Pioneers of Olive Town trophy thoughts

I just got my copy today, is there anything I should start doing to save a headache later and what to plan from the start? Like in terms of the makers, materials, the encyclopedia/museum etc? There seems to be so much to do and I don't know where to start. 

In previous HM games I didn't care as they were Nintendo so no trophies, I just played randomly and stopped playing after finishing the story and marriage. But this time I want to get the plat, anything to keep an eye on in particular to save a later grind?

On 9/28/2022 at 7:04 AM, Lava_Yuki said:

I just got my copy today, is there anything I should start doing to save a headache later and what to plan from the start? Like in terms of the makers, materials, the encyclopedia/museum etc? There seems to be so much to do and I don't know where to start. 

In previous HM games I didn't care as they were Nintendo so no trophies, I just played randomly and stopped playing after finishing the story and marriage. But this time I want to get the plat, anything to keep an eye on in particular to save a later grind?

If you can start breeding your animals ASAP so you can get your 10* milks, eggs, cheeses etc for ingredients for the cooking challenges would be the main thing.

There's gonna be a grind at the end regardless but talking to people as you pass through town anyway to bolster your Communication Skill level and constantly chopping unnecessary trees would be my recommendation as well. Animal Care, Logging, Cooking, and Communication will probably be the last few you max out. Harvesting Mushrooms and Fruit may seam long but you're likely to start those early for money so they'll go pretty quick.

Once you start getting Orichalcum it's tempting to go right into making bars for your final upgrades but hold off until you have a Giant Ingot Maker stretching those uber rare ores will disappear fast and are a pain to farm so waiting is definitely beneficial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeroKillerId said:

If you can start breeding your animals ASAP so you can get your 10* milks, eggs, cheeses etc for ingredients for the cooking challenges would be the main thing.

There's gonna be a grind at the end regardless but talking to people as you pass through town anyway to bolster your Communication Skill level and constantly chopping unnecessary trees would be my recommendation as well. Animal Care, Logging, Cooking, and Communication will probably be the last few you max out. Harvesting Mushrooms and Fruit may seam long but you're likely to start those early for money so they'll go pretty quick.

Once you start getting Orichalcum it's tempting to go right into making bars for your final upgrades but hold off until you have a Giant Ingot Maker stretching those uber rare ores will disappear fast and are a pain to farm so waiting is definitely beneficial.

Awesome thank you for the tips!

There's tons of makers in this game, how many of each maker do you recommend? Also which are the important ones? The lumbar, brick and ingot one seem like the main ones for all the upgrades and crafting, and also seed maker. Out of the others should i just make one of each or a couple of each, to complete all the cooking challenges etc.

For animals, when you breed them, do you get rid of the previous gen ones or do you keep them? I don't want to end up with hoards of animals so was thinking if it's best to get rid of the first and 2nd gen ones once I get to say third gen etc

Finally got my platinum trophy. By far the most annoying part was completing the museum collection. Stopped playing normally, to just sleep, run to that stupid Journey Sprite every 2 or 4 days and sleep again to repeat. Still took almost 4 in game years to get him from level 8 to 10. I usually don't mind collectables but that was just ridiculous.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:58 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

For animals, when you breed them, do you get rid of the previous gen ones or do you keep them? I don't want to end up with hoards of animals so was thinking if it's best to get rid of the first and 2nd gen ones once I get to say third gen etc

I usually kept my previous gen animals until the next gen ones grow up and start producing goods to work with. Of course the more animals you have, the faster you can work on levelling the animal care skill. Trophy wise you probably only need a silkie chicken or 2 (gen 6+ for 10* eggs) since their eggs sell for more and make more mayonnaise. For milk, a goat and buffalo, again gen 6+ since goat milk makes more butter, and buffalo milk makes more cheese compared to cow milk. Could have that backwards though. Fur animals probably not needed unless you want the later outfits, and need the offspring and fur+ entries in the encyclopedia.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to easily increase orcharding to get 10 star fruit? I need 10 star lemon, giant avocado and orange for lovettes quests but my orcharding is only at level 5. I'm on year 2 spring and unlocked the summer and autumn gardens so far. I've gotten crops to 10 stars but am at loss as to how to get 10 star fruit. 

I have not unlocked the makers for fruit seeds or jam... any advice on how to proceed?

19 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Is there a way to easily increase orcharding to get 10 star fruit? I need 10 star lemon, giant avocado and orange for lovettes quests but my orcharding is only at level 5. I'm on year 2 spring and unlocked the summer and autumn gardens so far. I've gotten crops to 10 stars but am at loss as to how to get 10 star fruit. 

I have not unlocked the makers for fruit seeds or jam... any advice on how to proceed?

My advice would be to plant as many trees as you can at the gardens. The more trees you have the better, especially since you'll be able to harvest them year round. Giant avocado will probably be the hardest to get since its RNG based. 10 star fruits will require multiple runs through a seedling maker, but once achieved the tree will remain 10 star.

On 24/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, Caldor2K2 said:

My advice would be to plant as many trees as you can at the gardens. The more trees you have the better, especially since you'll be able to harvest them year round. Giant avocado will probably be the hardest to get since its RNG based. 10 star fruits will require multiple runs through a seedling maker, but once achieved the tree will remain 10 star.

Cheers thanks! I got lucky and got some 10 star fruit seeds from the spirit shop, including peach, avocado, banana, oranges and other random ones like cocoa, apple and almond.  So I filled the three gardens with 10 star trees peach in summer, apple in autumn and avocados in spring and managed to max out all the skills and get most of the treasures.

Now the only trophy left is the museum, where I have the cow helm and one treasure from the ancient lake left. I'm 95 hours in and in year 2, start of winter and he's only level 7.... there's nothing else to do in this game but sleep for the treasures and leveling this thing up. 

Although I did not bother with all the oricalcum farming for both the hydroculture plant and the massive house, I just saved and reset after upgrading the house and then reloaded to repair the hydroculture plant, as the big house is fine and I'm not interested in all the decorating. 

This platinum will easily hit the 100 hour mark for me. I played on easy mode, and playing through each day until year 2 autumn had my gameplay time at 95 hours. Probably another few to max out journey spirit and get the remaining treasure. 

It was a fun game but very grindy with all the farming for materials, tons of makers etc. The glitch worked well for lovettes recipes, I got away with only using 8 star milk and eggs, as I didn't really bother with breeding animals and used the milks and eggs you get as a reward from him.

Edited by Lava_Yuki
update on game progress

• 7 months later...

i'm playing right now too and is not hard at all but too much grind in the end.

The encyclopedia is the brown notebook inside your house, depending of your upgrade it will be in the second floor.

The skills you will unlock with normal progress doing normal stuff and for me the two last was for repairing the rotten beehive and mushroom log, after you start using those itens you will unlock both skills.

I having trouble with treasures and sprite journey leveling up, don't forget this too.

• Like 1

On 13-6-2023 at 3:04 PM, demetriogaleano1 said:

i'm playing right now too and is not hard at all but too much grind in the end.

The encyclopedia is the brown notebook inside your house, depending of your upgrade it will be in the second floor.

The skills you will unlock with normal progress doing normal stuff and for me the two last was for repairing the rotten beehive and mushroom log, after you start using those itens you will unlock both skills.

I having trouble with treasures and sprite journey leveling up, don't forget this too.

Yeah after progressing I have now unlocked all the skills. and the last tip is very handy indeed. Is that necessary for the encyclopedia. I think you just need to use everything and unlock most of the items to get 900 pages. Like catch al the fishes, cook al the meals, plant every flower, type of honey etc etc. the treasures seem to be a big grind. Have unlocked 3 now. all from the object bags I get from either cleaning lakes and puddles or the mole things in the mines. So that's my best guess! hope it helps

There is way more than 900 entries in the  encyclopedia but yes like you said, plant, use, cook and etc and don't forget crafiting and talking to people too, if you playing with the dlc the new characters add entries too...is not much but it helps a little.

I got my platinum and is just a big grind in the end, if you don't want spoiler i will only tell one because it sucks....when you unlocked the sprite village you will need to go to the shrine and buy the blessing to get the journey sprite and after this you will need to raise his level to 10 because at level 10 he will give you 1 treasure randomly....the cow helmet and it's the only place you can get.

Just to you know when i realized this i was at year 3 and i only got him at level 10 at year 9.....

If you don't mind using guides you can check this one https://www.thonky.com/story-of-seasons-pioneers-of-olive-town/

On 21-6-2023 at 11:41 AM, demetriogaleano1 said:

There is way more than 900 entries in the  encyclopedia but yes like you said, plant, use, cook and etc and don't forget crafiting and talking to people too, if you playing with the dlc the new characters add entries too...is not much but it helps a little.

I got my platinum and is just a big grind in the end, if you don't want spoiler i will only tell one because it sucks....when you unlocked the sprite village you will need to go to the shrine and buy the blessing to get the journey sprite and after this you will need to raise his level to 10 because at level 10 he will give you 1 treasure randomly....the cow helmet and it's the only place you can get.

Just to you know when i realized this i was at year 3 and i only got him at level 10 at year 9.....

If you don't mind using guides you can check this one https://www.thonky.com/story-of-seasons-pioneers-of-olive-town/

Wow thank you so much for that tip, also were can I find the journey sprite? I can't seem to locate him in the sprite village, I might be missing him tho. But wow that seems like a grind. But you can only get treasures from fishing and purifying lakes right? For me the museum completion is going to be the biggest grind. The Lovett quests are quite easy. all the skills to level 10 is looking like a grind, especially orcharding. trees only seem to blossom in Spring. a bit in autumn but not enough I've noticed. But yeah using it as a chill down game and slowly working towards the platinum. At 52% of the trophies atm. But thanks a lot for this tip! 

6 hours ago, Gerritjr28 said:

Wow thank you so much for that tip, also were can I find the journey sprite? I can't seem to locate him in the sprite village, I might be missing him tho. But wow that seems like a grind. But you can only get treasures from fishing and purifying lakes right? For me the museum completion is going to be the biggest grind. The Lovett quests are quite easy. all the skills to level 10 is looking like a grind, especially orcharding. trees only seem to blossom in Spring. a bit in autumn but not enough I've noticed. But yeah using it as a chill down game and slowly working towards the platinum. At 52% of the trophies atm. But thanks a lot for this tip! 

he isn't available every day, he only appears at even days and the location in the sprite village is in the upper right part of the map near the one who takes care of animals (the cow pen).

You can get treasures in a lot of different ways, there treasures you can get only in a specific spot and only 2 you need to get in a exactly way

The cow helmet treasure is the only one exclusive from the journey sprite, in the thonky guide they don't mention where you can get the treasures but if you really wanna know you can look at here:https://ranchstory.miraheze.org/wiki/Olive_Museum_(Story_of_Seasons:_Pioneers_of_Olive_Town)

And there is other treasure you can only get using the fishing net.

This site list where you can find and was the one i used for this....the only treasure i think is wrong is the okenite, for me i got from a heavy object from the regular moles.

At the end game both trophies will be only boring because you will probably full of resources/vegetables, etc.

And the orcharding skill you can get easily in the end game too, i don't remember when it became available but in some point you can get blessings to unlock some areas with always will be 1 specific season....so you can plant a lot of trees and just skip days for them to bloom.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, demetriogaleano1 said:

he isn't available every day, he only appears at even days and the location in the sprite village is in the upper right part of the map near the one who takes care of animals (the cow pen).

You can get treasures in a lot of different ways, there treasures you can get only in a specific spot and only 2 you need to get in a exactly way

The cow helmet treasure is the only one exclusive from the journey sprite, in the thonky guide they don't mention where you can get the treasures but if you really wanna know you can look at here:https://ranchstory.miraheze.org/wiki/Olive_Museum_(Story_of_Seasons:_Pioneers_of_Olive_Town)

And there is other treasure you can only get using the fishing net.

This site list where you can find and was the one i used for this....the only treasure i think is wrong is the okenite, for me i got from a heavy object from the regular moles.

At the end game both trophies will be only boring because you will probably full of resources/vegetables, etc.

And the orcharding skill you can get easily in the end game too, i don't remember when it became available but in some point you can get blessings to unlock some areas with always will be 1 specific season....so you can plant a lot of trees and just skip days for them to bloom.

You are a legend. thanks a lot man! Ever thought of writing a trophy guide for this game? seems like you have a lot of knowledge that can help a lot of people out. but again thank you !

• 7 months later...

Sorry I am having trouble locating the okenite. I read that it can be found by draining pond 3 and whacking moles in 3rd mine. But I am having no luck at all. Getting hundreds of heavy objects. So far not a single okenite. Am I doing something wrong?? Thanks for any reply :) I only need the okenite and the cow helm for the platinum to pop