Am I the worst player ever or is this insanely hard?

So even putting every game on zero stars I get my ass kicked regularly. SFii I can't beat the 4th guy.

I thought zero stars is supposed to be an easy mode but damn. I sick so much. Anyone else having huge trouble?

I consider myself pretty good at modern fighting games but these old ones I just cannot beat the CPU...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

No it’s not just you. Sometimes it feels like the ai is sentient. If you’re stuck on SF2 set it to the Japanese version because the US version of SF2 is bugged to be set on max difficulty no matter what it’s been like that since forever so maybe that’ll ease your pain. 

Thanks, that was the issue

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/07/2022 at 6:39 AM, Stig-FD3S said:

So even putting every game on zero stars I get my ass kicked regularly. SFii I can't beat the 4th guy.

I thought zero stars is supposed to be an easy mode but damn. I sick so much. Anyone else having huge trouble?

I consider myself pretty good at modern fighting games but these old ones I just cannot beat the CPU...

I guess you suck. But we all start somewhere before we get better. Try utilizing save states... do damage. save, if you take too much, reload save. Totally bullshit but its there

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, Infected Elite said:

I guess you suck. But we all start somewhere before we get better. Try utilizing save states... do damage. save, if you take too much, reload save. Totally bullshit but its there

In their defense, the SFII on the collection is the bugged version where no matter what difficulty you choose in thr US version it defaults to the hardest.  They patched it the other day so that you can choose the JPN version difficulty though.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Since it was fresh in my mind, I decided to make a video showing the easy way to beat SF2 with Dictator. Not sure how anybody got the idea that English difficulty is max no matter what number you're on. I can assure you, there's a MASSIVE difference between difficulty 1 and 8. 

I did this run on English difficulty 8 just to show proof of concept. English difficulty 1 is way harder, and cheap as hell, than Japan difficulty 1, so this will work no matter how you want to play it.

Ah didn't know it was bugged on the English version. Would explain the difficulty spike. Managed to beat it by just being cheap and save stating each round. 

I think just spam moves and bait the CPU into doing moves. I remember watching a video a while back that the CPU has better frame data for the character they are playing. 

Love old Arcade games!