Hard Pass Trophy has been fixed!

Anxiety

Hard Pass Trophy has been confirmed by Super Massive Games that version 1.03 has fixed the Hard Pass trophy! 
092-F7-E82-00-A5-4-E97-A092-4-E4-AF048-C

Has mentioned by @Charizarzar in the guide said the trophy might still be bugged here is the Reddit post about it still being bugged, he is currently testing it out right now as mentioned in the guide so if you want to wait go ahead. 

there is a work around that will work I quote ''Start a game starting from Prologue. Collect at least 1 tarot card in each chapter. At the end of each chapter, select the "Nope" option. As soon as you select nope, pause and return to main menu. Reload your save and continue the game. The trophy will pop after chapter 5 using this method.''

People are confirming that when you start a new game the patch will take effect so start a new game and the trophy should pop. 

Edited by Anxiety
Picture, Glitch Warning, Workaround.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Has it been fixed or not? Since it's not clear yet maybe you should have waited with creating a topic saying it's fixed.

People are popping the trophy so I say it's been fixed., I know I should of waited. 

Edited by Anxiety
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

People are popping the trophy so I say it's been fixed., I know I should of waited. 

I really hope it finally is fixed and that no new bugs have been introduced in the new patch. I've been waiting to play this because of the hard pass bug, if someone on this forum can verify it's fixed i can finally start playing. I really want to plat The Quarry before Supermassive's next game, The Devil in Me is releasing this fall.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I really hope it finally is fixed and that no new bugs have been introduced in the new patch. I've been waiting to play this because of the hard pass bug, if someone on this forum can verify it's fixed i can finally start playing. I really want to plat The Quarry before Supermassive's next game, The Devil in Me is releasing this fall.

Actually I think a new bug was introduce in the patch but not trophy related.. After this new patch, every time I booted the game, or returned to the menu after playing, I would get the message about turning on instant rewind, which I've had on since my first playthrough. (it's the message you get after you beat the game for the first time.) I said yes and turned it on every time but it didn't matter, every boot or return to menu, it'd tell me all about instant rewind again. Then tonight I bought the DLC and installed it and now I don't get the instant rewind message anymore. :shrug:

But honestly if you're worried about Hard Pass not being fixed, then just do the workaround. it doesn't affect your playthrough in any way to do the workaround, just takes 30 seconds of your time each chapter.

FYI you're also not going to want to get hard pass on your first playthrough. Checking the cards is part of the experience.

Edited by emailking
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, emailking said:

Actually I think a new bug was introduce in the patch but not trophy related.. After this new patch, every time I booted the game, or returned to the menu after playing, I would get the message about turning on instant rewind, which I've had on since my first playthrough. (it's the message you get after you beat the game for the first time.) I said yes and turned it on every time but it didn't matter, every boot or return to menu, it'd tell me all about instant rewind again. Then tonight I bought the DLC and installed it and now I don't get the instant rewind message anymore. :shrug:

But honestly if you're worried about Hard Pass not being fixed, then just do the workaround. it doesn't affect your playthrough in any way to do the workaround, just takes 30 seconds of your time each chapter.

FYI you're also not going to want to get hard pass on your first playthrough. Checking the cards is part of the experience.

Thanks for that I’ll get it on my last play through because I want to enjoy the game, I’m a huge fan of Until Dawn so I’m super excited for this. 

• Like 2

Glad it’s been fixed. Honestly, playing during the bugged version and trying to figure out a workaround was the most fun I had in awhile. Coming together as a community and engaging in conversation throughout my journey on this plat was well worth the time and money. Now go get em! The ground work has been laid.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RoaringMdog18 said:

Doesn't sound 100% ''fixed'' to me if you still have to quit out of your run every time. Glad its easier to get now though. 

That's if it doesn't work, the workaround is there for your help :) I like your evil Deku profile picture!

Edited by Anxiety

So an interesting development from testing the trophy out - I’d been planning to collect all the tarots, including The Heirophant, while choosing “move on” at the end of each chapter and then restart from Chapter 9 once I was done just so I could follow the guide roadmap exactly. But Hard Pass popped at the end of Chapter 9 when the freakshow scene started. So basically picking that card up didn’t matter, and I didn’t get the trophy straight after making a “move on” choice.

I’ll update the guide in a bit but I’d be interested to know if it’s worked differently for anyone else.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Going for it tonight but will still use the 1 card + quit out on ps5. I’d rather get the trophy on ch5 instead of ch9.

Aint nobody got time for that chapter 7 nonsense1f602.png

Let us know how it goes! 

39 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

So an interesting development from testing the trophy out - I’d been planning to collect all the tarots, including The Heirophant, while choosing “move on” at the end of each chapter and then restart from Chapter 9 once I was done just so I could follow the guide roadmap exactly. But Hard Pass popped at the end of Chapter 9 when the freakshow scene started. So basically picking that card up didn’t matter, and I didn’t get the trophy straight after making a “move on” choice.

I’ll update the guide in a bit but I’d be interested to know if it’s worked differently for anyone else.

So it pops earlier then normal? That’s interesting and a weird workaround in the code. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Going for it tonight but will still use the 1 card + quit out on ps5. I’d rather get the trophy on ch5 instead of ch9.

Aint nobody got time for that chapter 7 nonsense1f602.png

I used chapter 7 as an excuse to watch Netflix. ? But yeah, please give an update if you get it, I’m sure people would prefer to get it as early as they can.

I'll keep you all posted. Currently going through chapter 1 and I'm already bored ?. Such a shame because I really like the story and the characters but it's been way to many playthroughs.

For people who got it am I doing it correctly?

(Ps5). I got move on and immediately quit the game. After reloading into the hag scene the old hag repeated her sentence "blabla you don't want my help blabla.." is that the correct way to make the game think its twice?

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'll keep you all posted. Currently going through chapter 1 and I'm already bored 1f602.png. Such a shame because I really like the story and the characters but it's been way to many playthroughs.

For people who got it am I doing it correctly?

(Ps5). I got move on and immediately quit the game. After reloading into the hag scene the old hag repeated her sentence "blabla you don't want my help blabla.." is that the correct way to make the game think its twice?

Yeah, that’s the way it worked for me. ?

• Like 1

Alright so, worked on my All Infected playthrough today and got that out of the way. All I have left is Hard Pass and Reuniting Laura and Max (and movie mode but that'll be the last thing I do). Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.

So I had my original Everyone Lives playthrough still on the cloud, which saw me collect all the tarot cards and choose Move On every time. So I'm going to attempt loading up Chapter 9 and replaying to get the Laura and Max trophy...but I'll also skip the Hierophant card and choose Move On at the end of the chapter in hopes Hard Pass pops. If that doesn't work, I'll try one more time by picking The Hierophant up and seeing if that works instead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Alright so, worked on my All Infected playthrough today and got that out of the way. All I have left is Hard Pass and Reuniting Laura and Max (and movie mode but that'll be the last thing I do). Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.

So I had my original Everyone Lives playthrough still on the cloud, which saw me collect all the tarot cards and choose Move On every time. So I'm going to attempt loading up Chapter 9 and replaying to get the Laura and Max trophy...but I'll also skip the Hierophant card and choose Move On at the end of the chapter in hopes Hard Pass pops. If that doesn't work, I'll try one more time by picking The Hierophant up and seeing if that works instead. 

Congratulations so it’s confirmed to be fixed?

1 hour ago, Anxiety said:

Congratulations so it’s confirmed to be fixed?

So far no. I skipped the Hierophant, chose Move On and it didn't pop. Played all the way through to the end just in case it decided to pop at Chapter 10 and it still didn't. 

So I've loaded up Chapter 9 again, this time I'll pick up Hierophant and see if I can get the same result as @Charizarzar where it pops when her flashback starts. If not, then I'm just going to use the workaround tomorrow. I can't do a whole new playthrough of this game again. Everyone talks about Chapter 7...but I'm sick of seeing Chapter 9 lol. 

EDIT: @Anxiety That's a negative for me. Got the Hierophant and it never popped. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

So far no. I skipped the Hierophant, chose Move On and it didn't pop. Played all the way through to the end just in case it decided to pop at Chapter 10 and it still didn't. 

So I've loaded up Chapter 9 again, this time I'll pick up Hierophant and see if I can get the same result as @Charizarzar where it pops when her flashback starts. If not, then I'm just going to use the workaround tomorrow. I can't do a whole new playthrough of this game again. Everyone talks about Chapter 7...but I'm sick of seeing Chapter 9 lol. 

EDIT: @Anxiety That's a negative for me. Got the Hierophant and it never popped. 

You’ll have to try the workaround. Sorry dude! It’s popping for some people and not for others.

I started a new game after downloading this patch (on PS5) - this trophy unlocked just fine, when it took me to the flashback 6-years ago. I'd collected every card up until that point and just chose to move on every time it asked. Maybe those having issues aren't starting a new game?

• Like 2