PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

On 8/4/2022 at 4:17 PM, Varhur said:

Spider-Man now fully finished and 100%-ed, had a lot of fun with it, but it had noticeably faster combat pace than Batman Arkha, so my experience in that franchise didn't result in me being immediately good at SM. It was even the opposite at times, especially in the Hammerhead Fronts and Olympus Bases from the DLC's. Also, I dont think the game needed this many collectibles, but whatever.

Congrats! I still need to go back and do the DLC. Things just got a little too repetitive at that point for me after getting the plat, and the screwball challenges were just annoying to deal with, so I just didn't do them lol. Definitely still a great game overall though.

Since that's your 4th game in a row, you get 2 points for beating it, 2 points for the uncommon plat, and then 4 points for the DLC lists. For a grand total of 8 points!

And your next game is... Sundered!

10 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

I would like to try this out since I just upgraded to extra.

I will recommend Minit which is a fantastic little old school zelda type adventure with the twist being you only have 60 seconds to make progress before you get reset. Its fairly short, can be platted in a few hours. But its great fun, so much so that I have beaten it on Steam and PS4.

For my second recommendation I will put forward Party Hard. It has no plat but Soma is also on the list so I assume that is okay? I have previously played it on Steam and actually bought it to replay on PS4 at some point. Its a fun little strategy puzzle game where you have to kill everyone at a party without getting caught or dieing yourself.

Welcome! They have been added to the list!
Minit sounds like a fairly unique concept. Sounds like a lot of fun. And yeah, pretty much anything is okay. I started the event mainly just as a way for people to try out and discover games they may not have given a chance otherwise. So I try not to limit what gets put on the list by people. The only thing I'm not putting on the list are unobtainable plats.

Your first game is... South Park: The Stick of Truth!

6 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Took me some time but finished Shadow of the Colossus. Funny enough had this game on my backlog since it was given for free with Plus some years ago.

I probably wouldn't have started this game without this event, as I never had much interest in it. Glad I got it as my first game, had a lot of fun. Guess that's what the event is all about, trying new games you would never had started by yourself.

Overall, the platinum is pretty easy besides some Colossus on hard time attack, with Colossus 16 giving me the hardest time I had with the game. 

I had some glitches too, including a story related trophy not unlocking and a corrupt saved data after the game crashing. I wonder what game I will get next

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've always heard such great things about it. That sucks about the glitches and corrupted save data though. That sounds like a nightmare.
You get 1 point for beating the game and 7 points for the very rare plat, for total of 8 points!

And your next game is... Gunvolt Chronicles Luminous Avenger iX!

And for a while, my responses may be a bit delayed. I'm going to be moving 3 times in the next two weeks and then my uni classes are starting back up about 2 days after the last move when I get into my permanent place. I'm also working on top of all of that. So I'm just not going to have as much time. I'll make sure I'm updating this thread at least once a week though. I'll definitely try to update more than that, but I wanted to warn people just in case it takes a few days to get a new game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Welcome! They have been added to the list!

Minit sounds like a fairly unique concept. Sounds like a lot of fun. And yeah, pretty much anything is okay. I started the event mainly just as a way for people to try out and discover games they may not have given a chance otherwise. So I try not to limit what gets put on the list by people. The only thing I'm not putting on the list are unobtainable plats.

Your first game is... South Park: The Stick of Truth!

Not what I was hoping for but still something I am interested in. Glad its the first game at the very least. Would be weird to play the sequel first!

I would also just like to point out that you missed WingBingDing who also asked to join:

4 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Not what I was hoping for but still something I am interested in. Glad its the first game at the very least. Would be weird to play the sequel first!

I would also just like to point out that you missed WingBingDing who also asked to join:

Thank you ??

42 minutes ago, overdrive02 said:

hi i would like to join but I have PS+ premium and am not sure how to find games just from the PS+ EXTRA library could anyone help me here pls 

https://www.playstation.com/en-hk/ps-plus/games/

This is the official list made by Sony separating each game by category

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

6 hours ago, WingBingDing said:

Thank you 1f64f-1f3fc.png

Thanks, but I didn't miss them. They don't have enough posts to join. Like stated in the rules, this event takes a lot of time and effort for each person, and I want to make sure they're sticking around. So to join everyone needs 20 posts to join. I let one person in when the event started when they were close to the post count, but didn't have quite enough, and they haven't been back. So I didn't want to make that same mistake again. I was giving it a few days to see if they were going to stick around and get the post count or not. I didn't want to have to seem like a jerk and reject someone venturing into the community, so I decided to wait and see what happened first. If they got the post count, I was going to add them once they hit it, or at least got closer. If not, I was going to say something.

Sorry, but you need at least 20 posts to join. Feel free to come back once you have 20, and please make sure to read the rules.

4 hours ago, overdrive02 said:

i recommend Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood PS4 

Welcome! It's been added to the list. For the most part, the only games exclusive to Premium are the classic games. So as long as it's not a PS1/2/3 game, it should be okay.

Your first game is... Valiant Hearts: The Great War!

8 hours ago, Superheavynova said:

After so long I’m finally getting around to my game jeez sorry for being so late 1f605.png

lol no worries. This is meant to be a pretty casual event. I've had a game assigned for weeks and haven't started yet lol.

36 minutes ago, TheZazuku said:

I'd like to join! So much to choose from with extra 1f914.png I own a ps5 and don't mind playing already started games.

I recommend FF X-2 and Prey

Welcome! They've been added to the list. There really is a lot to choose from, and even more being added each month. Very few have been getting taken away so far too, which is nice.

Your first game is... Ghost of Tsushima!

51 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Welcome! They've been added to the list. There really is a lot to choose from, and even more being added each month. Very few have been getting taken away so far too, which is nice.

Your first game is... Ghost of Tsushima!

Awesome, heard it's a great game! Just haven't gotten to it yet

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WingBingDing said:

I have come crawling back with 20 posts to my name this time lol.

My recommendations still stand - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons & Nioh. 

Welcome! They've been added to the list. I'm kind of hoping I get Nioh. I've been meaning to get back to it for a while now.

Your first game is... Bloodborne!

On 8/12/2022 at 7:05 PM, ExHaseo said:

Welcome! They've been added to the list. I'm kind of hoping I get Nioh. I've been meaning to get back to it for a while now.

Your first game is... Bloodborne!

Seems fitting I get Bloodborne after recommending Nioh. Looking forward to it….I’ve had this installed since last year but haven’t gotten around to it. 

• Like 1

Had some free time so I plowed through South Park: The Stick of Truth.

It was really good. Was just my kind of RPG when it came to the battle system. The active actions and actually needing to use status effects instead of just power leveling was good fun.I will say that since I am not a huge South Park fan the comedy did wear thin in parts, and it did feel like they just shoved way to much fan service in it. The game was best when it was doing its own unique story stuff and worst when it was copying famous jokes from the show. As far as trophies, it was a pain because of how many missable collectibles and missable miscellaneous trophies. Had to have a collectible guide and the trophy guide open at all times which was annoying (thank you dual monitor setup). Probably would have enjoyed it even more if I had done a blind play through without worrying about trophies.

• Like 1

Okay, so this feels a bit like cheating lol.  So I beat Astebreed this morning.  The runs aren't very long.  I ran a run on Normal last night night but couldn't beat the last boss.  This morning I jumped in on Easy and ended up beating the game without using a continue.  I also ran through again and tried some other stuff, but I've frankly gotten bored.  However, if this is a case of being too short of a run (I totally get it, it's only 30 minutes long) that's totally fine.  I'll keep plugging away, maybe try to beat it on Normal again, idk.

Otherwise, @ExHaseo, I guess I'm ready for another game?  I just assuming that's how this works.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 3:53 AM, MrHealthy said:

Had some free time so I plowed through South Park: The Stick of Truth.

It was really good. Was just my kind of RPG when it came to the battle system. The active actions and actually needing to use status effects instead of just power leveling was good fun.I will say that since I am not a huge South Park fan the comedy did wear thin in parts, and it did feel like they just shoved way to much fan service in it. The game was best when it was doing its own unique story stuff and worst when it was copying famous jokes from the show. As far as trophies, it was a pain because of how many missable collectibles and missable miscellaneous trophies. Had to have a collectible guide and the trophy guide open at all times which was annoying (thank you dual monitor setup). Probably would have enjoyed it even more if I had done a blind play through without worrying about trophies.

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game, and 2 points for the uncommon plat, for a total of 3 points!

I really enjoyed the battle system too. I was kind of disappointed when they changed it to more of a grid-based system in the sequel. It's not bad or anything, but I liked Stick of Truth a lot more.

The collectibles are a bummer. I always advocate for blind playthroughs first, before even looking at a trophy list. I've enjoyed games much more since I've been doing that. It generally takes longer for a plat this way though.

With that one done, your next game is... World of Final Fantasy!

On 8/16/2022 at 7:37 AM, willythom88 said:

Okay, so this feels a bit like cheating lol.  So I beat Astebreed this morning.  The runs aren't very long.  I ran a run on Normal last night night but couldn't beat the last boss.  This morning I jumped in on Easy and ended up beating the game without using a continue.  I also ran through again and tried some other stuff, but I've frankly gotten bored.  However, if this is a case of being too short of a run (I totally get it, it's only 30 minutes long) that's totally fine.  I'll keep plugging away, maybe try to beat it on Normal again, idk.

Otherwise, @ExHaseo, I guess I'm ready for another game?  I just assuming that's how this works.

Lol, some games are just longer than others. That's why I added the bonus points, to try and balance things out a little bit. But congrats! You get 1 point for beating the game!

Your next game is... Party Hard!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game, and 2 points for the uncommon plat, for a total of 3 points!

I really enjoyed the battle system too. I was kind of disappointed when they changed it to more of a grid-based system in the sequel. It's not bad or anything, but I liked Stick of Truth a lot more.

The collectibles are a bummer. I always advocate for blind playthroughs first, before even looking at a trophy list. I've enjoyed games much more since I've been doing that. It generally takes longer for a plat this way though.

With that one done, your next game is... World of Final Fantasy!

Shame to hear they changed the combat in the second one. Stick of Truth was giving me strong Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door combat vibes.

World of Final Fantasy is one of the only Final Fantasies I have interest in (I already own a physical copy) so I am looking forward to it! Gonna play some other games first though so I am not playing two RPGs back to back.

• Like 1

That's another game finished with the Detroit Become Human platinum. I like the first playthrough, but less for the second run through some of the changes to the story for taking a different path were pretty interesting. I think I prefer Heavy Rain, but thats more because I find hunting a serial killer more interesting than an android revolution.

I'm really for the next game

On 8/17/2022 at 6:23 PM, ExHaseo said:

Lol, some games are just longer than others. That's why I added the bonus points, to try and balance things out a little bit. But congrats! You get 1 point for beating the game!

Your next game is... Party Hard!

So I'm gonna be real.  I...do not like this game.  I think it looks ok, but the actual gameplay is super tedious and boring. I got  trophy for "getting my ass kicked while dancing", which was very accidental.  Am I good to get something else (I'll use a veto if needed)?