Ive said it before and ill say it again. Does it matter really. Just enjoy this brilliant hobby how you want. If people want to enjoy this hobby pissing their money on trash just for the satisfaction of a plat popping, then let em. 

This morning i plated formula bit racing in 10 mins which people will hate on but i had a blast with it, but before that i plated gta 5 for a third time so i think i deserved a quicker plat lol.

Happy hunting people 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

I'll offer a counterpoint, but I want to prefice this that this is all my personal opinion and I don't want anybody to feel bad about themselves, just trying to show things from my perspective and why I, and some others think this way.

You're killing the hobby. Not you specifically, your profile is actually quite tame, but people like you who play these games just to earn a quick platinum. I hope we're not gonna kid ourselves here and try to pretend like people buy these games for pure enjoyment, they're not. The same way I am not buying games with sub 1% plats just for the pure enjoyment of the game. In both cases it's for trophies. The main difference being by supporting the developers of these 10 minute (or in this case 5 sec.) trophy lists, you're inviting them to flood the PS Store with hot garbage, inticing them to create multiple stacks of said garbage and most importantnly to me making the number of platinums totally meaningless. That number used to mean something, it truly did, even if you just played Disney games, or Lego games, those would still require some effort - which is the main difference between a Ratalaika / Breakthrough / Webnetics s.r.o. / whatever-else-shit-publisher and just a casual game that is easy to complete. Even outside of PSNP whenever you see things like challenge videos titled "30 plats in 30 days"- instead of being impresed by that feat, you will just wonder which excrement from the PS Store did that person decide to go with. If they made the truly difficult choice of going with a visual novel that takes 8 minutes, or a truly hardcore "Press X" game that takes 11 minutes. You're making the hobby lesser by indulging in these get-trophies-fast-and-easy schemes, I can't see increasing the numbers on your profile being worth it and I frankly applaud people who managed to resist the temptation. I'm not even gonna go into the whole leaderboard aspect of it, as I don't really care about rankings, but I will say that people like Hakoom and some of the other OGs were far more impressive when they weren't forced to play these "games" just to keep up with the competition.

P.S. This mentality of "oh, I did difficult game, so now I deserve an easy plat and I shouldn't be called out for it, even though it supports these questionable publishing tactics" is really bizzare to me. You're the one who chose to play that "difficult" game of GTA 5, if you need a break from all that "hard difficulty" and need to get a dopamine hit by popping a plat in 10 minutes, why bother with the "difficult" game at all? It sound like you received no enjoyment from it.

TL;DR 10 min. plat bad, plz don't

There's a difference between 5 seconds "games" and budget really short games that while short are still games. 

I do this too, I tend to play easy shmups between longer platinums. It's kinda like a rest, doesn't mean you don't like harder games it just means you want something less demanding between harder games.

This formula bit game if it is the one I'm thinking about is on my wishlist because I like retro racers. I buy often times easy shmups because I like retro styled shmups. I'm not going to avoid a game just because oh no I can't play that because it's a easy plat and people will judge me.

For what it's worth, they had fun playing that 10 minute platinum, isn't that all that matters? That a game they played was fun? If have have fun playing it, it's existence as a game on the psn store is justified. Easy plat or not.

• Like 2

@Letenko22 please dont tarnish me with the same brush as people who not only have played every breakthrough arcade game to date and every game ending with a random letter but also have played multiple regions with said game.

99.9 percent of games on my profile i have genually played because it looked fun (i have had the odd blip on the way i will admit)

Like you said you arnt saying im killing the hobby but saying "people like me" felt a bit harsh. Im pretty proud of my profile

But most of your post is fair and thanks for your opinion

• Like 1