MonaSaxPayne

obligatory trophy thoughts thread

133 posts in this topic

so this is the cat game everyone was excited about

looks simple enough

personally not too psyched about the speed run trophy.. time will tell how forgiving the time limit is

Ugh! Not happy about the speed run trophy... Seems to go against the idea of the game.

I think it's weird that every game this publisher has (except for The Pathless), the plat is called All Done. I noticed it the other day when playing a few of their games from + Extra.

"Complete the game in 2 hours" is kinda wild. That seems super short. I imagine speedrunners will be able to get it within an hour and a half so it should give plenty of wiggle room.

Looks like a solid list to me - nothing too ridiculous, but also not an ez plat situation. Very appropriate for the game, I look forward to completing it!

Looks like a good list to me, very cute too

34 minutes ago, victorrfuego said:

FINALLY the REAL GOTY is here... Elden Ring and God of War have no shot

Just because God of War came out on PC I don't think it will be there for game of the year. Maybe Best PC Game of the year.

Just now, MAXTHUNDER said:

Just because God of War came out on PC I don't think it will be there for game of the year. Maybe Best PC Game of the year.

The new one that comes out in November, duh.

I actually don't mind the list. I'm sure there will be a way to fudge the 2 hour speed run. Like get to the final chapter of the game and go offline and change the time like a few other speed run type trophies like in Uncharted 4 and also LEGO Dimensions.

1 minute ago, Deadvember said:

The new one that comes out in November, duh.

Oh okay. Maybe call it by it's real name God of War: Ragnarok because God of War did come to PC this year which could be nominated for GOTY.

Speed run trophies are not that bad (imo), the real concern behind it is being a 2hr speedrun... that's rather telling about the actual time to finish the game. I've yet to see a price point but if it's 60$ for a 4-5hr game I'm going to have to wait for a sale no matter how excited I am for this.

1 minute ago, Skurkitty said:

Speed run trophies are not that bad (imo), the real concern behind it is being a 2hr speedrun... that's rather telling about the actual time to finish the game. I've yet to see a price point but if it's 60$ for a 4-5hr game I'm going to have to wait for a sale no matter how excited I am for this.

It’s “free” day one on PSPlus Premium

I fucking hate speedrun trophies.

Looks easy. The Pacifist trophy might be the most difficult.

Posted (edited)

I must have missed it but is it only for PS5?

Edited by JaKMagnus

Speed run trophy... Hate those type of trophies. 2hrs though, game must be very short. Can see why it's releasing on Plus. 

Looks simple enough, but still would’ve got it if it was a 10/10 list. Can’t wait!

43 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

On Steam it has a price of $29.99 USD, with a 10% pre-order discount.

I'd be more than surprised if it wasn't priced the same on PS5.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332010/Stray/

45 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

It’s “free” day one on PSPlus Premium

You are actually the second person I've seen say that. I didn't know it would be free for the higher PSN tiers. It actually makes me worried that the game might not be great... I hope they are just trying to bring people into the ecosystem.