Pioneers of Olive Town trophy thoughts

I've not played one of these games since trio of towns on 3DS, but looking at the list it definitely looks easier and shorter to platinum compared to mineral town. Especially without a trophy for playing 5 years, and no recipe or catch all fish trophies either. 

I'm not sure how long completing all the town projects or maxing all skill levels would take, but it looks like an easy platinum.

Very simple indeed. Seems like almost everything can be unlocked just by playing normally, which is great!

I'm used to linking the names Marvelous and XSEED with games that I wouldn't play in front of my mother but this one I'd even let her play if she wanted. She'll probably like the cute animals.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The only missable trophy would be „The Collector“ if you would need a full encyclopedia. You need 900 and if I counted correct there are 974 entries. 

Filling the museum and this will still take a very very long time. You need every treasure, every fish and almost everything else in the game.

Still a good game and I will go for platinum.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 2

On 31/7/2022 at 10:07 PM, xIRockyRock said:

The only missable trophy would be „The Collector“ if you would need a full encyclopedia. You need 900 and if I counted correct there are 974 entries. 

Filling the museum and this will still take a very very long time. You need every treasure, every fish and almost everything else in the game.

Still a good game and I will go for platinum.

Is some entry missable due to being event related or something like that?

45 minutes ago, gafpiratehook said:

Is some entry missable due to being event related or something like that?

I just read a lot of the games wiki and played a ton now… i am very very sure there is no trophy missable, but there is actually one of the many encyclopedia entries missable if you don’t marry Iori in you playthrough. 
But just for platinum you can actually miss some of these entries.

Filling the museum is a huge task, and filling 900 encyclopedia entries is even longer, but this can be easily done with a bit patience. The real challenges comes with completing all of Lovetts request, where you have to cook specific meals which can become pretty complicated later on.

UPDATE:

There are actually 3 missable entries. You get presents for marriage with Damon and Raina. You can marry one, divorce and marry the other one to get both items. But Iori is hard missable. When you marry him, you meet a new person (and get an entry) but if you divorce you lose the entry again (person leaves forever). So if you want to get absolutely everything above platinum, you should marry three times (Damon, Reina and Iori) with Iori as your last person.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

Between this and Friends of Mineral Town, which is the quicker/easier platinum?

For mineral town the guide says 100 hours which is fairly long. I only want to get one of these two games, preferably the shorter/easier

platinum of course. 

On 02/08/2022 at 6:54 PM, xIRockyRock said:

I just read a lot of the games wiki and played a ton now… i am very very sure there is no trophy missable, but there is actually one of the many encyclopedia entries missable if you don’t marry Iori in you playthrough. 
But just for platinum you can actually miss some of these entries.

Filling the museum is a huge task, and filling 900 encyclopedia entries is even longer, but this can be easily done with a bit patience. The real challenges comes with completing all of Lovetts request, where you have to cook specific meals which can become pretty complicated later on.

UPDATE:

There are actually 3 missable entries. You get presents for marriage with Damon and Raina. You can marry one, divorce and marry the other one to get both items. But Iori is hard missable. When you marry him, you meet a new person (and get an entry) but if you divorce you lose the entry again (person leaves forever). So if you want to get absolutely everything above platinum, you should marry three times (Damon, Reina and Iori) with Iori as your last person.

Wow I didn't know these games had divorce as a thing, I remember you usually were not able to do that. I feel like giving everyone a go now to see all the events! 

7 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

For mineral town the guide says 100 hours which is fairly long. I only want to get one of these two games, preferably the shorter/easier

platinum of course. 

Wow I didn't know these games had divorce as a thing, I remember you usually were not able to do that. I feel like giving everyone a go now to see all the events! 

In Friends of Mineral Town (FoMT) the platinum is imo easier, because the game doesn’t have as much „mechanics“ as PoOT. 
Otherwise in FoMT you have to reach the highest heart for every dateable character. That’s where the majority of time comes from.

In PoOT you have to max out a specific collection, almost max out the encyclopedia (which means you have to get almost every item in the game once (every plant, every treasure, everything) (900 items)) AND have to complete a very complex cooking challenge. 
If I compare my spent time with what still has to be done I think both titles will take 100-150 hours depending of your knowledge of the game. As a SoS veteran it’s maybe possible in 80 hours.

But I can’t say for sure, because I don’t have the platinum yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

In Friends of Mineral Town (FoMT) the platinum is imo easier, because the game doesn’t have as much „mechanics“ as PoOT. 
Otherwise in FoMT you have to reach the highest heart for every dateable character. That’s where the majority of time comes from.

In PoOT you have to max out a specific collection, almost max out the encyclopedia (which means you have to get almost every item in the game once (every plant, every treasure, everything) (900 items)) AND have to complete a very complex cooking challenge. 
If I compare my spent time with what still has to be done I think both titles will take 100-150 hours depending of your knowledge of the game. As a SoS veteran it’s maybe possible in 80 hours.

But I can’t say for sure, because I don’t have the platinum yet.

Awesome thanks for the info! 

I would have thought this game was easier than FoMT with just glancing at the trophy list, although I've not played either game and have not played an SoS game since Trio of Towns, the first SoS Game on DS and a few of the DS titles like tale of two towns and A new beginning. Not sure if I'd call myself a veteran though, as I played them all pretty casually and stopped playing once my character got married and had a kid. I think I'll wait to see if a trophy guide pops up with the difficulty rating and platinum duration, and them compare to decide what to buy. PoOT looks more interesting with being able to design your character, get divorced and also cameos of marriage candidates from previous titles, so am a bit more in favour of it compared to FoMT.  

10 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

platinum of course. 

Just adding my thoughts as well, but I also think FoMT is the quicker and easier platinum. Cooking all the dishes can be a bit of a pain, but it's still not too bad. In PoOT you have to basically get everything to complete the game. (All fish, all treasure, most items for the encyclopedia...) Not to mention the food challenges which require high level ingredients. I'm in Autumn of my first year right now, and it definitely feels a lot more grindy as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jelloycat said:

Just adding my thoughts as well, but I also think FoMT is the quicker and easier platinum. Cooking all the dishes can be a bit of a pain, but it's still not too bad. In PoOT you have to basically get everything to complete the game. (All fish, all treasure, most items for the encyclopedia...) Not to mention the food challenges which require high level ingredients. I'm in Autumn of my first year right now, and it definitely feels a lot more grindy as well. 

I am mid winter in my first year. I need 6 more treasures, 15 fishes and have 600/900 in my encyclopedia. And I am on my 3rd set of cooking challenges. 

But we all know how it is… you get a lot very fast, but once you reach specific missing objects, it will be a pain. Thankfully there is a complete well written wiki how to obtain everything.

Imagine you reach winter, and you just realized the last fish you need is only catchable in autumn… or you need onion and the seeds are only buyable in summer and you haven’t stored any… stuff like this will be annoying.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

I am mid winter in my first year. I need 6 more treasures, 15 fishes and have 600/900 in my encyclopedia. And I am on my 3rd set of cooking challenges. 

But we all know how it is… you get a lot very fast, but once you reach specific missing objects, it will be a pain. Thankfully there is a complete well written wiki how to obtain everything.

Imagine you reach winter, and you just realized the last fish you need is only catchable in autumn… or you need onion and the seeds are only buyable in summer and you haven’t stored any… stuff like this will be annoying.

Mind sharing what wiki did you use?

I use those Japanese wikis, but most of them have only basic information.

For my museum guide I use the one on neoseeker. Everything worked so far. Missing 6 treasures and 10 premium fishes now. Transfered the last missing items to excel for better overview.

https://www.neoseeker.com/story-of-seasons-pioneers-of-olive-town/guides/Museum

For the cooking guide I use thonky. Just completed my 3rd set of challenges so far.

https://www.thonky.com/story-of-seasons-pioneers-of-olive-town/lovetts-gourmet-requests

And because I am from German, I mix info’s from a German website in which is also pretty accurate. Just for translation most of the time. As far I can tell, neoseeker has pretty much the same infos as the German side.

https://www.harvestmoonforever.de/pioneers-of-olive-town/

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 2

I also used the neoseeker and thonky sites along with ranchstory

https://ranchstory.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Story_of_Seasons:_Pioneers_of_Olive_Town

The journey sprite was by far the most boring time sink, I finished all other trophies by autumn year 2, the sprite was lv7. It wasn't until summer year 7 that it finally got to level 10. Sleep 4 days, check it, repeat.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cohan87 said:

I also used the neoseeker and thonky sites along with ranchstory

https://ranchstory.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Story_of_Seasons:_Pioneers_of_Olive_Town

The journey sprite was by far the most boring time sink, I finished all other trophies by autumn year 2, the sprite was lv7. It wasn't until summer year 7 that it finally got to level 10. Sleep 4 days, check it, repeat.

I am really not in the mood changing my difficulty to easy. But it says you will build up realationships faster. Does this also work for the journey gnome? 
I am year 1 winter and just reached level 6 with him. If it takes really another 6 years, I’m dying.

I just got the treasure hunter title but the museum patron trophy didn't drop - was there anything else I had to do or is my game bugged? jokes i thought the trophy was just for treasure, it was for all exhibits lol ?

Edited by kingsparkles

26 minutes ago, kingsparkles said:

I just got the treasure hunter title but the museum patron trophy didn't drop - was there anything else I had to do or is my game bugged?

You also need to have turned in all 50 fish and all 21 photos of wild animals to the museum, double check those.  You can check which ones you're missing using the encyclopedia in your home.