Reasons for delisted games?

HamiTosh

Why do get games get delisted from PS Store?

Is it because of lacking sales in connection with "storage" and "marketing" fees?

For example Jump Force its like 3 years old and already delisted from the store

Edited by HamiTosh

Can be many reason, like the Jump Force you mentioned here, I think Jump Force was delisted due to some characters' licensing were expired.

And all the Teltale Games were delisted when studio closed (I think some of them already return to store). 

Server closure can be another reason. (R.I.P. PlayStation Home)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HamiTosh said:

Why do get games get delisted from PS Store?

Is it because of lacking sales in connection with "storage" and "marketing" fees?

For example Jump Force its like 3 years old and already delisted from the store

All stores are collections of Intellectual Properties. Most are usually someone else’s and all have contracts that stipulate the conditions they can be sold under.

When the IP holder (not the store owner, generally) decides they don’t want their IP in the store, it’s delisted. 

• Like 1

Hmm, I see, well just another reason for me to grab such games in physical form, as once in my hand no one can take it.

I see the licensing problem also wenn games get "remastered" that old radio songs are cut out (GTA Trilogy)

1 hour ago, HamiTosh said:

Hmm, I see, well just another reason for me to grab such games in physical form, as once in my hand no one can take it.

I see the licensing problem also wenn games get "remastered" that old radio songs are cut out (GTA Trilogy)

Well, if you bought it before it got delisted you’d be able to redownload it again. Also, in your example, even if you have the game on disc, an update could still remove the songs. So it’s not so black & white unfortunately. 

The best thing you can do is just cherish the memories playing the game. Those are forever yours. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

Also, in your example, even if you have the game on disc, an update could still remove the songs. So it’s not so black & white unfortunately.

Thankfully in the case of a disc, updates can be refused or uninstalled so the songs are never actually “removed”.