seems to be new trend these days, put out remaster, see if people get it, if enough do, sequel

Anyways, in terms of censorship, i hope not. Though id expect Sony to not want a trophy for TRYING to look up a skirt. 

i still have my ps3 copy. Even if i one day sold every Playstation game i own, id keep Lollipop

1 hour ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

The dev has said that licensing issues mean that this won't have the original soundtrack.

I hope they bring Jimmy Urine in again. That guy was a major influence on the original.

52 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

This game was hilariously fun back in the day. I hope they don’t censor a bunch Innocuous things.  

The original version of the game, Japanese edition was heavily censored, didn't even have any blood in it, just weird sparklings...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

They didn't have a problem with it in Nier Automata :dunno:

Automata did release prior to Sony beginning their stricter censorship. As well, there's always the hypothesis that Sony is less strict with censorship on AAA developers. It's also to be stated that, despite being an android, 2B is definitely an adult character since the censorship seems to mainly be targeting younger/younger looking characters.

3 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Automata did release prior to Sony beginning their stricter censorship. As well, there's always the hypothesis that Sony is less strict with censorship on AAA developers. It's also to be stated that, despite being an android, 2B is definitely an adult character since the censorship seems to mainly be targeting younger/younger looking characters.

Maybe... though Automata came out in 2017, and I feel like I've been seeing threads whining about censorship since long before that ?

Oh well - remain to be seen - but, personally, I doubt Lollipop Chainsaw gets censored. 

I really don't think there's that much to censor - it was cheeky, but not ribald. there wasn't any actual nudity or anything.

Tonally, it was less Idle Hands, and more Buffy the Vampire Slayer as I recall. :dunno:

• Like 2