PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

2 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

This seems like a fun event, I want to join as well! Though should Indivisible be on the recommendations list considering it has unobtainable trophies?

My recommendations are:

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Astebreed

Welcome! Indivisible is a great game that I really think is worth playing, and the plat is still obtainable. It's only a couple of DLC trophies that are unobtainable. If someone gets it, I'll warn them about the DLC trophies and let them reroll for free if they don't want it. I don't want to limit what's included as much as possible, but I completely understand that kind of concern.

Your first game is... Indivi- just kidding, it's Horizon Zero Dawn!

12 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Interesting event, I would like to join. 

My recommendations are:

The Artful Escape

Watch Dogs

Welcome! The games have been added to the list!

Your first game is... Shadow of the Colossus!

3 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Let's go, I'm joining

My recommendations

- Knack

- LEGO Movie The Videogame

Welcome! They've both been added to the list!

Your first game is... South Park: The Stick of Truth!

With that, the list is above 50 games. I'm really surprised it got so high so fast. If it gets to 100 games, I'll start removing the default games my extra recommendations. Other people will be able to recommend them after they're removed, I just don't want the list to get too high. I don't want it to end up just being the entire catalog lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mystvayne said:

I would like to join as well.

My recommendations are:

Saint's Row The Third

Detroit Become Human

Welcome! I had no idea that SR3 was on Extra, or I definitely would have recommended it. It's one of my favorite games. I'm glad you did!

Your first game is... The Lego Movie The Videogame!

4 hours ago, Lojtana said:

Sounds like a really fun event to experience some games that haven't been on your radar yet, so I'd like to join. 

My two recommendations are El Hijo and Desperados 3.

Welcome! They've been added to the list!

Your first game is... Indivisible! Fair warning, there are a couple of DLC trophies that are unobtainable. The plat is obtainable though. If you want to veto it, you can for free and I'll get you another game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sanevin said:

This event is already paying off. Doubt I ever would have played 11-11 Memories Retold by myself but it seems like a really nice adventure game.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Same thing happened with my first game. I never would have played it, but it turned out to be a great game.

2 hours ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Hi, I recommend Tearaway Unfolded and Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Welcome! They've been added to the list. I've heard good things about Tearaway Unfolded and been curious about how it translated to the PS4.

Your first game is... Death end re;Quest!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Your first game is... Indivisible! Fair warning, there are a couple of DLC trophies that are unobtainable. The plat is obtainable though. If you want to veto it, you can for free and I'll get you another game.

This game was actually on my list of games that I wanted to try out, so this is perfect. And I'm fine with unobtainable trophies. I'll never have a 100% completion anyways, so I don't think that I should limit myself by never playing games with unobtainables. (:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

Sounds fun I'd like to join.

My recommendations are

Tetris Effect 

South Park: The Fractured but Whole

Your first game is... Wytchwood!

3 hours ago, Lojtana said:

This game was actually on my list of games that I wanted to try out, so this is perfect. And I'm fine with unobtainable trophies. I'll never have a 100% completion anyways, so I don't think that I should limit myself by never playing games with unobtainables. (:

Okay cool, just wanted to make sure. It was one I put off playing for a long time, but I really enjoyed it. It's a pretty unique game. I hope you like it!

• Like 1

Finished up Ghost of Tsushima. It is the most personally polarizing game I've ever played. It's got an absolutely incredible story, has such a cool setting, and looks really good. But it's also one of the most bland and formulaic games I've ever played. It's not even particularly bad in any kind of interesting way, it's just really boring and repetitive. About half of my time was spent on the horse just running to the next objective, and then the rest of the game was basically just mashing triangle with the occasional L1 to block. There were also a bunch of really questionable design choices. Like, the ability to lock on isn't usable by default, you have to go into the menu and turn it on. So I'm honestly not sure whether to say it's a good or a bad game. Definitely not something I want to plat though, so I'm getting another game. I'll probably go back and do the side quests though, just for the story.

The randomizer has decided my next game is... Foreclosed! I know literally nothing about this game. Should be exciting to boot up and see what it is. After this one, I'll probably stop speedrunning these and start working on my completion again and preparing for my 200th plat. Probably lol.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Coldman1 said:

Have yet to start my game yet, sadly work and kids keep me busy during the week, life eh1f605.png 

Lol I totally understand. No worries, this event is meant to be a pretty relaxed ongoing event, rather than a strict time sensitive one.

And I've finished and platted Foreclosed. It was really short. It was a really cool concept, but I  think it needed more time oven, and a lot bigger budget. I think the developer shows a lot of promise though, so I'm hoping they got some attention and will be able to get bigger budgets in the future. Since it's an uncommon plat that's 2 points, and then 1 for beating it.

RNGesus decided my next game is... Wreckfest... but I have negative interest in racing games, so I vetoed it and got Detroit: Become Human. I really didn't like Heavy Rain, so I'm really skeptical of this. I've heard it's good though, so I'll at least give it a shot.

• Like 2

Just finished my game. It was kinda boring but semi-fun I guess and not too difficult, there was a grind for buying all of the abilities though. Not too much to say about it since I got bored with the story and just ended up skipping about the last third of the cutscenes.

Also just re-read the first post, and I'll clarify that I do have a PS5.

Edited by shxrpay
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Varhur said:

Reporting that the game is now finished and platted.Not too hard on casual difficulty, but you really need to be alert for all the missable stuff, and there's a lot of it (but it ended being more manageable than I thought).

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for an uncommon plat, for a total of 3 points!

Yeah, I ended up having to play twice to get some missable stuff. It's pretty short though, so it wasn't too painful.

Your next game is... Control!

3 hours ago, shxrpay said:

Just finished my game. It was kinda boring but semi-fun I guess and not too difficult, there was a grind for buying all of the abilities though. Not too much to say about it since I got bored with the story and just ended up skipping about the last third of the cutscenes.

Also just re-read the first post, and I'll clarify that I do have a PS5.

Congrats on finishing it! You get 1 point for beating it, and the 100% is at 15.42% so you get another 4 points for the rare list, for a total of 5 points! I've updated the OP so I know you have a PS5. There aren't any PS5 exclusive games yet, but if some get added, I'll be sure to throw them into the randomizer as well.

I skipped the cutscenes too lol. I never play games like that for the story, I just wanted to get to the game. Hopefully you like your next game a bit more.

Which will be... World of Final Fantasy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Which will be... World of Final Fantasy!

I think I'll have to use a veto on this one. I just don't see myself spending 80 hours on a game that I'm not very interested in ?

Edited by shxrpay

2 hours ago, shxrpay said:

I think I'll have to use a veto on this one. I just don't see myself spending 80 hours on a game that I'm not very interested in 1f61d.png

I understand. That's what they're there for. That brings you down to 2.

Your next game is... Call of Cthulhu!

• Like 1

Got the Platinum for Lego Movie The Videogame. I've played lots of Lego games and usually enjoy them but this one was just bad. I had to restart levels several times due to glitches, but at least they weren't game breaking and the game was very short.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

Got the Platinum for Lego Movie The Videogame. I've played lots of Lego games and usually enjoy them but this one was just bad. I had to restart levels several times due to glitches, but at least they weren't game breaking and the game was very short.

Congrats on pushing through it. You get 1 point for beating it and 2 points for the uncommon plat, for a total of 3 points.

That sucks that it was so bad. I'm glad it was at least quick and easy. Maybe I'll implement a system where if a game gets two bad reviews, it gets removed from the list. I'd hate for people to just be getting broken and bad games.

Your next game is... Control! Hopefully you end up liking this one a bit more. I recently tried it and it turned out to be better than I expected.

Edit: Just noticed when updating the thread that three people have Control right now. The randomizer really wants people to play it apparently lol.

Edited by ExHaseo