(NEWS) - No more major updates for RDR2

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/9k74k52737912k/grand-theft-auto-and-red-dead-online-community-update

"Over the past few years, we have been steadily moving more development resources towards the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series — understanding more than ever the need to exceed players’ expectations and for this next entry to be the best it can possibly be — and as a result, we are in the process of making some changes to how we support Red Dead Online."

Thank god man! :) 

I'm so happy they (Rockstar), are finally talking about GTA VI, like it's actually something they are gonna release any time soon. (might still be years, heard 2024 somewhere). Good to hear they have been working for some time, and ARE working hard on GTA VI :D 

• Like 3

Just now, Mori said:

I have a suspicion GTA 6 will be the last game released by R* while dropping everything else over time and just milking the online mode to oblivion. 

Too bad RDR2 online never received the treatment it deserved. 

Maybe, but i personally don't think you are right :) 

I think it's gonna be a loooong wait again, and it might be the last GTA game for 10-15 years, if online brings in the same (or more), as GTA Online now. 

But i think they will release RDR3, or some other new IP maybe. Bully 2? been talks of that forever. I would like to see a L.A. Noire inspired game from Rockstar, set in the 2000's. Playing as a New York cop. Maybe even in GTA universe, so we run into some of the characters like Niko Bellic and Luiz Lopez from BOGT. (that bank missions, and the diamond mission, that tied in the characters across GTA IV, BOGT and TLAD, was very nice. Could be something like that. N.Y Noir :D 

• Like 1

I hope to be wrong.

However, we never received singleplayer DLC in GTAV even though the community asked for it vehemently. They treated the trilogy remake not properly and apparently they just recently canned the rumoured RDR1 and GTAIV remake, again heavily demanded by the community.

Imo they just gonna stick with what makes the most money. Setting up GTA6 in a way they can provide lots of content to online mode in the future and earn billions. Not saying it will suck but for SP R* titles I dont see much of a future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Just work on GTA 6. I don't need more GTA V variations, remasters, etc. 

I would hope by the time GTA 6 releases, its PS5, XBX, PC Only. That THEY DON'T support last gen. Lets see what they can really do!

100% agree with you on this!

STOP everything else, until we get GTA VI, and DON'T be backwards compatible. We wanna see full potential.

2 minutes ago, Mori said:

I hope to be wrong.

However, we never received singleplayer DLC in GTAV even though the community asked for it vehemently. They treated the trilogy remake not properly and apparently they just recently canned the rumoured RDR1 and GTAIV remake, again heavily demanded by the community.

Imo they just gonna stick with what makes the most money. Setting up GTA6 in a way they can provide lots of content to online mode in the future and earn billions. Not saying it will suck but for SP R* titles I dont see much of a future.

I think you are right. SP might be the last one. At least GTA-wise. I think they will setup GTA VI Online, so that they just keep updating that, with DLC and updates, and we never see a new GTA game again. I wouldn't actually mind. If they expand it at a later point with more map size, missions, and all round things to do. Online is not a problem for me. And i don't care if they monitize it. Earn that cash on players who want it all for no work :D No problemooo. I just play and have fun, while i do the trophies.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

I'm still hopeful for a native PS5 SKU of RDR2.

A 60fps patch would be enough for me. Still have a lot of SP stuff to go through and a patch might give me the courage to go back and do everything when I eventually get a PS5.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Was canceled. Too hard game for Rockstar,they only can do bad remasters or online cash grabs now.

I hear this a lot, and i really don't think it's a fair point. 

Sure, they brought GTA V to ps4, but man, it was released on ps3, right on the console generational shift. So bringing it to ps4, was not a cash grab. And bringing GTA V to ps5, was maybe a little cash grabby (i myself bitched about it a lot, since i thought it was free or heavily discounted. I then found out that i actually was right when it was released for ps5, but i was late to the party, so that's my fault). But again, no one is forcing you to buy the game again. 

They released RDR2 in late 2018. One of the best and most well made games ever. Come on, give them credit where credit is due. The SP experience in RDR2 is fantastic and many hours of gameplay. It's a BIG game. 

Rockstar never brings out shit games. (The remasters of the trilogy was a studio they hired to do it. It turned out it was a bad call). 

And sure, GTA Online has microtransactions, but again, no one is forcing you to buy shark cards. I did it once, since i needed some stuff for doomsday heists, but i could have played for the money in stead, ingame. 

If you think Rockstar is heavy on microtransactions, and pushing them onto you, try 5mins of Gems of War :D they force that soooo hard, and it's expensive as hell...... 

37 minutes ago, leonhardyhardy said:

The news is so disappointing, they're just going to carry on milking GTA V until then.

If they put some of that milk money into the production of GTA VI, i couldn't care less. 

It costs money to make games like that, and them also making a ton of money on it, doesn't affect me. 

People choose to spend money. The game is fully playable without shark cards :) 

• Like 3

Just now, YTPerfectParadox said:

Is it wrong that i sincerely hope that GTA 6's online fails tremendously so they can't just milk the game for the next ten years?

I don't see how it benefits anyone? 

People who are spending the money on GTA Online, seem to like it. And Rockstar get money in, to put into new good games. And get a healthy profit. 

I struggle to see any victims :) 

• Like 2

Take a look at the mobile market. Games like Puzzles and Dragons, Candy Crush, Clash Royale, Clash Of Clans, those games make more money than GTA5 and are well over 10 years old now, well only Clash Royale is half that, but well you get my point.

Developers don't want too, or even need to make new games if the current ones are raking in the cash. Publishers are trying to force this onto gamers. Look at Fortnite and how well that is still doing, they want these games to last indefinitely.

I'm a bit cynical that we'll see GTA 6 within the next few years to be honest, because a lot of people play GTA 5 and releasing a new game kills off a lot of interest and most importantly revenue for the old one.

Why would a publisher use money that also harms when of their other games. GTA 5 will need to have a fairly medium or low userbase before they release a newer one probably. Or at the very least GTS 6 won't have online at release and not be introduced for a long while.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

I'm a bit cynical that we'll see GTA 6 within the next few years to be honest, because a lot of people play GTA 5 and releasing a new game kills off a lot of interest and most importantly revenue for the old one.

Why would a publisher use money that almost costs them long term. GTA 5 will need to be practically dead or old before they release a newer one probably.

If GTA VI comes out with the same WOW effect, that V did, i'll bet you they can beat even more money out of that cash cow (GTA Online 2). 

So it would make sense to bring people something new and exciting, so they spend even more money :) 

When people use this much money on a 9 year old game, imagine a whole new, better one, and what kind of money people will spend :o 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

A 60fps patch would be enough for me. Still have a lot of SP stuff to go through and a patch might give me the courage to go back and do everything when I eventually get a PS5.

I think Rockstar never patched GTA5 on PS4 to support PS4Pro, so I would expect that kind of support for the game

12 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

A friend of mine works in PlayStation Support (phone). She says that ever since GTA Online took off, her job stress became exponentially worse with angry parents phoning in about credit cards maxed out because of Shark Cards on a near-daily basis. Then it exacerbated with Fortnite's launch. Interesting stories some of them, screaming down the phone, legal threats and "bills to pay" blah.

I don't see how Rockstar is responsible for parents letting their kids, use their credit cards, and not keeping an eye on it? That's (as you also point out), a "problem" in many games, like FIFA ultimate team, Fortnite, CS:GO, and i could keep going :) 

It's a parents duty to keep their kids under watch. Kids should not have acces to moms credit card in the first place. It would be nice if parents took some responsibility, instead of just calling and blaming Sony/other companies, for their own negligence. 

If we imagine a world without microtransactions, it would just be online gambling like sportsbetting, slot machines, poker, etc, that kids abused moms credit card for. 

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

No surprise. They never could get the money they would from GTA Online, so they gave up on it. It could’ve been something more. 

Are you seriously mad, that they choose to actually FOCUS on GTA VI (a NEW game), and put the efforts into that, instead of 10+ year old games?

Don't you think we have enough remasters? 

I still need to finish both games on ps3, so i don't mind.

People have bitched and moaned that Rockstar doesn't release NEW games. Now they actually say "hey, no remasters for now, we wanna focus on GTA VI", and people complain still? :D you just can't please some people. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I don't see how Rockstar is responsible for parents letting their kids, use their credit cards, and not keeping an eye on it? That's (as you also point out), a "problem" in many games, like FIFA ultimate team, Fortnite, CS:GO, and i could keep going :) 

It's a parents duty to keep their kids under watch. Kids should not have acces to moms credit card in the first place. It would be nice if parents took some responsibility, instead of just calling and blaming Sony/other companies, for their own negligence. 

If we imagine a world without microtransactions, it would just be online gambling like sportsbetting, slot machines, poker, etc, that kids abused moms credit card for. 

When I was a kid back in 2003 I used my Mum's PayPal account to buy some steam games (We got the refund) but I still did it nonetheless and I still feel bad about it.

Your point about parents not letting there kids use there Credit Card/PayPal is stupid and should never be done, I'm not sure how it keeps happening plus kids are getting smarter on how to use a Credit Card to pay for online transactions.  

• Like 1