obligatory trophy thoughts thread

MonaSaxPayne

On 7/11/2022 at 9:11 PM, realm722 said:

"Complete the game in 2 hours" is kinda wild. That seems super short. I imagine speedrunners will be able to get it within an hour and a half so it should give plenty of wiggle room.

Speedrunners are crazy, I bet within a year they'll have it down to something stupid like 12 minutes or something.

As someone who has *ahem* no problem doing games fast, the speed run trophy shouldn't be a problem.  We're definitely buying it though, since I guess the haptic feedback makes it feel like the controller is purring in your hands?  Whatever, my wife thinks that's the coolest thing ever, and I'm not about to disagree with that.  Guess I better get routing.  Maybe I'll be the 12 minute tycoon :)

• Like 1

I doubt very much the speed run is going to be a problem, unless the time frame is exceptionally tight which is rarely the case with speed run trophies, if it can be done in 2 hours it's not going to pose much of a challenge for most. Biggest take from the list is the fact that it can be done in 2 hours. Wasn't expecting the game to be huge and I'm sure there's plenty to do outside of main lining the game but it seems short. 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2022 at 1:56 AM, jdizzle0420 said:

I think it's weird that every game this publisher has (except for The Pathless), the plat is called All Done. I noticed it the other day when playing a few of their games from + Extra.

I actually kind of like it. ☺️

11 hours ago, Andre3K1823 said:

I just had my wife help me with spongebob, on here it's rated as a 2/10 I think it's more 4 or 5/10. So I'm not looking forward to more puzzles/platformers at the moment. 

Why would you rate it 4 or 5? I'll be tackling Spongbob soon.

Kind of reminds me of Spyro remastered which people here will have you believe the trophies are easy peasy, but upon inspection you'll quickly realise the people saying that are those who played the original and know what to expect. In reality, there are some tough segments, especially in the first game for newcomers.

As much as I’d like the speed run trophy to be challenging I just know it won’t be they never are they always have so much leniency. I imagine this game will be routed pretty quickly with an all in 1 play through soon enough. I don’t think anyone should be “scared”, if people aren’t gonna play this because of the speed run trophy or consider this to be a bad list because of it specifically you’re just extremely over reacting.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, Skurkitty said:

Speed run trophies are not that bad (imo), the real concern behind it is being a 2hr speedrun... that's rather telling about the actual time to finish the game. I've yet to see a price point but if it's 60$ for a 4-5hr game I'm going to have to wait for a sale no matter how excited I am for this.

They said $29.99 on PSN if you don’t have higher tiers on PS+

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Braid

I'm not a big fan of speed runs (like most people around here), but Braid was easily one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SzzMN said:

As much as I’d like the speed run trophy to be challenging I just know it won’t be they never are they always have so much leniency.

I agree for the most part, however, Amnesia Rebirth has the hardest speedrun trophy I've ever encountered, maybe a worthy challenge for you, I think every1 glitches it because it's that bad!!

Edited by Optinooby

22 hours ago, ToTheEmber said:

To be honest I like the cover image for the Ps4 list a lot better, actually showing the cat and some colours. I've started to get tired of the Ps5 trophy list cover images being a basic black box with white text (Kena being another example). But of course I'll still play the Ps5 version 1f616.png

+1 this! Was really disappointed that the red tile with the cat wasn't the PS5 icon. Very cute cat, looks nicer. Noticing a ton of PS5 tiles are very bland (Ghostwire, Horizon Zero Dawn, Kena). 

12 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

love when people complain about a trophy without the game even being out. Maybe it isnt that demanding. 

Just chill the fuck out and find out for yourselves tuesday or whenever a guide comes up.

On another note, your profile avatar is a 10. Spiritbox are incredible.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I agree for the most part, however, Amnesia Rebirth has the hardest speedrun trophy I've ever encountered, maybe a worthy challenge for you, I think every1 glitches it because it's that bad!!

Thanks for the recommendation! Gonna take a look at this.

• Like 2

Why do already so many people have the game? Isn't the official release next week and it's only aviable online in the psn store right now? ?

EDIT: ok. 24 people right now. But I can't believe those are all review copys. 

trophie list looks fine to me. Also not a huge fan of speedruns, but I think this will be doable

Edited by cybershark91

8 minutes ago, cybershark91 said:

Why do already so many people have the game? Isn't the official release next week and it's only aviable online in the psn store right now? 1f914.png

EDIT: ok. 24 people right now. But I can't believe those are all review copys. 

I think you underestimate how many reviewers/guide writers/journalists/friends of devs/promotion+marketing codes are given out for games. And since this one will be part of the Plus lineup at launch, I wouldn't doubt they're going extra hard as they want to get as many people talking about it as possible as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I think you underestimate how many reviewers/guide writers/journalists/friends of devs/promotion+marketing codes are given out for games. And since this one will be part of the Plus lineup at launch, I wouldn't doubt they're going extra hard as they want to get as many people talking about it as possible as quickly as possible.

In addition to retailers just screwing up shipping / shelf dates. There's always somewhere putting things out a week early, even if it's just some random Walmart in Ohio.

Also I like the platinum times right now for the price range.

Edited by Skurkitty

The review key copies are not that much, for the whole world only 24? 

You have to consider that some journalists who are not trophyhunters hide their accounts or are just not to find on PSNP.(Which is comprehensible, we are often contacted by random strangers in PSN to give our codes or copies away or are being badmouthed for having access early, it's kind of part of the job right now...) I'm from germany and according to PSNP i am the ONLY european reviewer, I share the console with my boyfriend and we both write for a Trophy Website, (this will be the case for lots of keys, sharing with your partner, kid or brother or collegue on the same job) but I don't believe no other editor in Germany or even Europe have a review key.

I understand that it can feel unfair to hunters, but we do worlk for it, and most journalists/editors are not interested in trophies, the ones who have early access and are also interested in trophies are very few.

Just keep looking forward to a fanastic game, the experience should be more important than being the first, I really mean it and it's worth it.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:55 PM, Stardroid said:

Speedrun trophy probably a very lenient time. When I see the allergic reaction some of you cowards have towards it, it's no wonder the front page looks like this!

BZDf5gm.png

On 7/13/2022 at 7:25 AM, Riiszk said:

Finally someone said it. Was going through this thread and was severely disappointed reading all the complaints about a single trophy. 

They won't have fun with the game and learn it to be able to speedrun because it's only worth one trophy, instead they'd spend the rest of the day to 100% the rest of that front page while likely listening to music or podcasts because those games are brain numbingly boring. But hey, why have fun when you can have 22 platinums instead

Yeah, I don’t know. 

I used to PARTAKE in EZPZ threads back when Ratalaika was king, but every time I’ve opened my mouth to say something some butthurt morons go on by and tell me I’m some elitist or some other nonsense. Because I’m somehow gatekeeping others for talking crap about EZPZ games? 

Too many people here are soft. That’s why I no longer make any thread discussing trophies because I get shot down, and I’ve been shot down more times than I’m willing to admit over stupid issues on a niche hobby. 

Seeing +49 upvotes from the first post puts a smile on my face. 

This is the first time I saw this thread. I’m late, as per usual.

• Like 3