recommend to me hard to find/rare ps3 physical games

the_sultan999

so as the title suggested i'm invested in collecting delisted from the ps store games, hard-to-find games, and physical release-only games, for my ps3 so i can rest easy and not worry about them going extinct, (although if it doesn't include trophies i'm not interested in them) i made a list so far and this is how it goes: family guy into the multiverse, lollipop chainsaw, thor, captain America, wolverine, and spiderman games, Afrika, Megamind, tornado outbreak, saw 1 & 2, shrek forever after, Hannah Montana the movie, cloudy with a chance of meatball, brave, ice age 3, star wars force unleashed ultimate sith edition, ultimate alliance 2. 
keep in mind i can't stream ps3 games on my ps5 because it's not available yet in my region and i'm going out of my way and 100% dedicated to collecting physical games so it doesn't hike in price later on. anything you could think of is much appreciated and don't be afraid to recommend tons of games too. thanks, everyone. 

Edited by the_sultan999
  • Like 1

Jurassic: The Hunted isn't hard to find but the prices vary wildly from £8 - £100, depending on the seller, shipping costs and the condition. Also, the English Localized Asia version of Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories is obscenely rare and expensive due to an incredibly low initial print run - the JP only version is very common and pretty cheap but other one....good luck finding a copy that doesn't cost your life savings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Jurassic: The Hunted isn't hard to find but the prices vary wildly from £8 - £100, depending on the seller, shipping costs and the condition. Also, the English Localized Asia version of Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories is obscenely rare and expensive due to an incredibly low initial print run - the JP only version is very common and pretty cheap but other one....good luck finding a copy that doesn't cost your life savings.

thank you for the games and the reply i will add those to my list, and out of curiosity i looked up aquanaut's holiday english version on ebay and it was listed for 1000$! crazy but the japanese version includes trophies and they share the same trophy list thankfully so there's no reason to get the english version. But again thanks for telling me about this very interesting to know about.

My recommendations would be Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Mini Ninjas and Wet. I'm pretty sure these never got digital releases.

Also the Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection was supposed to be temporarily delisted, but I think it's still not available digitally again.

Oh boy, here ya go:
Afrika
Drakengard 3
Godzilla
The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon
Ra. One: The Game
Splatterhouse
Magus (only released physically in the US)
Best of Playstation Network Vol. 1
3D Dot Game Heroes
Painkiller Hell and Damnation

Honorable mention to all the HD collections and all the Silent Hill game as well. If you're really crazy, go for Aquanaut's Holiday, Korean or Chinese version as these are the only 2 that include full english text.

Edit: in case you require any assitance tracking some of these down, depending on your region I could help.

Edited by Letenko22
  • Like 3

Class Of Heroes 2G (NA) (JP)

Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 (UK)

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (NA)

Pain (EU)

Rain (AS)

Resident Evil Biohazard HD (AS)

Siren New Translation (AS)

Shadow of the Damned (NA) (EU)

The Last Guy (AS)

Wipeout HD Fury (EU)

World of Outlaws Sprint Cars (UK) (AU)

7 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Class Of Heroes 2G (NA)

This comes in four variants and is hardly considered rare. Only the A variant is worth collecting, for raritys sake. B and C are quite rare, but the latest D variant is all over the place, even in Sweden and we didn't even get an EU release.

22 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

This comes in four variants and is hardly considered rare. Only the A variant is worth collecting, for raritys sake. B and C are quite rare, but the latest D variant is all over the place, even in Sweden and we didn't even get an EU release.

I'm in NA and I've never seen a copy before. 

• Like 1

Just now, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm in NA and I've never seen a copy before. 

It never got a retail release, it was only sold online, like a pre-cursor to Limited Run Games. I forget the name, but they also sold the limited Summon Night 6 for Vita and PS4.

It is not at all considered rare in collectors circles, but since it was sold purely as a collectors item, I guess it is a rare catch for normal game buyers. 

• Like 1