All S-rank(s) after platinum as next challenge?

Thommasz

I adore Cuphead, and since I already achieved 100% on trophies, the decision to go after all s-ranks followed quickly. Is anyone also obsessed enough to undertake this calling?

Sidenote: While trying a few bosses with Chalice, I noticed that time doesn't matter with this character. I finished two bosses with time over 2 min (white text, not gold) and still got an s-rank. Not sure if bug or a feature but the OCD part of me is still going after the "proper" way.

Current progress: Island 1 and 2 are done... heading to the 3rd one.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Thommasz said:

I adore Cuphead, and since I already achieved 100% on trophies, the decision to go after all s-ranks followed quickly. Is anyone also obsessed enough to undertake this calling?

Sidenote: While trying a few bosses with Chalice, I noticed that time doesn't matter with this character. I finished two bosses with time over 2 min (white text, not gold) and still got an s-rank. Not sure if bug or a feature but the OCD part of me is still going after the "proper" way.

Feature not bug under 2:10 it's S Rank with Ms Chalice.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2022 at 10:16 PM, Thommasz said:

I'm 100% going for this in the future. love cuphead, I'm even gonna record it when the time comes. Doing a Doom 2 pistol start, no saves, nightmare run atm so any side projects like cuphead all S ranks will have to wait.

Mad respect for having the will to do something most ppl on this site will never even try for.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I'm 100% going for this in the future. love cuphead, I'm even gonna record it when the time comes. Doing a Doom 2 pistol start, no saves, nightmare run atm so any side projects like cuphead all S ranks will have to wait.

Mad respect for having the will to do something most ppl on this site will never even try for.

Speaking of mad respect... DMC5, Vanquish, and Wolfenstein II platinum? Suddenly Cuphead S-rank feels like a walk in a park :D

• Like 3

On 14-7-2022 at 9:57 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

Yep, I almost got all S ranks on Island 2 now too, but got stuck on Wally Warbles…he’s insanely hard. Though I haven’t tried him with chalice yet

Use the Twin Heart charm. You can still finish within the time limit for S rank even though your damage is decreased. Same goes for Dr. Kahls Robot and Cala Maria. 

11 hours ago, RaemNL said:

Use the Twin Heart charm. You can still finish within the time limit for S rank even though your damage is decreased. Same goes for Dr. Kahls Robot and Cala Maria. 

Yeah, I am using it, but I still end up finishing it in about 2:30. I guess I need to be more aggressive. 

I ended up skipping him and S-ranked all the other bosses, so now he’s the only one standing between me and true completion of this game.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2022 at 8:40 PM, Eternal21 said:

If there's no trophy in it for me, I ain't doing it.

Yeah, I hear you... that's the reason I'm not playing on Switch. But once in a while, there are games I get obsessed over and want to do everything in them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2022 at 7:32 AM, Thommasz said:

Yeah, I hear you... that's the reason I'm not playing on Switch. But once in a while, there are games I get obsessed over and want to do everything in them.

I can relate, cuphead wont be one of them for me bc I just find precision platformers a bit too difficult, they’re not my forte, and honestly I just cant be bothered lately lol But if trophies stop you doing something you wanna do you should prolly retire n start enjoying games again.

I’m currently 300h into my 2nd playthrough of Elden Ring and I’m on a mission to acquire every single item in the game, almost there il finish with 350-400h or so clocked.

I wanted to max everything too but there’s only 8 sombers per run, just having it all will have to do. You gotta enjoy games how you wanna, I take my hat off to anyone who doesn’t restrict themselves to trophies only.

Kudos to anyone who completely S ranks this one too, I can finish it but it’s gonna take some practice, my skills lie elsewhere.

• Like 2