Adventurer trophy unattainable?

XpAcErX

I understand there's a myriad of explanations to justify it, but I think it's worth mentioning for people who are spending countless hours rating maps over and over. Whether or not they find it suspicious or not, it's obviously not concrete enough for a mod to consider, but for someone who is potentially wasting hours of their time, I think it's worth hearing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anton_games337 said:

I know no people who really got the trophy after server up. Those who I messaged say sucpitious things like "I did it for days" and "give me an account and you get the trophy, it is the only way". I have already rated more than 400 times. Tried different maps. Okay I will try to give different rates for every map. But if there are people who really got this legit, please describe the way you did it 

It shouldn't take 400 attempts, that's insane, I've never heard of it taking that long. If you go on Far Cry 2 forums here there is a lot of advice if you're still having trouble. You have to make sure the map you're using meets the criteria, all of the information can be found on the site on how to do this. I also remember that you should wait 10 seconds to quit and then this is IMPORTANT, you 'VOTE to quit the game'. You cannot just quit the game normally or the rating will not count, you have to vote. I made the mistake of quitting at first, then I realised you have to vote to quit. I shot a few rounds before at the beginning and repeated that. There is no confirmation the trophy no longer works. Every other trophy works, this one has always been notoriously buggy. There is still some hope because people are getting the trophy, hopefully they aren't hackers.

4 minutes ago, HandsUp1992 said:

It shouldn't take 400 attempts, that's insane, I've never heard of it taking that long. If you go on Far Cry 2 forums here there is a lot of advice if you're still having trouble. You have to make sure the map you're using meets the criteria, all of the information can be found on the site on how to do this. I also remember that you should wait 10 seconds to quit and then this is IMPORTANT, you 'VOTE to quit the game'. You cannot just quit the game normally or the rating will not count, you have to vote. I made the mistake of quitting at first, then I realised you have to vote to quit. I shot a few rounds before at the beginning and repeated that. There is no confirmation the trophy no longer works. Every other trophy works, this one has always been notoriously buggy. There is still some hope because people are getting the trophy, hopefully they aren't hackers.

I tried with vote and quit options on different maps. Total wasted around 10 hours,no trophy still. So it’s very possible that trophy unachievable at the moment because map servers is still broken(maybe because of this server not track your map votes and trophy not unlocking)

40 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

I tried with vote and quit options on different maps. Total wasted around 10 hours,no trophy still. So it’s very possible that trophy unachievable at the moment because map servers is still broken(maybe because of this server not track your map votes and trophy not unlocking)

Sorry about that. I had a look at the people who gained the trophy since the servers came back. I recognise two of the gamers from a boosting group I'm a part of. I believe they're regular gamers and not hackers. You could try contacting them just to be sure. I don't think I can put their names here.

Edited by HandsUp1992

Just got it.

So, I wasn't able to download a map. It kept telling me "Save Failed."

I hear you can rate your own map and it counts but that sounds like a gamble. What I did was created another account (TrophyDingus, add me) and made a map that filled the Mapper parameters. Then I uploaded it. Then, I went to Save Data Utility in the home screen (above where it shows you your games) and uploaded the Save Data for that map to my main account. This is the only way I was able to play on a map created by somebody else, and rate it.

Then, on my main, I created a custom match by myself with only that map in rotation (put it on there a few times, it'll keep replaying it over and over). Once you get in the game, pop off a shot or two and vote to cancel the match. after a few seconds, it'll end and allow you to vote. I did this about 5 times, and I did it with simply "cancel match" in the menu like 40 times. I tried for a little over an hour, gave up, and moved onto RDR, but realized at 2am that Adventurer popped hours ago. Somewhere in there, it worked. Maybe on the 25th time, even.

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
clarity

So I tried the normal way of trying to download a map but was met with saver failed I tried all sorts of different maps none of them worked.

So then I tried the solution above my post and after rating the map 25 times I was met with "YOU DID NOT EARN A TROPHY" Now this got me thinking well technically it would be your ALTS save data, so this won't work and hence why I got you did not earn a trophy popping up.

Now I'm thinking well how the hell did people get the trophy then because this screams fishy, and then I had a little thought to myself well the server has got the message about not earning a trophy, so now I'm going to delete all my saves and start a fresh and make myself another new map on my actual account get it validated then load it up in a player match and rate my own map and boom it popped the trophies after the first rating, so I believe this is the solution if you cannot get it working then please try this.

I was getting a little frustrated with this trophy myself.

Last time I was playing, quite a while ago, I swear I did 25 ratings. This was using a map I made with an alt, alt made and game and I joined with my main and saved the map after the match.

Started this up again this morning, using the same map, wasnt counting. I started off just using the aforementioned map, then after reading the forum I map a quick, crappy, map for my mapper (last time I played Mapper didnt pop) I started again this time alternating this new map and the old map. Also read on here about not giving the same rating twice in a row, so was randomly choosing the rating. Still nothing.

I then went and deleted the Game Data (not the saved data) loaded up again using just my old map, and after a couple of games it finally popped.

I think its save to say this trophy is finicky at best.

Also couldnt download any maps from the community, got the 'Cant Save' error

I couldn't download/save any user maps at all for some reason. Luckily the Old method I saw on the site still works.

1. Create a map with your alt account and get it validated;

2. Save the map;

3. Exit game;

4. Copy the map save file and save to your main account;

5. Then just load the map and play custom match, vote to quit match and rate (I did mix up the vote values);

6. Repeat 25 times.

Popped right on 25 for me.

Edited by Shady_Wombat
  • Like 4

On 2022. 7. 19. at 8:52 PM, Shady_Wombat said:

I couldn't download/save any user maps at all for some reason. Luckily the Old method I saw on the site still works.

2. Save the map;

3. Exit game;

5. Then just load the map and play custom match, vote to quit match and rate (I did mix up the vote values);

6. Repeat 25 times.

Congratulations.
But I'm trying this way more than 200 times. This trophy hasn't popupded yet.
I deleted the save file, tried installing it anew, and tried various ideas, but I still didn't get it.
There's no exact way.
I'm getting tired. . . .?‍??‍??‍?

On 2022. 7. 21. at 2:05 AM, Kazya-_- said:

Congratulations.
But I'm trying this way more than 200 times. This trophy hasn't popupded yet.
I deleted the save file, tried installing it anew, and tried various ideas, but I still didn't get it.
There's no exact way.
I'm getting tired. . . .1f635.png1f4ab.png1f635.png1f4ab.png1f635.png1f4ab.png

I finally did this!
I think I've tried about 230 times.
I persevered and challenged until the end, but it finally paid off.
The server is unstable and the number of votes does not seem to be reflected properly, but I have seen that this is still normally obtainable anyway.
Good luck to anyone who sees this!

???

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it! It took ages, hundreds of times.
I can’t be sure because it’s definitely a glitchy trophy but It popped 12 times after making a new map on my alt account and being sure to publish the map before I downloaded it onto my main account.

I’m not sure if I remembered to publish the first map I used before I downloaded it, so I’m afraid that could have been part of the reason it took so long.

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt even know this was a discussion on the fc2 guide.

Imo this, using your own map thingy has proven to work for me, some friends and some forum users here. The amount may be glitchy, but I vouch for the method. So some kind of tutorial in the guide seems to be more then appropiate to me..

Though I just did it the way of:

1. Create an custom map with your alt.

2. Join said alt in player match (let alt select the map).

3. Download the map after the match and vote on it.

• Like 1

On 2022-07-19 at 7:52 AM, Shady_Wombat said:

2. Save the map;

3. Exit game;

6. Repeat 25 times.

This worked flawlessly for me and right at 25 as well

I was able to get this yesterday (27/08/2022) in a single try on a brand new save file (I lost my old save from years ago)

I created my own verified map, uploaded it, then played and rated it 25 times online (Not ranked)

I waited 10 seconds for each match before voting to quit, I even had a random join but it didn't make any difference

I also rated it differently each time, for example, 5 stars / 4 stars / 3 stars / 2 Stars / 1 Star / 5 Stars, and so on (Not that I think it made any difference, just what I did)

I did all 25 in one session and it unlocked right after the final vote

Hope this helps someone out there!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2022 at 2:43 PM, ExSoldier-Marci- said:

I was able to get this yesterday (27/08/2022) in a single try on a brand new save file (I lost my old save from years ago)

I created my own verified map, uploaded it, then played and rated it 25 times online (Not ranked)

I waited 10 seconds for each match before voting to quit, I even had a random join but it didn't make any difference

I also rated it differently each time, for example, 5 stars / 4 stars / 3 stars / 2 Stars / 1 Star / 5 Stars, and so on (Not that I think it made any difference, just what I did)

I did all 25 in one session and it unlocked right after the final vote

Hope this helps someone out there!

Follow this method, it does works perfectly!! Thank you btw! (16/09/2022).