Lollipop Chainsaw Remastered Officially Announced.

Rias Gremory

1 hour ago, Viper said:

[…] As for me, I never played this...never really saw the appeal. Hot chick in a skirt killing zombies pretty much summed everything up for me. Might check out the remake though, we'll see. 

Eh, that’s sort of like saying God of War is “burly man screams and kills gods, sums it up for me” or “ragtag outcasts try to save the world” for (any of them, really) Final Fantasy. There’s more to it. The game actually had a pretty funny and well done story (if you enjoy things like Buffy or Charmed, anyway), very good combat mechanics with a decent challenge, and lots of humorous callbacks that old farts like me enjoyed, at least (the Pac-Man level, anyone?)

That being said, the producers being who they were and the gaming public being who they were, they definitely advertised it on the “hot chick kills zombies” angle.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The original version of the game, Japanese edition was heavily censored, didn't even have any blood in it, just weird sparklings...

Huh didn’t know that. 
Something else that has me worried is most of the licensed music from the original isn’t going to be featured apparently and they make up a huge part of the tone of certain levels.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

Been watching eBay for a PS3 copy on and off, guess I'll stop doing that now. A remake though, that's outstanding! I'd have expected a simple remaster / port. Very excited and look forward to seeing that first look appear in the future.

Too bad SUDA51 won't be involved this time, same with James Gunn

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/suda51-james-gunn-lollipop-chainsaw-remake/

1 hour ago, Ozansal said:

That’s a good news! I hope they’ll also consider to remake of the other SUDA 51 games. I want to see Shadows of the Damned, Killer is Dead and No More Heroes too. I have the PS3 versions as collectibles, but it would be way more cool to play them on new gen. ^^

I wonder if there will be a new Valentine Edition variation with some steelbook or something.. I have bought the PS3 version of the Valentine Edition some months ago and to honor it’s title i platinumed it on 14 February at 14:14 with the last trophy was “I Swear! I Did It By Mistake!” Lol. And i will gladly do it again. =D

Grasshopper manufacturer isn't involved with the remake. Totally different company

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozansal said:

I wonder if there will be a new Valentine Edition variation with some steelbook or something.. I have bought the PS3 version of the Valentine Edition some months ago and to honor it’s title i platinumed it on 14 February at 14:14 with the last trophy was “I Swear! I Did It By Mistake!” Lol. And i will gladly do it again. =D

How did you manage that? For me it was the first trophy, like 10 seconds into the game :awesome:

14 hours ago, The Investigator said:

I'll have to wait for the inevitable 1:1 comparison between what will be changed and what will be kept before I decide if I buy this for sure

Same. I just ordered the PS3 copy as an insurance in case they fuck it up. I'm ready to forgive different music being licenced though. That's understandable.

Not a dealbreaker that these OGs aren't in it. End product is the benchmark.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Grasshopper manufacturer isn't involved with the remake. Totally different company

Based on the very first post though it sounds like a bunch of the people originally involved are the ones that bought up the rights to the game.

I may be somewhat controversial here, but I found this game incredibly dull. I have a pretty juvenile sense of humor, so I thought this would be right up my alley. The game made me smile maybe twice and I found the gameplay insanely boring, the game offered no exploration whatsoever and the combat, even with it's flashy visuals, was just boring. I really wish I would have enjoyed this more, but the game wasn't even bad, it was just a chore to play.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Same. I just ordered the PS3 copy as an insurance in case they fuck it up. I'm ready to forgive different music being licenced though. That's understandable.

Not a dealbreaker that these OGs aren't in it. End product is the benchmark.

Interestingly enough, James Gunn said that Suda and him aren't currently involved with the development for the remake of Lollipop Chainsaw as if to suggest that there's still a possibility of it.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:25 PM, Letenko22 said:

I may be somewhat controversial here, but I found this game incredibly dull. I have a pretty juvenile sense of humor, so I thought this would be right up my alley. The game made me smile maybe twice and I found the gameplay insanely boring, the game offered no exploration whatsoever and the combat, even with it's flashy visuals, was just boring. I really wish I would have enjoyed this more, but the game wasn't even bad, it was just a chore to play.

Agreed, I just didn't find the game to be fun at all. Took me multiple years just to play through it

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 9:24 AM, Vergil said:

11Le9e142.png

I Swear! I Did It By Mistake!

Peeped under Juliet's skirt once

You think this will still be there :D

not likely however the fact that she keeps flipping and doing split kicks does give one a laugh. sorry lady we have already seen what's under the skirt  as the skirt fell when you did that flip split kick 5 times in the last stage and we did not even have to try to peep. s/

I would do wonder will it really be a remake, a remaster or will it be a butchered re-imagining?

Edited by Void

14 hours ago, Eraezr said:

I appreciate their openness with this and their desire to keep things as close to the original as possible. It's also nice that they acknowledged the censorship concerns even if they don't have an answer for us yet. They're going to have a hell of a time trying to "negotiate" with Sony and Microsoft when it comes to that. I wish them luck, but if worst comes to worst which I fear it will, I hope they at least release an uncensored version on PC.

• Like 2

On 07/07/2022 at 2:25 AM, Letenko22 said:

Similar sentiments here. It was alright, I had a decent amount of fun with it, but it wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable or humorous as I was hoping for. I noticed I haven't really greatly enjoyed any of the Suda51 games I've played - I enjoyed Shadows of the Damned a bit more than Lollipop Chainsaw, but it was still something I'd say was kind of mediocre. The Silver Case bored me to tears and I've always been apprehensive about the sequel ever since as a result. Wish I could enjoy these games more, as they seem like something I should enjoy, but just can't. It's a completely different series and genre, but I also feel the same way about Hitman - really wish I could like it, but I can't no matter how many times I try. Always bugs me the most when I don't like a game, but feel like it should be right up my alley.