Biertje373's Trophy Checklist

Biertje373

Platinum 59/completion 58

L0bdd06.png

It may have been expectations, but right after finishing Jak I started Jak II. And the game felt off to me, I can see why people love it, but I can't say I did, I will wait a while before playing Jak III

1Ld79c3f.png

Edited by Biertje373

• 4 weeks later...

Platinum 60/completion 59

L064f75.png

After I to my surprise did not love Jak II, I figured that I would wait a while to play the third game, and I am still waiting. Thankfully Spirit of the North caught my eye, and this game is beautiful.

Just a very calming game with great gameplay and a beautfiful ending, Spirit of the North was exactly what I needed.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 2

Wow! Amazing list so far! JRPGs are indeed the best genre. ❤️ We seem to have a similar taste in games so I'd like to recommend the other Tales games to you.

Specifically that are on PS4:

- Tales of Berseria

- Tales of Zestiria

- Tales of Vesperia

Also, Ni no Kuni is a fantastic game as well. If you want to take a stretch in the JRPG genre, there's also the NieR series.

OK, enough of me recommending games. ?

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

Wow! Amazing list so far! JRPGs are indeed the best genre. 2764.png We seem to have a similar taste in games so I'd like to recommend the other Tales games to you.

Specifically that are on PS4:

- Tales of Berseria

- Tales of Zestiria

- Tales of Vesperia

Also, Ni no Kuni is a fantastic game as well. If you want to take a stretch in the JRPG genre, there's also the NieR series.

OK, enough of me recommending games. 1f602.png

Thank you very much for the compliment.

Funny enough, Vesperia I did play a couple of years ago when it came out on the Switch and I absolutely love it.

I did try Zestiria years ago, can't remember why I quit but I would not mind giving it a second try.

I also experienced Berseria, sadly did not do it for me.

I do hope that more Tales games come to the PS4/PS5 because I want to play more of them.

I did play both Ni No Kuni game, the first one I played on the PS3, I remembe being terrible at it, near beat the final boss.

Ni No Kuni 2 I also played, did not complete it though, the skirmishes really annoyed me, aside from that I loved the game.

The NieR game I hope to play in the future, I've done some content of it via Final Fantasy XIV raid and I was very intrigued by them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biertje373 said:

Thank you very much for the compliment.

Funny enough, Vesperia I did play a couple of years ago when it came out on the Switch and I absolutely love it.

I did try Zestiria years ago, can't remember why I quit but I would not mind giving it a second try.

I also experienced Berseria, sadly did not do it for me.

I do hope that more Tales games come to the PS4/PS5 because I want to play more of them.

You're welcome! I'm hoping for more Tales games too as 2 of my favorites exist only on the PS3, Xillia(s) and Graces. If you don't mind me asking, what is it you didn't like about Berseria?

I did play both Ni No Kuni game, the first one I played on the PS3, I remembe being terrible at it, near beat the final boss.

Ni No Kuni 2 I also played, did not complete it though, the skirmishes really annoyed me, aside from that I loved the game.

Haha, I'd definitely give the remaster a try. I honestly agree that it's a hard game, but the story makes up for it! Ni no Kuni 2 is good but yeah, the skirmishes are stupid.

The NieR game I hope to play in the future, I've done some content of it via Final Fantasy XIV raid and I was very intrigued by them.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

My recent obsession has been the Drakengard/NieR series so I'm all in for recommending it to people. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

You're welcome! I'm hoping for more Tales games too as 2 of my favorites exist only on the PS3, Xillia(s) and Graces. If you don't mind me asking, what is it you didn't like about Berseria?

Haha, I'd definitely give the remaster a try. I honestly agree that it's a hard game, but the story makes up for it! Ni no Kuni 2 is good but yeah, the skirmishes are stupid.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

My recent obsession has been the Drakengard/NieR series so I'm all in for recommending it to people. ?

I don't mind the question at all, my personal gripe with the game is Velvet, I understand why she is how she is and at first I did feel sympathy for her, but over time it grew to be a dislike.

I won't say never about giving it a second chance, as an example I didn't love Horizon Zero Dawn when I first played it but became obsessed with I gave it a second shot this year, but for this one it feels a bit unlikely.

And yeah, Xillia's, Graces and Symphonia are the ones I really want to play.

I would like to give the remaster of Ni No Kuni a shot one day, because me this year vs me 2013 is a huge difference, both in terms of patience with grinding and understanding J-RPG battle systems, so the difference should at least be day a bit more like day and night ?

I approve, whenever I get suddenly very obsessed with a game/series/movie, I very much recommend it to a lot of people and can't stop taling about it.

Edited by Biertje373

37 minutes ago, Biertje373 said:

I don't mind the question at all, my personal gripe with the game is Velvet, I understand why she is how she is and at first I did feel sympathy for her, but over time it grew to be a dislike.

I won't say never about giving it a second chance, as an example I didn't love Horizon Zero Dawn when I first played it but became obsessed with I gave it a second shot this year, but for this one it feels a bit unlikely.

That is very fair. I know quite a few people who are turned off due to the "revenge" story of Berseria. To be honest, for me, it was a breath of fresh air cause being a long time Tales fan, I'm used to the goody two shoes main character who wants to save everybody! xD

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Platinum 61/Completion 60

L4495d1.png

Stray was a fun surprise, when they announced it first I was on the "I don't care" mindset of the game, don't get me wrong I like cats, but my first impression of the game that it was a game where you just play as a cat, so I couldn't really care.

Thankfully they released it on the PS+ Collection and I was like "Why the hell not" and I am so glad that I did. This game is fantastic, a beautiful story with a lovely setting and fun gameplay. I loved this game.

I wish that I had gotten the platinum sooner, but my TV died and I didn't want to do the game a disjustice to play the game on a 720P small TV, I wanted to play it on my 4K TV because this game is gorgeous!

I think that this game is perfect as a one-off game, but if there's ever a second title, I'll 100% get it.

There were a couple of trophies that I did not love, and of course they are some of my final ones:

Can't Cat-ch Me was one that felt very frustrating, there was some luck involved and I just didn't enjoy how it went, it also took me an hour and 20 minutes so when I was done I was just done. 100% my least favourite trophy.

I am not a speedrunner or a racer, so I am Speed was the most draining trophy for me, while it's a kind time limit compared to most trophies, I didn't love this trophy and I honestly felt drained until the end of the day.

But still I am glad that this game exists, I didn't expect to love it and I ended up adoring it and that's the best case scenario.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum 62/Completion 61

L73f2a8.png

I'll be honest, when I saw Bugsnax it didn't look like a game I'd enjoy and because I didn't have PS+ when it came out I also couldn't give it a chance, but now now that it's a part of PS+ Extra/Prenium, I could give it a chance. And while it's still not a game that would make me scream "I need to buy this" I did enjoy it quite a lot, here's to my next completion.

And the add-on content was also quite nice, pretty cool location, fun to explore, some awesome Bugsnax and an awesome boss, so overal it was a nice game.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum 63/Completion 63

L20eea1.png

When they've revealed TOEM to be one of the 3 PS+ games of the month, I wasn't interested, tbf I wasn't interested in any of the three, thankfully I am always up for new experiences, and I am glad that I gave the game a chance.

I love black and white aestetics, I love how chill the game is, I loved taking all these pictures and I found the story really charming.

I do know that there's going to be a free add-on content in the future so it'll probably change completion number but I am looking forward to it.

And indeed, it's not completion #62 anymore.

But it's now completion #63

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum 64 / Completion #62

Ld8fb6b.png

I'll have to be honest, I've always had a preference of 2D platformers over 3D platformers, but I had no reason to play it because I've played it on the Switch. But since you get it with PS+ Extra/Prenium I've decided to play it and I still love this game. The story is beautiful, the platforming is tight and the music is some of the best.

I also like that assist mode doesn't affect the trophies, yes it does lower the dificulty but it makes it more accessible, it's probably a very unpopular thing to say but I honestly don't mind.

Next step is to complete TOEM again.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum 65 / Completion 64

La58059.png

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

This was a game that I wanted to play for quite a while and was I finally able to play it because it dropped on the PS+ Prenium cloud service. I liked it, but it wasn't without its fair share of complaints that I had with my main complaint being the amount of minigames, that being said, the bosses and the platforming were really good.

• Like 2

Completion 65

L0ac77d.png

Abzû

I've looked at this game so many times, but I never got it, even when I became a PS+ prenium member, but a couple of days ago I felt like I should just do it and I am super glad that I did. This game was very short but it was also really nice it feels like one of those games that are made to be an experience.

Quite a few of the collectibles I had to use a guide for, but I didn't mind, because to me it was worth it, I did however choose to only use a guide after I beat the game, just because I wanted to experience this game before completing it.

There's only one part that I disliked and that was the 5th chapter, thankfully it was short and it didn't have anytthing to collect, aside from that I loved the entire game.

I can highly recommend this game to anyone who just wants to relax.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #66 / Completion #66

Le04e37.png

I started playing The Medium because it looked pretty cool and I enjoy the supernatural setting, and while this game isn't very polished for the PS5, it is a great game.

My tip that if you're going to play this game DO NOT press the resume activity button, if you do that trophies won't unlock, thankfully the gameplay and story made it worth the problems that I have with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Platinum 68 / Completion 68

Lf8d3a0.png

When A Plague Tale: Innocence was a PS+ game about a year and a half ago, I absolutely fell in love with it, now with A Plague Tale: Requiem I fell in love once again, the ending of this amazing duology was amazing, they improved in every single way. I had to go through NG+ to get a few clearup trophies which made me procrastinate the platinum, but it is what it is and it did become my first platinum of 2023.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Platinum 69 / Completion 69

L6b8c04.png

I'll be honest, I once tried The Last of Us Remastered in the past, but it didn't do it for me, but like last year with Horizon: Zero Dawn, I wanted to give The Last of Us another chance, I am so glad that I did because I finally understand why it's such a beloved game! And now that this one's down, I can start The Last of Us Part II a go.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Platinum #71 / Completion # 71

Lbc3d24.png

When I saw the art style of OMNO, I didn't extect a lot of it, but this puzzle/platformer was great!

Platinum #72 / Completion #72

L73de34.png

Out of the 3 POWGI games that I've played, Mixups is in the middle, Word Search is still my favourite and Ladders is fine at best. But still, this one was fun.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Completion #73

Le87c46.png

7 years ago I played Firewatch and I absolutely loved and (at the time) completed it, but a while later they've added some add on trophies, which I never got, this week felt like the perfect time to change that. I still really like this game and am glad that I finally decided to complete it.

Platinum #73 / Completion #74

L668342.png

I honestly didn't expect a lot from The Artful Escape, especially during the first hour I expected to drop it, but I honestly liked this game, sure the dialogue and story didn't do it for me, but the gameplay was fun.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Platinum #74 / Completion #75

Lb62862.png

I already gave my thoughts about Sly 2: Band of Thieves on the Most Recent Platinum page. But to sum it up, it's a solid platformer with some annoying gameplay design, which is a shame.

I do want to play the other 2 Sly games, but not anytime soon.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #75 / Completion #76

L526976.png

I wanted the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters on the PS4/PS5 ever since they were announced, so I was really happy when they've announced it for the PS4 and this game did not disappoint.

The gameplay was a lot of fun, it's a great turn based RPG.

The music (both old and remade) is great, I've jammed to quite a few tracks.

The game is pretty short, but I am cool with that.

The world is fantastic, I loved exploring it.

It had a couple of annoying encounters, but the big problem with them was encountering them.

I can't wait to see what I'll think of the other 5 pixel remasters.

• Like 1