For those who are playing, or completed the game...

V-Trigger

How was your experience with Trials?

Did you have a lot of difficulty, gave up, or just see that type of game was simply not made for you?  

I started a few hours ago and I'm having an overwhelming experience. 

I've had a lot difficulty in some games before, but with enough time and practice, i always got over these obstacles.

I'm not sure about this game ?

Edited by MegaMegu__
  • Like 1

"You will see that you will keep improving to the point that things that seemed impossible at first will become easy." 

I totally agree with that statement. Recognizing the improvement of your skill is the most fun part about it and something that differentiates it from other games. You will get your ass kicked but it's so enjoyable to get a track or challenge done that seemed inpossible at first glance.

Best of Luck!

For my personal example: I didn't expect that i would be ever able to get through Inferno IV. Now it wouldn't be a problem to do it again.

I play this game when i'm motivated for it and i took some looong breaks (wouldn't necessarily recommend that tho). I struggled quite a bit with the game and i'm still not at the 100%.

Now i'm "only" missing 2 RedLynx Times and the base game track challenges for the 100%.

After all, i have at least some faith that i can do it and so can you :)

• Like 1

As someone who has played Trials on and off for years the most important thing to remember is practice makes perfect..or something close, lol. I completed Fusion a few years back and it's still one of my proudest gaming moments. At the start extreme tracks weren't in my skill level, after a few hundred hours and yes i do mean some serious time will need to be sunk into this for you to understand how it all works I was 0 faulting the same tracks i went to 500 hundred faults with.. You'll amaze yourself how good one can get a this game. Keep at it and good luck. Use the UniversityofTrials channel on youtube.FatShady had tons of trials tutorials! 

• Like 2

I started this game at a time i didn't think to much about trophies. I never thought i could 100% this anyways so i just kept playing because I enjoyed it so much. Most of my time is spent at community tracks, which is a decent way to get better at the game. Little by little i started improving medals and times, and trying to complete some challenges. As i kept going back to this game over the years, and finishing Trials rising along the way i was confident i should be able to do it. Now closing in to 500h and I've completed the main game. Now I'm not particularly skilled at this game, just persistent enough to chip away tasks over time. I think persistence, is key if talent is lacking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Playing it for the first time and doing some track challenges I never in a million years thought I was able to 100% the base game let alone beat all those dev. times. But after a lot of practise and platting "Trials Rising" in between I managed to overcome the biggest hurdle at that time. Top Roach... Man that challenge is brutal. 

Also for me the speed cubing trophy is really tough. 

Tho, if you practise a lot you will get better at it.... Way better. 

I'm 100% - Ing it again on an alt account and loving it again and again. 

Good luck on your endavor ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, JTR_Asuka_ said:

Pipe Phobia is such a pain in the ass. Will most likely keep that challenge for last.

Keep at it for 100 hours (give or take, it's highly skill-dependent, could well take you half that time) and you'll realize the tropy requirements in this game are nothing but reasonable. In my opinion going for the hardest challenges off the bat is a bad idea as this game is all about muscle memory, which will develop naturally while playing the game.

@det_gittes would you say Pipe Phobia is the hardest challenge?

After a longt break I got back into Trials Fusion yesterday, got Pipe Phobia within 2 hours of trying. Started today with "Be one with the Bike".

Got that one within 1 hour and the last one I need for the 100% is now "Top Rocha".

But somehow it feels like I wont be able to get that anytime soon.

It feels much more difficult then the other two challenges... (best try after 1,5 hours / 51 fails)

Any tips? I already watched a dozen of videos on it . :D

Edited by tirol_terminator

46 minutes ago, tirol_terminator said:

After a longt break I got back into Trials Fusion yesterday, got Pipe Phobia within 2 hours of trying. Started today with "Be one with the Bike".

Got that one within 1 hour and the last one I need for the 100% is now "Top Rocha".

But somehow it feels like I wont be able to get that anytime soon.

It feels much more difficult then the other two challenges... (best try after 1,5 hours / 51 fails)

Any tips? I already watched a dozen of videos on it . :D

I have no concrete tips for you except "just" keep trying ;) you will get there eventually. I found this video very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ8LKzXVlg

If you can get Pipa Phobia within 2 hours then you should be familiar enough with the Roach to get Top Roach. Good luck!

57 minutes ago, tirol_terminator said:

Well, I would say Top Roach is harder than Pipe Phobia - in Pipe Phobia there are only three sections that need to be done correctly and re-trying is not too much of a deal (the relevant part of the track is short), in Top Roach there are quite a few CPs where it's easy to fault and re-trying is more disheartening (speaking for myself, of course), especially that the hardest part comes towards the end (the big jump and onto the box). But I also love backwheel only tracks, so I am heavily biased :D 

As for the number of faults you're on (51), tomorrow (or even today) it may be 10 or 5, the progress you're making in this game if you keep playing it is amazing. 

7 minutes ago, Der_Schwabbler said:

If you can get Pipa Phobia within 2 hours then you should be familiar enough with the Roach to get Top Roach. Good luck!

Unless he got Pipe Phobia with the Pit Viper ;) 

42 minutes ago, Der_Schwabbler said:

I have no concrete tips for you except "just" keep trying ;) you will get there eventually. I found this video very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ8LKzXVlg

Thank you very much for the video. I have not yet seen this one. :)

True that, but somehow in my opinion doing wheelies is a lot easier with the roach than doing precise jumps. But well, gonna get there eventually. :D

23 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Well, I would say Top Roach is harder than Pipe Phobia - in Pipe Phobia there are only three sections that need to be done correctly and re-trying is not too much of a deal (the relevant part of the track is short), in Top Roach there are quite a few CPs where it's easy to fault and re-trying is more disheartening (speaking for myself, of course), especially that the hardest part comes towards the end (the big jump and onto the box). But I also love backwheel only tracks, so I am heavily biased :D 

As for the number of faults you're on (51), tomorrow (or even today) it may be 10 or 5, the progress you're making in this game if you keep playing it is amazing. 

Unless he got Pipe Phobia with the Pit Viper ;) 

True, the game heavily depends on practice and muscle memory. For now the Roach just feels a little too heavy and not agile enough for the precise jumps (especially the one you name with the box at the end, and the one jump before the last checkpoint)

I'll just keep at it and take breaks so I dont get burned out by it. :D

ps. used the roach for Pipe Phobia.

• Like 1