PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

NOT JOINING (don't have ps plus :( )

just thought i would recommend STEEP here:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0001-CUSA05526_00-STEEPGAMEEEFIGS1

seems like only base game is on ps plus and DLCS needed to be brought sepraprty

also note that one of the required DLCS (Road to Olympics) has been delisted so you gotta hope to find unused code somehow (probably by asking the public)

• Like 1

I've already committed to AC Valhalla being my next game (cleanup is long overdue and I did a poll that it ended up winning), but am looking forward to Trials after. I was under the impression it was a turn-based series, and am pleasantly surprised to learn that it's not. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 2:04 PM, shxrpay said:

After a long break I’m back in, need a new game as my last one got removed from the service.

Welcome back!

Your new game is... inFamous: First Light!

On 11/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

NOT JOINING (don't have ps plus :( )

just thought i would recommend STEEP here:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0001-CUSA05526_00-STEEPGAMEEEFIGS1

seems like only base game is on ps plus and DLCS needed to be brought sepraprty

also note that one of the required DLCS (Road to Olympics) has been delisted so you gotta hope to find unused code somehow (probably by asking the public)

Thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately, since there's delisted DLC, the existing DLC isn't included, it's an UR, and you're not participating, I don't think it's right to add it to the list. I'm sure it would just get vetoed by basically anyone to gets it too. If anyone does want to check it out though, feel free! It does look like a pretty unique game.

On that note, I've also removed Indivisible and replaced it with Kingdom Hearts, now that the entire series has been added. Sony has also stopped giving notice for games leaving, so if you see something in the list that's no longer on Extra, please let me know so I can remove it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately, since there's delisted DLC, the existing DLC isn't included, it's an UR, and you're not participating, I don't think it's right to add it to the list. I'm sure it would just get vetoed by basically anyone to gets it too. If anyone does want to check it out though, feel free! It does look like a pretty unique game.

On that note, I've also removed Indivisible and replaced it with Kingdom Hearts, now that the entire series has been added. Sony has also stopped giving notice for games leaving, so if you see something in the list that's no longer on Extra, please let me know so I can remove it!

Agreed on Steep, unfortunate with the DLC's since the game looks fun. Seen a friend play it for a couple of hours.

I can check the extra list sometime this week as I got a few days of work due to being sick. 

• Like 1

Trials of Mana done. Enjoyed my time with it, and glad that this thread got me to give it another look since I had initially written it off assuming it was a turn-based game. I don't think it held up for 3 whole playthroughs though, it doesn't change enough to justify that and it got pretty dull by the third one.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 8:54 AM, madbuk said:

Trials of Mana done. Enjoyed my time with it, and glad that this thread got me to give it another look since I had initially written it off assuming it was a turn-based game. I don't think it held up for 3 whole playthroughs though, it doesn't change enough to justify that and it got pretty dull by the third one.

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it. 3 playthroughs of anything tends to be a bit too much, but it seems like they were short at least.

That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat! For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... Final Fantasy VII Remake!

On 11/25/2022 at 4:44 AM, TheZazuku said:

All still included unless I missed one, doesn't hurt to check it from time to time

Thanks for double checking! I'll definitely check it periodically.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:22 PM, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

That gets you 2 points for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 4 points!

And your next game is... Ghost Runner!

Well I was going to start this this weekend but my PS5 bricked in the middle of using it and needs to be sent in for repair.  I'll most likely be without the console for a month and I'll be out $245 in repair costs....not very happy with Sony right now.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:27 AM, WingBingDing said:

Well I was going to start this this weekend but my PS5 bricked in the middle of using it and needs to be sent in for repair.  I'll most likely be without the console for a month and I'll be out $245 in repair costs....not very happy with Sony right now.

That's terrible! Hopefully they at least get it back to you quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy VII Remake done. I had recently finished Final Fantasy VIII, and it had almost put me off the entire franchise as a whole (not just because of that one game though, I hadn't been a fan of any I'd played prior besides Type-0 and the XIII trilogy), but this event got me to give it another chance. And I'm glad I did, because 7R is an improvement on the original in just about every conceivable way, and has actually made me excited about all 3 upcoming FF games next year. Which is quite a feat considering how done I was beforehand, I hope the next part is just as good (and that it'll take some inspiration from Trails in the Sky by not de-leveling the characters like so many sequels do)

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:40 AM, madbuk said:

Final Fantasy VII Remake done. I had recently finished Final Fantasy VIII, and it had almost put me off the entire franchise as a whole (not just because of that one game though, I hadn't been a fan of any I'd played prior besides Type-0 and the XIII trilogy), but this event got me to give it another chance. And I'm glad I did, because 7R is an improvement on the original in just about every conceivable way, and has actually made me excited about all 3 upcoming FF games next year. Which is quite a feat considering how done I was beforehand, I hope the next part is just as good (and that it'll take some inspiration from Trails in the Sky by not de-leveling the characters like so many sequels do)

Congrats! I'm glad you ended up liking it! Square tends to get a lot of hate from old time fans for moving in a more action oriented direction lately, but I like the newer games. I love FFXIV and I thought FFXV was pretty solid. FFVIIR really does a fantastic job of expanding on some of the ideas from both past projects and projects from other parts of the company to create something fun and fairly unique. The attention and care they put into making the game really shows. I'm definitely really excited for the future of the series thanks to this game too. Crisis Core Reunion is pretty solid too, but it is a bit different, being mostly a remaster of a PSP game. I'm sure it'll eventually get added to PS+ like all the other FF games though, so I'm sure you'll get a chance to try it out eventually, if you don't want to pay for it.

Anyway, that gets you 1 point for beating the game, 2 points for the uncommon plat, and 1 point for the DLC pack. For a total of 4 points!

And your next game is... El Hijo!

Also, for those that didn't notice, I've started combining separate games from the same series into a single entry on the list. That way it gives more of a chance to play a new game from the series. I thought it would work better than just individual games in a series. Since many times the randomizer has given a game that someone has already played in a series, when they haven't played others that are on the list. I wanted to give a higher chance for people to play those games, and create a little bit of flexibility. So, for example, if Saints Row pops up, and someone has only played SRIV, they can choose to play either Gat out of Hell or The Third.

• Like 3

Hey I am finally looking to join in after some of the new PS+ additions got in today I recommend Judgment and Yakuza: Like A Dragon  

I don't mind if you pick one of the games that I started (if I have not beaten the main game that is), that might finally get me the courage to go back and beat those games. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 10:23 AM, Yuna4353 said:

Hey I am finally looking to join in after some of the new PS+ additions got in today I recommend Judgment and Yakuza: Like A Dragon  

I don't mind if you pick one of the games that I started (if I have not beaten the main game that is), that might finally get me the courage to go back and beat those games. 

Welcome! They've been added to the list. I've heard good things about both of these games. Maybe now I'll finally have a good reason to give them a try lol.

Your first game is... Stray!

So I had to drop Stray, after getting to a certain point I just got turned off on the game and do not want to continue. From what I played of it though I saw the appeal of the game I just think it was not for me glad I tried it though so I am using a veto and would like to request a new game.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

So I had to drop Stray, after getting to a certain point I just got turned off on the game and do not want to continue. From what I played of it though I saw the appeal of the game I just think it was not for me glad I tried it though so I am using a veto and would like to request a new game.  

I totally understand. I wasn't really into it either. It's neat playing as a cat, but the gimmick isn't really enough for an entire game imo.

Since you tried it, you don't have to use a veto. Vetos are just for if something comes up you just know you aren't going to like, and don't want to even try. For me, that means all racing games lol.

Hopefully the next one is better, which is... Deliver Us The Moon!

35 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I totally understand. I wasn't really into it either. It's neat playing as a cat, but the gimmick isn't really enough for an entire game imo.

Since you tried it, you don't have to use a veto. Vetos are just for if something comes up you just know you aren't going to like, and don't want to even try. For me, that means all racing games lol.

Hopefully the next one is better, which is... Deliver Us The Moon!

I am going to veto, after looking up some videos of it, it just sparks anxiety if I were to play it sorry. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

I am going to veto, after looking up some videos of it, it just sparks anxiety if I were to play it sorry. 

No worries, that's what vetos are for!

Your next game is... Ys IX: Monstrum Nox! You can play Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana instead if you want, just let me know if you do.

44 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

@ExHaseo I'm gonna need to veto Ghostrunner.  I dislike this game ALOT. Mostly hard to play visually but that might just be me.

I totally understand. That's one game I want to like, because I like the overall aesthetic, but being first person and all about fast platforming is a bit too much for me.

And your next game is... Thomas Was Alone! Okay, not really, I just thought it was kind of wild that the game you recommended popped up first. I hadn't seen that yet lol. Your actual game is... Lost Words: Beyond the Page!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

No worries, that's what vetos are for!

Your next game is... Ys IX: Monstrum Nox! You can play Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana instead if you want, just let me know if you do.

I totally understand. That's one game I want to like, because I like the overall aesthetic, but being first person and all about fast platforming is a bit too much for me.

And your next game is... Thomas Was Alone! Okay, not really, I just thought it was kind of wild that the game you recommended popped up first. I hadn't seen that yet lol. Your actual game is... Lost Words: Beyond the Page!

I will do Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, which is perfect because I have been meaning to start the Ys series I will plan on starting it when I finish Kuro because rather not play 2 Falcom games at the same time, and I assume I'm not in a rush to get it beat because this is my own pace thing to finish the game assigned? 

Edited by Yuna4353
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

I will do Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, which is perfect because I have been meaning to start the Ys series I will plan on starting it when I finish Kuro because rather not play 2 Falcom games at the same time, and I assume I'm not in a rush to get it beat because this is my own pace thing to finish the game assigned? 

Yeah no rush. The event is pretty relaxed. It's mostly just to try out new games. The Ys series is fantastic, I hope you end up liking it!

23 hours ago, WingBingDing said:

@ExHaseo I’m also going to veto GhostRunner. Gave it a shot for a couples levels, but it’s just not for me. 

I totally understand. Hopefully your next game is a bit better.

Which is... Bound!