PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

Finished and got the platinum for Wytchwood. Not a game I would have chosen for myself the ultimate fetch quest the game, but it was really good super rewarding each time you got an item or crafted an item to get another item.  It keeps you playing just one more item or one more quest until hours have passed.  For a game made by 11 people it was very impressive.

A tip for those who play it next collect everything you can along the way it'll save a little backtracking and only craft things as you need them so you don't waste anything.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

I would like to join!

My recomendations:

- South Park Stick of True 

- Gravity Rush Remake

Welcome! Unfortunately, Stick of Truth was already recommended by someone else, and Gravity Rush isn't on Extra. Just Gravity Rush 2, which is already on the list as well. Feel free to recommend something else though!

3 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

Finished and got the platinum for Wytchwood. Not a game I would have chosen for myself the ultimate fetch quest the game, but it was really good super rewarding each time you got an item or crafted an item to get another item.  It keeps you playing just one more item or one more quest until hours have passed.  For a game made by 11 people it was very impressive.

A tip for those who play it next collect everything you can along the way it'll save a little backtracking and only craft things as you need them so you don't waste anything.

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat, for a total of 3 points!

That honestly sounds pretty fun to me. I may play it even if I don't get it for the event lol.

Your next game is... Lost Words: Beyond the Page!

• Like 3

Just now, Sanevin said:

Took a little longer than I was expecting, but I've platinumed 11-11 Memories Retold.  Fantastic game, little heavy on the collectables though.

@ExHaseo Would love a new game when you have some spare time. :)

Congrats! I'm glad to hear it was good! That gets you 1 point for beating it and 2 points for the uncommon plat, for a total of 3 points!

RNGesus has decided your next game is... The Crew 2! This one was a new record, I had to go 6 games down the randomizer list to find one you hadn't played yet lol.

40 minutes ago, Sanevin said:

Please don't hesitate to give me a game I've already played, gotta work on that backlog!

Not really a big racing fan, I'll use a veto and request a reroll.

No problem! I'll make a note so I remember.

I totally understand. I really only like kart racers like Mario Kart, and even then it's only fun with people, and after a couple races I'm usually done lol.

Your next game is... Invidisible! Fair warning, there are a couple of unobtainable DLC trophies. You can veto it for free if you want. It's a great game though, I definitely think it's worth a playthrough. The plat is pretty easy too.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:17 PM, ExHaseo said:

Your next game is... Call of Cthulhu!

Just finished it, ready for a new one! It was actually pretty good (I wasn't expecting too much), in terms of story as well as gameplay. Without giving any spoilers, some of the stuff in the story is pretty cryptic though which I found to get a bit irritating at times.

• Like 2

Lost Words completed with a platinum.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:48 AM, Mesopithecus said:

I would like to join and my game recommendations are:

Wytchwood

Lost Words: Beyond the Page

That was not at all what I was expecting. Starting off with a little girl of to save the world and then it takes a dark turn almost soul crushingly dark.

It should come with a warning at the start only play if you hate your grandmother.

I want to recommend FFVII, I got that platinum as my 15th platinum. If you don't mind looking up a guide for Gold Saucer dating and don't mind bromance, then I highly recommend going for the platinum. The in-game cheats make it a lot more tolerable but they are optional. I remember playing this game back when it was a PSX game and while I wasn't a fanboy like everyone else, it was a pretty decent game. (Yuffie is my FFVII waifu. ;))

EDIT: Oh, I gotta recommend a second game? Uhm... well, I also platinumed Infamous: SECOND SON, but not on this account and never on this account as I really despise games which require you to become evil for a trophy. After having to murder the entire populace of Seattle three times over, because I platinumed this game three times on older accounts, I decided NEVER again. (Also, I really got sniped a lot by the cops which sucks. Control in this game was janky for me and the fact that you get the final power only AT the final boss really annoys me.)

However, the game was really well made and stood on its own despite me never touching the other Infamous games. And it's made by the same people who made Sly Cooper, which was a series I enjoyed a bit. (If I want to torture myself, I'll download the Sly Collection and try to plat those games. xD)

So yeah, my recommends are FFVII and Infamous: SECOND SON. I'll also toss in FIRST LIGHT even though I didn't play that game as it's sort of a pre-story of one of the SECOND SON characters.

Edited by Taruta13

16 hours ago, shxrpay said:

Just finished it, ready for a new one! It was actually pretty good (I wasn't expecting too much), in terms of story as well as gameplay. Without giving any spoilers, some of the stuff in the story is pretty cryptic though which I found to get a bit irritating at times.

Congrats! Sounds like it turned out a bit better than the last one. That gets you 1 point for beating the game, and 2 points for the uncommon plat, for a total of 3 points. That brings you up to 8 points.

Your next game is... Shadow of the Colossus!

15 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

Lost Words completed with a platinum.

That was not at all what I was expecting. Starting off with a little girl of to save the world and then it takes a dark turn almost soul crushingly dark.

It should come with a warning at the start only play if you hate your grandmother.

Congrats! It really took me by surprise too, but in a good way. That gets you 1 point for beating it, and then 1 point for the common plat, for a total of 2 points! That brings you up to 5 points total.

Your next game is... Call of Cthulhu!

15 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I want to recommend FFVII, I got that platinum as my 15th platinum. If you don't mind looking up a guide for Gold Saucer dating and don't mind bromance, then I highly recommend going for the platinum. The in-game cheats make it a lot more tolerable but they are optional. I remember playing this game back when it was a PSX game and while I wasn't a fanboy like everyone else, it was a pretty decent game. (Yuffie is my FFVII waifu. ;))

EDIT: Oh, I gotta recommend a second game? Uhm... well, I also platinumed Infamous: SECOND SON, but not on this account and never on this account as I really despise games which require you to become evil for a trophy. After having to murder the entire populace of Seattle three times over, because I platinumed this game three times on older accounts, I decided NEVER again. (Also, I really got sniped a lot by the cops which sucks. Control in this game was janky for me and the fact that you get the final power only AT the final boss really annoys me.)

However, the game was really well made and stood on its own despite me never touching the other Infamous games. And it's made by the same people who made Sly Cooper, which was a series I enjoyed a bit. (If I want to torture myself, I'll download the Sly Collection and try to plat those games. xD)

So yeah, my recommends are FFVII and Infamous: SECOND SON. I'll also toss in FIRST LIGHT even though I didn't play that game as it's sort of a pre-story of one of the SECOND SON characters.

Welcome! Unfortunately, FFVII, Second Son, and First Light are all already on the list. If you still want to join, be sure to check the list before making another recommendation. Please also make sure it's a game you've played, and ideally enjoyed. The idea is to have a list of games people will enjoy, but may not have tried themselves. You only have to recommend one game to join, the second is just optional for those who have more than one game they want other people to play.

• Like 1

Got the Plat and 100% for Control. I really enjoyed this game. It's been in my backlog for a while so it's good to finally get it done. Very weird story but a lot of fun.

I played the PS5 version instead of the PS4. I assume that's ok if both are in the PS Extra games. I'm good with PS5 games if or when any get recommended.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

Got the Plat and 100% for Control. I really enjoyed this game. It's been in my backlog for a while so it's good to finally get it done. Very weird story but a lot of fun.

I played the PS5 version instead of the PS4. I assume that's ok if both are in the PS Extra games. I'm good with PS5 games if or when any get recommended.

Yeah, either version is fine. Whichever you prefer.

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It surprised me how much I liked it when I played it. I'm kind of excited to see where they take the series. I just love weird convoluted stories lol.

Beating the game gets you 1 point, you get 2 points for the uncommon plat, and then 2 more points for the DLC packs. For a total of 5 points!

And your next game is... Ghostrunner!

This sounds fun but why omit ffx-2? Yes it's not great and it's tedious as fuck but It should be worth 250 points but only if you start and plat it during this event mwahahahahahahaha

Choose me any game to start off on.

Edited by Ultraxian

5 hours ago, Varhur said:

I've also completed and 100%-ed Control, really fun and I really liked the nods to SCP, but it gets really laggy at times on PS4 Slim (especially after unpausing).

Congrats! Beating the game gets you 1 point, you get 2 points for the uncommon plat, and then 2 more points for the DLC packs. For a total of 5 points!

I was on a PS4 Pro and had some slowdown after unpausing too. It always fixed itself after a second or two, but it was always a little weird.

Your next game is... Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight!

5 hours ago, L0sT_NZ_Kazekage said:

Sounds fun!

I will recommend:

1. Deliver us the moon

2. Seasons after fall

I have a Ps5 and also don't mind if a game is already started on my list (no stacks though) but not platted, could help the backlog.

Welcome! The games have been added to the list. I'll make a note that you're on PS5 and are okay with started games.

Your first game is... Wreckfest!

4 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

This sounds fun but why omit ffx-2? Yes it's not great and it's tedious as fuck but It should be worth 250 points but only if you start and plat it during this event mwahahahahahahaha

Choose me any game to start off on.

FFX is included in the default because it's one of the best reviewed FF games, and personally I think it's the most approachable and well aged of the older games. I wanted to note it was just X and not both games, since even though they're separate trophy lists, it's technically a collection and didn't want people to think they had to play both games. X-2 also has a pretty divisive reputation. Someone else can always recommend it, but I didn't think it qualified for the default games.

Be sure to read the rules. You have to recommend at least one game on Extra to join(one you've played), and all of the games you get are random.

As a personal update,

I booted up Detroit Become Human and was just immediately turned off. Between the pretentious, "This is actually the future," line at the start and having overly complicated controls just picking up an object, I just know I'm not going to like it. I didn't want to use all of my vetos, but I just really don't want to play this game. So I used my last veto and got.... 11-11 Memories Retold.

35 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

As a personal update,

I booted up Detroit Become Human and was just immediately turned off. Between the pretentious, "This is actually the future," line at the start and having overly complicated controls just picking up an object, I just know I'm not going to like it. I didn't want to use all of my vetos, but I just really don't want to play this game. So I used my last veto and got.... 11-11 Memories Retold.

Hope you enjoy! I thought it was fantastic and had a really unique style.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! Beating the game gets you 1 point, you get 2 points for the uncommon plat, and then 2 more points for the DLC packs. For a total of 5 points!

I was on a PS4 Pro and had some slowdown after unpausing too. It always fixed itself after a second or two, but it was always a little weird.

Your next game is... Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight!

Welcome! The games have been added to the list. I'll make a note that you're on PS5 and are okay with started games.

FFX is included in the default because it's one of the best reviewed FF games, and personally I think it's the most approachable and well aged of the older games. I wanted to note it was just X and not both games, since even though they're separate trophy lists, it's technically a collection and didn't want people to think they had to play both games. X-2 also has a pretty divisive reputation. Someone else can always recommend it, but I didn't think it qualified for the default games.

Be sure to read the rules. You have to recommend at least one game on Extra to join(one you've played), and all of the games you get are random.

As a personal update,

Agree with you about ffx. Well I've platinumed bloodborne and would highly recommend it there's even codes for chalice dungeons wich mean you can skip most of them now. I just wish I knew that when I was playing it.

Edited by Ultraxian

7 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Great! I had been considering playing it but the online turned me off, but can find someone to boost with! Will get started as soon as I finish legend on Yakuza for plat 50!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Varhur said:

Momodora now 100%-ed, pretty charming platformer, no-hitting bosses took some practise, but after that, doing a playthrough on Insane difficulty (one-hit death), was easier than I expected.

Congrats! That sounds insane. Definitely impressive you were able to do it, especially so quickly! That's 1 point for beating the game and 7 points for the very rare list, for a total of 8 points!

Your next game is... Dead or Alive 5: Last Round!

On 7/26/2022 at 6:35 PM, L0sT_NZ_Kazekage said:

Great! I had been considering playing it but the online turned me off, but can find someone to boost with! Will get started as soon as I finish legend on Yakuza for plat 50!

Yakuza as 50 is a great choice! I still need to get back to Kiwami, especially now that the whole series is going to released onto extra. I'd definitely recommend creating a boosting session as soon as you start the game, it can sometimes take a while for someone to join. It's always a bummer having just online left and having to wait for someone to join to finish up.

13 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! That sounds insane. Definitely impressive you were able to do it, especially so quickly! That's 1 point for beating the game and 7 points for the very rare list, for a total of 8 points!

Your next game is... Dead or Alive 5: Last Round!

Gonna have to use a veto on this one, my controller is not in the best shape (sticks get stuck often), so I can only imagine how awfully hard would be doing the tutorials and combo challenges when your controller actively fights you.

41 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Gonna have to use a veto on this one, my controller is not in the best shape (sticks get stuck often), so I can only imagine how awfully hard would be doing the tutorials and combo challenges when your controller actively fights you.

That's a bummer. Hopefully you can get a better controller soon. That sounds pretty frustrating.

Your next game is... Spider-Man!

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

That's a bummer. Hopefully you can get a better controller soon. That sounds pretty frustrating.

Your next game is... Spider-Man!

That'll be better, btw, will it be possible for players who already gave their recommendations to add additional ones, without replacing others? Maybe +1 more recommendation per month max, while being not necessary?

• Like 1