"Error Searching For Games"

nrs1nrs1

Currently me and a couple other players are getting this message when trying to search for matches. It also seems as though no one has earned an online trophy in this game in over 5 days now, which statistically means something is definitely up with the server-side connection. Does anyone know if a full server outage has happened before, and what's the over-under on this just suddenly becoming unobtainable? (currently panicking just a little bit lol)

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 7:08 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

You can't search for games. You have to be invited by someone. The game gives a server error if you search for a match. Get the host to invite you but make sure they are on your friend list. That should work. 

I previously was the host due to my ability to start games. However, since early July no one has been able to connect to a match, and this appears to be across all platforms as well. There's no support options for a game this old and my boosting group is checking daily to see if the problem has abated. I'm not holding my breath for a fix but for me, being about 23 Extermination matches away from never having to touch the thing again is provoking some anxiety lol.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Can someone check if they're back up? Recent achievers show someone got all online trophies from 31 July until 9 august.

I've been checking daily for trophy achievers, if its the account I think you're referring to I believe they hacked those trophies. Their account is full of suspiciously fast times for some really hard games on a near daily basis. Additionally, if they did get those trophies legitimately, there's a high likelihood you would see others popping those trophies as well, as it takes a party of 6 to start a match. Someone in my group had a brief stroke of luck in changing DNS settings but nothing concrete has allowed anyone into the servers.

• Like 2

Ok, i give an apology in antelation to this. Checked right now and efectively, servers send you an error when trying to search for matches.Dunno what's happening but considering this game has 11 year old servers, i don't expect that much of a "resurrection" (thank God i got all the online trophies completed, some years ago).

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I've been checking daily for trophy achievers, if its the account I think you're referring to I believe they hacked those trophies. Their account is full of suspiciously fast times for some really hard games on a near daily basis. Additionally, if they did get those trophies legitimately, there's a high likelihood you would see others popping those trophies as well, as it takes a party of 6 to start a match. Someone in my group had a brief stroke of luck in changing DNS settings but nothing concrete has allowed anyone into the servers.

Thanks, i thought that maybe the servers could have been back online haha, but it sucks that they can't bring them back or atleast announce that they're shutdown, i was intrested in boosting it but all we can do now is wait.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thing is they weren't though. They just stopped working. There's no evidence to say they were turned off, with a p2p game like this its more likely that they crashed and nobody rebooted them, because the game still works on 360 and PC. Same thing happened on Rogue Warrior 360. End result is for now they don't work, though they never did properly.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 4:56 AM, ResiGamer_28 said:

Thing is they weren't though. They just stopped working. There's no evidence to say they were turned off, with a p2p game like this its more likely that they crashed and nobody rebooted them, because the game still works on 360 and PC. Same thing happened on Rogue Warrior 360. End result is for now they don't work, though they never did properly.

Another classic Activision moment, then. Dogshit company.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Microsoft directly host most of the Xbox 360 servers themselves which is probably why. Fear 2 and Crysis 2 are also still up on Xbox 360 along with about 20 other games that were shutdown on ps3. 

In this case I think it’s just activision screw up like rogue warrior as I think they’re both p2p rogue works on ps3 but not Xbox 360 but yeah they do host most of their servers they also have a japan singularity achievement stack on Xbox 360 which made me jealous as well I would’ve loved to stack this game 

Edited by Couponkarl1953

With the recent update regarding Blur's servers working properly suddenly, I decided to check Singularity, and it actually lets me create lobbies now, at least for the time being! I'm going to assume trophies are now obtainable again. @Xillynoc

EDIT: All right, it seems not everyone is having success. Further testing and feedback is necessary, I suppose. I'm not sure what the catalyst is for the lack of uniformity. 

Edited by luketheduke12
Added info/context
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, luketheduke12 said:

With the recent update regarding Blur's servers working properly suddenly, I decided to check Singularity, and it actually lets me create lobbies now, at least for the time being! I'm going to assume trophies are now obtainable again. @Xillynoc

The normal servers are working or the custom ones for Blur?