(NEWS) - No more major updates for RDR2

I mean it's not like they released anything interesting neither worthwhile for RD Online it was boring and it still is, I don't like how R* is dealing with their projects recently but tbh never was a fan of GTA the whole "Imma gon' be gangsta" was always cringe to me, when they release GTA IV it will be milked until the PS8 era.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

Then change “video games” to “predatory MTXs” and voila.

I actually do not need to, Furry Profile Picture. Anyone who can read what I wrote with comprehension of context knows I was not saying what you tried to assert. Voila.

Edited by Eraezr

17 minutes ago, YTPerfectParadox said:

Just out of curiosity, since they were using a 5 year dev cycle even before microtransactions, what makes you think microtransactions have anything to do with the current 5 year dev cycle? I've always been confused by this logic and since you "speak for most others" I'd love to be enlightened.

You keep saying they should focus all their resources, but they're one of the biggest companies going, with money to burn. They can successfully do 2 things at once, believe it or not lol.

• Like 1

it's a goddamn shame how they treated RDO over all these years. The very few role updates they gave us over those nearly 4 years where the only content worth mentioning. And even those got boring very fast. I've never seen a multiplayer whose potential was wasted that much. I really wanted to love it, but in the end you'd to bring up the fun for yourself. The singleplayer is a masterpiece, but the multiplayer is far away from even being interesting. Everybody of my friends agrees with me on that point. I'm so disappointed. Rockstar has changed so much... and not in a positive way. Whatever they'll bring up in the future with GTA VI or whatever, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I lost my trust in them.

1 minute ago, Solid-Fisch said:

it's a goddamn shame how they treated RDO over all these years. The very few role updates they gave us over those nearly 4 years where the only content worth mentioning. And even those got boring very fast. I've never seen a multiplayer whose potential was wasted that much. I really wanted to love it, but in the end you'd to bring up the fun for yourself. The singleplayer is a masterpiece, but the multiplayer is far away from even being interesting. Everybody of my friends agrees with me on that point. I'm so disappointed. Rockstar has changed so much... and not in a positive way. Whatever they'll bring up in the future with GTA VI or whatever, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I lost my trust in them.

That and the virtual photography community loves RDR2's online, despite the lack of support.

7 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I don't see how it benefits anyone? 

People who are spending the money on GTA Online, seem to like it. And Rockstar get money in, to put into new good games. And get a healthy profit. 

I struggle to see any victims :) 

The only victims I can see are the parents who are mercilessly harassed by their kids for bloody shark cards. I myself haven’t had this problem as I don’t let my daughter on GTA but I’ve had issues with Fortnite with her. As a parent you feel like you need to succumb to peer pressure as all of their friends have this or that.

Rockstar have milked the online on GTA5 and the amount of squealers on that game spending parents money is ridiculous. I never spent a penny but I had the best businesses, cars, weapons etc. But I had to grind incessantly and take advantage of every double/triple event for a couple of years. By the time I stopped I was level 500 or something and you’d see some level 50 kid with all the same stuff as me cause they bought it. Fair enough if they have enough disposable income. But some parents don’t. I’ve had my daughter beg and beg and beg for fortnite packs when money has been low - and we are comfortable. Feel bad on the parents who have it harder and get pressured into buying. Obviously making that purchase is a choice, but until you’ve had kids and understand how ruthless they can be til they get their own way and how exhausting that is, sometimes you just succumb to the pressure. Thankfully my daughter isn’t that bad and understands no means no (most of the time). 

You also don’t want your child being the only one who doesn’t have this or that. Bloody high school politics.

With kids they want everything NOW NOW NOW and Rockstar definitely make a pretty penny out of the younger ones who want all the best stuff in the game with all the constant updates they bring out. Unfortunately I’d say a good portion of their income come from bullied parents ?

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

Just out of curiosity, since they were using a 5 year dev cycle even before microtransactions, what makes you think microtransactions have anything to do with the current 5 year dev cycle? I've always been confused by this logic and since you "speak for most others" I'd love to be enlightened.

You keep saying they should focus all their resources, but they're one of the biggest companies going, with money to burn. They can successfully do 2 things at once, believe it or not lol.

I'm more curious why you keep mentioning a 5 year cycle in this thread like it's established fact when the only legitimate 5 year gap is the one between GTA 5 and Red Dead 2. If you wanted to narrow down your statement to just mainline GTA games then you could count the gap between GTA 4 and GTA 5 but then it still wouldn't be a 5 year cycle since its been 9 years and counting.

Microtransactions were introduced with GTA 5 in 2013. In the 14 years prior to that Rockstar Games released 48 titles. In the 9 years since they've released 2 (6 if you want to count 2 remasters + GTAO + RDR2O as the wiki has) if you don't believe me look at the Wiki.

So i truly have no idea what you're talking about with this "5 year cycle since before microtransactions existed" idea.

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

I actually do not need to, Furry Profile Picture. Anyone who can read what I wrote with comprehension of context knows I was not saying what you tried to assert. Voila.

Furry Profile... what?! Oookay… hahaha. I see you get defensive easily.

I have better things to do than waste my time in a toxic Twitter-style conversation, receiving meaningless passive-aggressive responses. If you choose to try to launch a personal attack on me because you can’t argue anything against what I’ve said, that’s your problem. What a big mouth.

I already can tell you that you have failed twice; both for trying to offend me and for not knowing how to elaborate a coherent answer.

Whatever... Sonic, a furry…?! The new movies have done more damage than I first imagined… lol

Sonic-the-Hedgehog.jpg

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, YTPerfectParadox said:

I'm more curious why you keep mentioning a 5 year cycle in this thread like it's established fact when the only legitimate 5 year gap is the one between GTA 5 and Red Dead 2. If you wanted to narrow down your statement to just mainline GTA games then you could count the gap between GTA 4 and GTA 5 but then it still wouldn't be a 5 year cycle since its been 9 years and counting.

Microtransactions were introduced with GTA 5 in 2013. In the 14 years prior to that Rockstar Games released 48 titles. In the 9 years since they've released 2 (6 if you want to count 2 remasters + GTAO + RDR2O as the wiki has) if you don't believe me look at the Wiki.

So i truly have no idea what you're talking about with this "5 year cycle since before microtransactions existed" idea.

Except GTA5 was a 4+ year dev cycle too. Between RDR1 and GTAV was about 4 years. They didn't make LA Noire, they just published it. What microtransactions were they milking during those years? Lol.

Hell, they said themselves that they were working on GTAV and RDR1 at the same time. Their games are quality and quality takes time.

Edited by KingGuy420

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

Except GTA5 was a 5 year dev cycle too. Between RDR1 and GTAV was just shy of 5 years. They didn't make LA Noire, they just published it.

RDR1 was May 2010 & GTA 5 was September 2013 that's only 3.5 years and also ignores the RDR1 expansion and Max Payne 3.

Actually, looking at things at a glance now if any argument for a cycle could be made it could be one of about 3 years for their main RDR/GTA titles as most the gaps fall into a range of about 2.5-3.5 years including the 3.5 years between RDR1-GTA5. So Rockstar obviously killed any cycle they might have had the minute microtransactions were introduced. Which just brings us back to my original point.

It's cool if you like the online dude. To each their own I'm not trying to attack GTAO or anything. I just acknowledge that as far as what i want from Rockstar, it would be beneficial to me if GTA6 Online failed so they couldn't afford to coast on it for a decade.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, YTPerfectParadox said:

RDR1 was May 2010 & GTA 5 was September 2013 that's only 3.5 years and also ignores the RDR1 expansion and Max Payne 3.

Actually, looking at things at a glance now if any argument for a cycle could be made it could be one of about 3 years for their main RDR/GTA titles as most the gaps fall into a range of about 2.5-3.5 years including the 3.5 years between RDR1-GTA5. So Rockstar obviously killed any cycle they might have had the minute microtransactions were introduced. Which just brings us back to my original point.

It's cool if you like the online dude. To each their own I'm not trying to attack GTAO or anything. I just acknowledge that as far as what i want from Rockstar, it would be beneficial to me if GTA6 Online failed so they couldn't afford to coast on it for a decade.

Yes 3.5 years between release dates. But they said themselves that they were working on GTAV during the end of RDR1's development. Bringing it closer to 4.5-5 years.

And yeah, it does ignore dlc and linear hallway shooters. Just like it ignores the 80+ dlc's they've done in the last 9 years. Like I said before, they're one of the biggest, richest, studios out there. They can afford to focus on two things at once lol.

They have a 5 year dev cycle for their major releases. The evidence is there. You can dismiss the facts to support your argument all ya want but it doesn't make them any less of facts.

You really think a game like RDR2 could be made in less than 5 years? Cause according to your argument it was made in 2.5 like a Call of Duty and the rest was milking microtransactions lol. 

Edited by KingGuy420

People really think Rockstar whose last games were The defective trilogy, and gta 5 for ps5 (not expanded or enhanced). Aren't going to focus on online? Why would they waste time making the single player content when they can spend half that time online and make 100x the money?

Edit: Glad they finally shot the horse that was rdo instead of just letting it bleed out though 

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

I think this has been obvious to anyone who played RDR Online over the years. I can't remember the last time there was a significant update. I think Moonshiner was the last fun one I remember, and that was 2019. Naturalist was awful, but I guess the new bounties were fun enough when we got those.

The only thing that's been baffling to me over all these years is why they didn't have a small team working on Outlaw Passes to ensure one was always running. I guess not enough people paid real money for them to make it worth it?

Edited by simmias

Just think of the opportunities and possibilities Red Dead Redemption 2 could of already achieved were it not for Take Two's incompetence and Rockstar's milking of Grand Theft Auto V. The PS5 version of GTA V is the cherry on top of the shit cake.

Grand Theft Auto VI better be a fucking masterpiece, because Rockstar's reputation has already been going downhill these past couple years.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mori said:

I have a suspicion GTA 6 will be the last game released by R* while dropping everything else over time and just milking the online mode to oblivion. 

Too bad RDR2 online never received the treatment it deserved. 

This is my fear as a big fan of single player GTA. GTA Online microtransactions made them so much money, it's easy to see them leaning even further into that model in the next game. Honestly, I'm glad RDR2's online was a bit underwhelming for this very reason. 

Honestly, it wouldn't even surprise me if they say in a couple years.
"GTA6, on-line only."

If you asked me 10 years ago "Who is the best game developing company?"
I would have said "It's a close tie between Rockstar and Naughty Dog"

Now? After the predatory schemes in GTA5 and RDR2, after how they lied about SP DLC for GTA5, after how they abandoned RDR2 SP.

(And, not even really mentioning the remaster debacles.)

If you ask me now, the wouldn't even be in my top 50.

They no longer care about the players, they no longer care about games. They care about shark cards.

Don't get me wrong, if there is going to be a SP for GTA6, it will most likely be a masterpiece.

But, we all know that that will be the gateway to the on-line section.

For me, Rockstar is on the same pile as Bethesda for me.

I will never spend another penny on one of their products again.

45 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Honestly, it wouldn't even surprise me if they say in a couple years.
"GTA6, on-line only."

If you asked me 10 years ago "Who is the best game developing company?"
I would have said "It's a close tie between Rockstar and Naughty Dog"

Now? After the predatory schemes in GTA5 and RDR2, after how they lied about SP DLC for GTA5, after how they abandoned RDR2 SP.

(And, not even really mentioning the remaster debacles.)

If you ask me now, the wouldn't even be in my top 50.

They no longer care about the players, they no longer care about games. They care about shark cards.

Don't get me wrong, if there is going to be a SP for GTA6, it will most likely be a masterpiece.

But, we all know that that will be the gateway to the on-line section.

For me, Rockstar is on the same pile as Bethesda for me.

I will never spend another penny on one of their products again.

The corporate suits took over, that’s what happened. 

The Bernie Madoff type douchebags and sociopaths are in charge of the industry. Your Wall Street focused individuals making multi million dollar salaries who didn’t give a flying fuck about gaming when it was niche. 

Gaming is now the #1 entertainment medium, and obviously the suits who work for these publishing companies will nickel and dime customers for everything. 

• Like 2

Rockstar dropping RDO to focus on GTA is like a parent that intensely dotes on one child, giving them every opportunity in the world and buying them everything they could ever wish for, while also neglecting their other child and feeding them table scraps, and then being disappointed and disowning the neglected child because they never grew up to do something great with their life. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, AnonymousPLC69 said:

Rockstar dropping RDO to focus on GTA is like a parent that intensely dotes on one child, giving them every opportunity in the world and buying them everything they could ever wish for, while also neglecting their other child and feeding them table scraps, and then being disappointed and disowning the neglected child because they never grew up to do something great with their life. 

Pretty much explains what’s going on here.