Adventurer trophy unattainable?

XpAcErX

I see someone as recent as June 2022 got the trophy but I'm having a problem with it saying "Problem with Far Cry 2 server" but I'm still able to play the ranked matches online. Does anyone know the trick to how you get the Adventurer trophy? If anyone knows how please PM me or message me on PlayStation. Thanks.

UPDATE JULY 2022:

Ubisoft sort of fixed the map server and its showing maps again. Its still glitchy and I wasnt able to download the maps I saw but despite not being able to download from the server there a lot of people hosting maps from player matches and you can download from them. I am hearing some people are able to get it via their own un published mapper map as well. here are the steps I took:

1. Quick join a match in Player Matches
  2. Download the map and finish the match, rate map then hit X to save the map on the next screen. (you may get kicked sometimes but keep trying)
  3. Create your own custom player match change the map to your downloaded map(mapper map may work here too, I didnt try it though) all default settings for the rest
  4. Force start match
  5. Once match starts hit Start > Cancel Match > Triangle to rate > Cross submit
  6. Repeat from step 4 untill trophy pops.
Edited by XpAcErX

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

To get these 2 trophies, you have to play with someone who downloaded at least 1 map before the Community Map servers broke, then download the map from them and replay and rate it over and over until the trophies pop.

A lot of people say otherwise. Several accounts I read of people using the mapper trophy map they made and sharing it via custom match. they used their same map the same 25 times and got the trophy. Some say it took 60 tries. The steps I found dont have enough details like match settings they used etc. I'm just trying to find out the exact trick people are using to do it that way. I'm on attempt 70 now and no trophy. My friend also has 4 maps from the old servers and we tried those several times as well.

Edited by XpAcErX

2 minutes ago, XpAcErX said:

A lot of people say otherwise. Several accounts I read of people using the mapper trophy map they made and sharing it via custom match. they used their same map the same 25 times and got the trophy. Some say it took 60 tries. The steps I found dont have enough details like match settings they used etc. I'm just trying to find out the exact trick people are using to do it that way. I'm on attempt 70 now and no trophy.

According to the Guide on this site, the Adventurer trophy is now very buggy and may take many attempts to get it to pop so unfortunately it sounds like you just have to keep trying and pray it eventually pops :(https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/10-far-cry-2/49-adventurer

28 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

According to the Guide on this site, the Adventurer trophy is now very buggy and may take many attempts to get it to pop so unfortunately it sounds like you just have to keep trying and pray it eventually pops :(https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/10-far-cry-2/49-adventurer

unfortunately the guide looks like it wasn't updated since 2019, the info they give on the Adventurer trophy is accurate but there is new info about  esier ways people got it by sharing their own custom maps through matches.

3 hours ago, XpAcErX said:

unfortunately the guide looks like it wasn't updated since 2019, the info they give on the Adventurer trophy is accurate but there is new info about  esier ways people got it by sharing their own custom maps through matches.

Really now? Did you even look at the date? ? 2019 was the publication date, 2022 was the last time it was updated. SMH

“As a result, this is unobtainable without the help of someone else—one who has downloaded at least one map. For those of you familiar with Skate 3, then it’s like the custom logo or the crew you have to be a part of online. For those unfamiliar with the analogy, you have to have someone on your friend’s list who is still a part of this or has the save in this case to invite you and boost it with you. Unfortunately, given how much of an eyesore or an inconvenience downloading 20+ maps was back then, it would come to no surprise that those people would have probably deleted them by now. And if they were to keep it, given how bad the servers are, the trophy may still not pop.

The same procedure still applies, except you must manually vote on ending the match rather than just leaving. Given the state of the servers and how neglectful Ubisoft is, don’t expect this to be fixed anytime soon.”

It seems I failed to mention that.

4 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Really now? Did you even look at the date? 1f602.png 2019 was the publication date, 2022 was the last time it was updated. SMH

“As a result, this is unobtainable without the help of someone else—one who has downloaded at least one map. For those of you familiar with Skate 3, then it’s like the custom logo or the crew you have to be a part of online. For those unfamiliar with the analogy, you have to have someone on your friend’s list who is still a part of this or has the save in this case to invite you and boost it with you. Unfortunately, given how much of an eyesore or an inconvenience downloading 20+ maps was back then, it would come to no surprise that those people would have probably deleted them by now. And if they were to keep it, given how bad the servers are, the trophy may still not pop.

The same procedure still applies, except you must manually vote on ending the match rather than just leaving. Given the state of the servers and how neglectful Ubisoft is, don’t expect this to be fixed anytime soon.”

It seems I failed to mention that.

You don't have to get offended I didn't say what you posed was wrong but there is an easier method now which doesn't rely on someone having the old maps. From what I'm reading this new method has been working for people for the last year or so and thats why I thought you hadnt updated the guide.

Edited by XpAcErX

Just now, XpAcErX said:

You don't have to get offended I didn't say what you posed was wrong but there is an easier method now which doesn't rely on someone having the old maps.

I take offense when you said I didn’t update it since 2019, when I just updated it a few days ago and have been on/off for a while. Rather than post on the forums, you should’ve posted this “new method” on the guide’s comments, so that it can be added.

The trophy has been mentioned to be buggy since 2020 and it can take more than the necessary “25” for it to pop. So what popped as early as 60 for one person doesn’t mean it will be the same for you. Yours can pop at 100 or even 1000. You will only find out once it finally pops.

1 minute ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I take offense when you said I didn’t update it since 2019, when I just updated it a few days ago and have been on/off for a while. Rather than post on the forums, you should’ve posted this “new method” on the guide’s comments, so that it can be added.

The trophy has been mentioned to be buggy since 2020 and it can take more than the necessary “25” for it to pop. So what popped as early as 60 for one person doesn’t mean it will be the same for you. Yours can pop at 100 or even 1000. You will only find out once it finally pops.

All I have found is a basic steps and and several people claiming it works but I haven't got it to work yet. I was going to post once I had more accurate steps which is what I was trying to do here.

Are you staying in the same lobby for all 25 votes? I got the trophy in December 2020 and it took exactly 25 votes.

Quoting myself from another thread, linked above:

On 20.6.2021 at 3:56 PM, woggly4 said:

Not sure if it makes any difference but I created an uprising map with an alt and placed the points as close to each other as possible, following in-game rules, and placed the spawn points in the middle of all three points so the enemy captain would capture them right after the match started. Then I let my alt host a lobby once and actually finish the matches, i.e. not creating new lobbies and not cancelling the match. The trophy popped after the 25th vote.

To clarify, as far as I remember, I downloaded the map after the first match, not via the community area (which was already not working) but in the end screen of the match. However, I did all matches in my alt's lobby and never actually hosted the map myself.

Edited by woggly4

12 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

For me it’s infinite loading with ‘retrieving data’ or error with Far Cry 2 servers

You can't rely on the far cry 2 servers anymore there is a method that appears to work to sharing maps between accounts on the same ps3 via save utility and also sharing through a dedicated server match. So far I haven't been able to make either method work but others have.

Edited by XpAcErX

I wasted few hours already. I have downloaded maps around 30 on my saves/ps3,downloaded between 2010-19 but I am already rated around 100 maps and no trophy. Tried with cancel match and vote still nothing. Maybe need to do everything at one sitting or maybe need to finish match

11 hours ago, Zephyr-pt said:

You matched with me earlier haha, how many maps you got? I'm running with 3 atm so i don't mind joining you

Tried a lot,still no trophy so I closed game. Just wasted time. Need to find what exactly make this trophy pop. Possible it need map servers to be work for stats,don’t know.

1 minute ago, HandsUp1992 said:

The trophy is glitched, for some people it can take 100+ ratings to get the trophy, it took me a whole lot more than 25 times before the servers went down. Some advice I remember is to never give the map the same rating twice in a row.

I know no people who really got the trophy after server up. Those who I messaged say sucpitious things like "I did it for days" and "give me an account and you get the trophy, it is the only way". I have already rated more than 400 times. Tried different maps. Okay I will try to give different rates for every map. But if there are people who really got this legit, please describe the way you did it 

Adventurer trophy seems to be unobtainable (people who got it possibly hack it). Tried everything and nothing works so let's do our best and make some noise. Please like and comment this post ( https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/163832/adventurer-trophy-unobtainable-on-ps3-in-far-cry-2/1?lang=en-US ) that you face the same issue and need help. Really appreciate your help!

Edited by Anton_games337

Anecdotal but once asked how long they were rating maps for, one of the recent achievers said they don't remember because "it was late at night", although their trophy timestamp was 2:45PM - 5:45PM (depending wherever they live in the US). Bringing attention to this for the sanity of those of you who are planning to or have been rating maps for countless hours hoping the trophy will eventually pop, whether or not it raises even the slight suspicion that your efforts may be in vain. 

• Like 1

Be careful with such assumptions. A lot of people here who have an US account aren't necessarily located in the US. Simply because where they live isn't covered by PSN or wasn't back in the day or they wanted to benefit from a bigger store, to only name two valid options why you have an US account without actually being there.

• Like 1