How's online for tekken 7 currently?

Sendai-Horatio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I tried to play with someone a little bit ago in a private lobby to boost, but we kept getting connection errors. On my end it'd say he had no signal, but I had full bars...and his end would say the same but in his favor. My PS5 is hardwired, so I know I have a signal. 

We ended up just backing out and not playing. Googling it seems to be a widespread problem with no apparent fix that I could find...not sure what to do. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanna add here, since the game is now on PS+ Extra

I managed to find players on Ranked and Player Matches with not much issue today. Though it is a weekend and more people are naturally playing on weekends.

Finding players on less popular times was a bit of an issue, but doable if you're willing to wait a bit.

Tournaments are an issue though. I did manage to luck out eventually and won against someone that just spammed the same move over and over again, but it doesn't like there's too many new people playing there. Boosting it might be an issue due to it needing at least 6 people to start a match, so I would advise practicing the game before trying them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/05/2023 at 11:17 PM, DeadlyTorture said:

Was thinking of picking this up….but is it possible to still get the tournament trophy without boosting?

Sure is, took me about 5 or so tournaments to get a win (as I'm terrible) but online is still quite active, worth getting it before tekken 8 takes the playerbase.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I started the game fresh over the weekend (August 2023) and was able to get the plat within 24 hours, so the online trophies aren't that big a deal. The only one that might require extra time / effort is the tournament one. It's all luck of the draw, but eventually you'll be up against a newb or cheese a win from someone more experienced.

This might change in January 2024 when Tekken 8 hits, but for now, there's still a decent number of people playing, especially during the weekends.