Be careful with co-op and PS5 rest mode.

Goikko

I just want to share mi experiencie with the game and warn someone who plays this game in local coop.

I started playing with a friend and, after a few leves we put the console in rest mode. Hours later we started again but trophies and stats stop registering for the second account. I unlocked Squired Up but she didn't, I also unlocked Fun Multiplied but she didn't.

Later we played another teamwork level and she unlocked Fun Multiplied.

But two worlds later, in the secret zone of world 3, I think it was, we finished all of the first world level stickets and I unlocked Book of Dreams but she didn't. Later we also completed all stickers for worlds 2, 3 and 4 and she still doesn't have the trophy.

So if you play in local coop, make sure you close the game after playing and don't restart it from rest mode. A few trophies may unlock later for the second account but more time consuming ones don't.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Goikko said:

So if you play in local coop, make sure you close the game after playing and don't restart it from rest mode. A few trophies may unlock later for the second account but more time consuming ones don't.

I don't understand why you should use the rest mode anyway. This is a feature that could have been left out, it only causes problems and with the fast loading times of the PS 5 you are in the main menu of the game in a few seconds anyway. A feature that no real gamer needs.

That's unfortunate.

I'll add for others -  I think this must be exclusively an issue with local co-op - I played online co-op with my friend for this game and never had any issues with it, and I never turn my console off - I always use rest mode, (and I'm pretty sure he does the same.)

Well, the story has a happy ending. After we finished the game and I got the platinum we started a new game in her profile to get those missing trophies. When we arrived at the map after the prologue, every level started to unlock automatically and both missing trophies popped for her.

• Like 3

If you like playing coop games local with your friend you should try Nickelodeon all stars brawl! On ps5 if your friend platinumed the game it should auto pop the platinum for you as well as long as you hop into a local game together.

You talking about how you can’t put your PlayStation in rest mood or it stops tracking your stats gives me ptsd to when my PlayStation would have to get factory reset every time it would crash or I would turn it off. If anyone in here ever has issues with your ps5 black screening no matter how many times you reset it YouTube is your best friend I promise you. It’s happened to me at least 3-4 times because I was using a splitter to record game audio through my el gato. It’s very common.

Edited by ThrasherSkeets