Does your save carry over to NG+ ?

Tomoko Kuroki

I didn't even put the game in yet, I just wanna know in advance for the 3 playthrough's, do level's/items/stats ETC, carry over ? or do u need to make 3 seperate saves ? ( That would be weird o.O )

Hey, there is no new game plus, you have to play all three difficulty levels and you can't bring your items over from a past save file. Also, annoyingly enough, the difficulty trophies don't stack (Yet another "good idea" from Square Enix), so you have to play all three difficulty levels all the way through 

Edited by BlindMango

Hey, there is no new game plus, you have to play all three difficulty levels and you can't bring your items over from a past save file. Also, annoyingly enough, the difficulty trophies don't stack (Yet another "good idea" from Square Enix), so you have to play all three difficulty levels all the way through

Wow, I don't even have this game but already that sounds really unnecessary and stupid. The only game I've ever had to play 3 times was Silent Hill Downpour in order to unlock each of the different endings.

Wow, I don't even have this game but already that sounds really unnecessary and stupid. The only game I've ever had to play 3 times was Silent Hill Downpour in order to unlock each of the different endings.

Well the game itself is absolutely fantastic, such a fun game, but many of the trophies are fairly time-consuming though. If you get the game and plan on platinuming it, prepare to spend a good amount of time playing it!

Square Enix decided it was a fantastic idea to not make the difficulty-related trophies stack, which I guess they didn't get the memo that it's well-known knowledge that nobody likes that, but hey, it's Square Enix, sometimes they're a bit slow at realizing things here and there  :P

Well the game itself is absolutely fantastic, such a fun game, but many of the trophies are fairly time-consuming though. If you get the game and plan on platinuming it, prepare to spend a good amount of time playing it!

I've actually been thinking about it. After hearing so many good things about the game, I may pick it up eventually.

• Like 1

Yep they don't stack, but honestly with the trophies on this list it didn't matter if they did or not.  I mean, 

1) Beat without using continue...

2) Don't change any weapons or accessories...

3) Beat within 15 hours...

I don't see how anyone could do all of these on proud mode, so there is at least 2 playthroughs. 

• Like 1

It is possible to:

A - beat game in under 15 hours;

B - beat game without changing equipment; and

C - beat game without any continues.

all on beginner mode. When I started the game, I rushed through as much as possible, and by the time I got to the last save point before the end game boss, I had around 12 hours. However, I needed to gain a few more levels because by the time I got to the third phase of the final boss, he keeps spawning more enemies as well as use his spinning move. This put me at around 14 hours and I still didn't beat the game.

If at any time you have gone over the 15 hour mark, do not worry. There is another way that involves you getting the trophy. When you pause the game, the timer will be displayed on the bottom-left corner of the screen (in blue). Once the timer has reached 100 hours, the counter will "reset" back to 00:00, but it will change from the color blue to green. Therefore, once you have leveled up Sora to the max level (100), you can collect the rest of the trophies, and then beat the game anywhere from 00:00 (100:00) to 14:59 (114:59).

If you die at any point in the game, it will give you the option to either Continue or Reload from last Save. Make sure to choose the latter option as it will not void you from earning the no continues trophy.

I hope this makes sense. I dodn't want to start cramming too much information in here and make you even more confused :)

Edited by GarciaFever

I plat Chain of memories last week and trust me, it is even worst since you have to beat the game 6 times (3 difficulties / 2 characters). I had to take a break for about 2 months before I decide to go through the last playthroughs... and since the game is not that great it was long and boring. I guess I'm just crazy.