Online Challenges Possible to Boost?

xXCostDeathXx

Hello everyone, I've been trying to get the Aweso me! trophy for a while but haven't been able to do much progress.
Reading what people say in this forum, people seem to average gold rankings in the challenges, or at a bare minimum get silver consistently. However, I am struggling to do that much as I simply am not skilled enough.
As I've averaged bronzes sometimes struggling to even get them I started wondering if there was a way to "cheat" the game like you can with other multiplayer titles.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to boost this trophy by creating a lot of dummy accounts that would have bad scores purposefully - hence boosting everyone else up.
Of course the vita doesn't allow for multiple accounts however I believe the PS TV does.
Would this be possible?

I'll be grateful for any discussion on the topic ^-^

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

Just now, Woopa777 said:

Wouldn't you need PS+ on all those accounts?

Do you need PS+ for the vita mutliplayer?
I thought it was like the PS3 where you don't need it

Also PS+ shares across all accounts on PS3, PS4 and PS5 I don't see why the PS TV would be different.
Then again, I don't currently own a PS TV so can't confirm

I don't know how many people still play the challenges, but let me guess 200 per day. If you're getting bronzes but not silver you are in the top 80% but not top 50%, i.e., positions 101-160. If you're 101 you only need to have 2 more people do worse than you to be in the top 50% (i.e., you're now 101/202=50% exactly). If you're 160 you need 120 people to do worse than you (160/320=50%).

Do you see the problem? If you're not already very close to silver, you might need dozens of accounts to move the needle. This is just a simple example, but the reality is if you're already close to silver then just try to get better, and if you're not then you would need a prohibitive number of accounts to accomplish anything.

Edited by RNumbers

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

Do you see the problem?

Yeah and that's partially why I'm making the post. I alone can do a few accounts, definitely enough to boost me to silver but if anyone else wants to join in then each account the other person would make would be beneficial to me the same way every account I'd make would be beneficial for them.

3 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

just try to get better

I've been trying for months. It's not as easy as just wishing to get better, not all of us are that good. I've always been on the lower end of the ELO in any game I've played. Unfortunately this game isn't one where you can get points through improving your numbers, you have to become better than other players, who too keep getting better at the game.

3 minutes ago, xXCostDeathXx said:

Yeah and that's partially why I'm making the post. I alone can do a few accounts, definitely enough to boost me to silver but if anyone else wants to join in then each account the other person would make would be beneficial to me the same way every account I'd make would be beneficial for them.

Make a Boosting Session if you intend to go that route. We have a rule against new boosting threads in the forums. 

Just now, xXCostDeathXx said:

I've been trying for months. It's not as easy as just wishing to get better, not all of us are that good. I've always been on the lower end of the ELO in any game I've played. Unfortunately this game isn't one where you can get points through improving your numbers, you have to become better than other players, who too keep getting better at the game.

Believe me, I understand the frustration firsthand and I'm not trying to just tell you to "git gud." Unfortunately the game does not lend itself to this kind of manipulation as you need to have significant progress in the game to even access 3 of the 4 challenges. I genuinely wish you luck, this trophy sucks hard.

10 minutes ago, xXCostDeathXx said:

Gotcha, my bad. I'll do that. Sorry ><

Yeah, we don't mind boosting discussions, like what's possible and what you'd need to do, and things of that sort, but actual boosting requests and organising must be done using the sessions. You'll notice I edited the title slightly and removed the request from your original post to keep it in line with what we allow here in the forum section.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had made a similar post in roughly July 2021 about setting up 100's of accounts. Then I figured that would be nearly impossible for a game this old. I even thought about buying 10 or so new vitas and establishing new PS ID's. Then I really practiced everyday on the challenges until I got at least a silver. The only event I would settle for a bronze was the infinite tower and even some I got silver on. 

Dojo events are not bad to get a silver on and make sure you're using Globox with the big hand as it makes a huge difference. Watch a ton of videos of pro players for tips and tricks they use. This is especially important in speed trials for all challenges. 

Murphy distance you should be getting a Gold every time. Most people do not go over 1800m much when I played. Learn how to get past the pillar sections at around 1500m in daily & 900m in extreme. Just doing that once is almost going to get you a gold. 

Unfortunately that's the only way I see you getting to Awe some! trophy quickly. Unless they announce a server closure or a Murphy glitch you won't see the user base inch up past 200. 

Good Luck!

On 7/6/2022 at 0:46 AM, xXCostDeathXx said:

Hello everyone, I've been trying to get the Aweso me! trophy for a while but haven't been able to do much progress.
Reading what people say in this forum, people seem to average gold rankings in the challenges, or at a bare minimum get silver consistently. However, I am struggling to do that much as I simply am not skilled enough.
As I've averaged bronzes sometimes struggling to even get them I started wondering if there was a way to "cheat" the game like you can with other multiplayer titles.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to boost this trophy by creating a lot of dummy accounts that would have bad scores purposefully - hence boosting everyone else up.
Of course the vita doesn't allow for multiple accounts however I believe the PS TV does.
Would this be possible?

I'll be grateful for any discussion on the topic ^-^

This cannot be cheated , unless you got an absord amount of VITAs - which would cost you tens of thousands of dollars at this point and hours of your day for several months- or otherwise receive a guarantee from all players ,including pros/lifers  that they will let YOU get 1st place/diamond cup for a couple of weeks. 

Since there is about a month and a half until PS3's Legends server closure one of the only possible ways to get "Awso Me!" would be to hire the services of a pro and have them connect via remote play to the PS3. I know that PSPs and VITAs have PS3 remote-play functionally to some degree. Yet, if these do not work then you will have to create/find a device that let's other players tap into a Playstation 3- compatible controller from afar ("afar" as in across the world). 

There probably is a way for a pro to earn the trophies for you directly in ways some players would consider ... unnatural. It is not a method a ToS-abiding gamer would tell you, though. 

It is also worth considering that Dojo stages (where players need to hit a as many lums in  under a minute) are probably the place up-and-coming groups of players might achieve Diamond cups. From what I've seen online: the best setup is a 3 player local-coop with everybody playing as Globox. 

Player would need to achieve 45 diamond cups in order to get the silghtly less than ~1900 points required to complete the trophy. Due to how long the PS3 servers have untill closure however it is unlikely said method would net players enough points, since there's no guarantee what challenges would come up in the rotation. Thus, the local coop Dojo challanges should probably be considered as more of a "points supplement" rather then a substitute. 

You could fly your console to a pro.

You could also fly pros from all over to you for a couple of weeks, but would you?

• 6 months later...

I checked that I played those challenges for one year already and only on level 4/11 right now. Earned only bronze(most of the time 20-30 people playing daily this game) and two times got diamond from glitched challenge. / If you earn only bronzes this trophy will take 3-4 years of daily gaming it seems.Terrible 

On 1/18/2023 at 7:36 PM, pavelbagirov said:

I checked that I played those challenges for one year already and only on level 4/11 right now. Earned only bronze(most of the time 20-30 people playing daily this game) and two times got diamond from glitched challenge. / If you earn only bronzes this trophy will take 3-4 years of daily gaming it seems.Terrible 

The trophies you earn in the single player increase your awesome level too, that's how you're able to unlock the other stuff so quickly. They don't expect you to unlock it all via online challenges. But the grind is ridiculous, there are a lot more on PS4 so I've been able to get some silvers there at least, but for the time investment needed to get good enough to get gold or platinum I just don't see it as that feasible. It seems like the only people playing it on Vita in particular are masters at everything about it. PS4 benefits from PS+ giving it out, idk if Vita ever was that but it's obviously never going to happen now since they aren't included in PS+.

And as an aside, this game doesn't require PS+ for the challenges. I have my EU account on PS4 so I can do the 'beat a friend's score' trophies on that list. And I don't have Plus on that. It's just online itself that requires it. I know that's not relevant to the Vita version, but since it came up.

On 18/01/2023 at 10:36 PM, pavelbagirov said:

Single player gets you to level 10, then you need another 1800+ pts from the challenges to get to 11

On 05/07/2022 at 6:46 PM, xXCostDeathXx said:

Would this be possible?

It does not, you would need to use the method for getting other region stacks to change accounts or format it everytime

Edited by fenris-lima

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Spookyentertainm said:

I looked at guide says could take 2 yrs to plat because of online how are some people plat game in 3 months?

It doesn’t take 2 years to plat, but you’ll have to play every online challenges every day for around 3 to 4 months in order to achieve Awesomeness level 11. Unfortunately there’s no way to boost this, and the number of points you’ll get each day will greatly depends on your skills.

• Like 2