Does the physical edition of PS4 come with free upgrade?

MRTheChez

As the title says, my question is if it's possible to upgrade freely to ps5 version if you buy the ps4 game and vice versa? (vice versa meaning freely to downgrade to ps4 version)

Digital version of the game cost 59,99 (standard) and will get you the ps4 and ps5 version.

Here in The Netherlands we got the game for €46,69 (nice) for ps5 and 52,99 for the ps4.

If this is correct I'll get the physical edition instead

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I don't know first hand, but the box art seems to indicate there's a PS5 upgrade...

81nAQPnKEBL._SL1500_.jpg

Ooh! Might just be a free upgrade after all. So PS4 > PS5 confirmed I'd say. Now the other way around?

3 hours ago, MRTheChez said:

As the title says, my question is if it's possible to upgrade freely to ps5 version if you buy the ps4 game and vice versa? (vice versa meaning freely to downgrade to ps4 version)

Digital version of the game cost 59,99 (standard) and will get you the ps4 and ps5 version.

Here in The Netherlands we got the game for €46,69 (nice) for ps5 and 52,99 for the ps4.

If this is correct I'll get the physical edition instead

Every game that has "PS5 Upgrade Available" on the front of the box typically has a free upgrade forever. Sniper Elite 5 is one of those games.

(Some games don't like RIDE 4 and Nick All Star Brawl, though. But they tell you if it's timed on the back of the box. This also applies to paid upgrades.)

Edited by shipper321
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

PS5 physical giving you a PS4 "downgrade"?

I could be wrong, but I don't think PS5 physicals work that way.  I don't think the PS5 discs even work in the PS4.

I thought maybe there is a chance for it to be able, but if you think about it it seems impossible.

• 4 months later...
On 5.7.2022 at 10:28 PM, Dreakon13 said:

PS5 physical giving you a PS4 "downgrade"?

I could be wrong, but I don't think PS5 physicals work that way.  I don't think the PS5 discs even work in the PS4.

Correct. PS5 Games are using Ultra HD Blurays. The PS4 can only read normal Blurays.