What do I do now?

tonkie18

Can someone explain to me how I do the speed run trophy? Obviously I understand you have to do it really fast ?

But I’m getting confused with new game plus. I haven’t played many games with that and it really confuses me.

I completed the game on survival with no upgrades. I’ve gone back to pick up collectibles and redo chapters that I missed trophies on (just have one more collectible to get). I’ve upgraded all my weapons. 

But how do I do the speed run and keep everything I’ve already got? Or do I have to start a new game where I left off after the survival run and start not fully upgraded? Or do I start chapter 15 on this new game plus and do a new game plus plus for the speed run? 

Same question regarding akumu. 

Really confused. If you could explain it to me like I’m 3 years old that would be really helpful ? thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks guys I’ll try that tomorrow cause at the minute my play time is saying 19 hours when I’m using chapter select? If I use this save and start on chapter 1 will it go back to 0?

And Whaaaaat?? I have to do akumu with nothing?! ? survival was hard enough with no upgrades ?

• Like 1

Ah so it might be worth doing akumu first? 

I know I can upgrade my weapons while doing akumu, but will I start with nothing. No gel, no upgrades or can I keep everything I have? 

I was hoping I could do a new game plus on akumu. That didn’t sound as daunting ? now I’m frightened. 

On 7/12/2022 at 10:49 PM, tonkie18 said:

Ah so it might be worth doing akumu first? 

I know I can upgrade my weapons while doing akumu, but will I start with nothing. No gel, no upgrades or can I keep everything I have? 

I was hoping I could do a new game plus on akumu. That didn’t sound as daunting ? now I’m frightened. 

Yeah nothing carries over so you start from scratch. 

You start with nothing and you will have to learn to play the game a whole different way cause you won't get near enough ammo or anything your gonna have to learn trucks to take out hole hoards with the drop of a match near hay for example lol but you got this if I can pull it off but fail at killer trophies on dbd but you can then u definitely can pull off akumu :)

It's a nightmare of a difficulty though. (sorry japanese language joke)

Thanks @Taliesin_2943! I appreciate the vote of confidence but my weird DBD killer skills are such an anomaly ? I suckkkk at everything else ? 

I’m just halfway through the speed run and somehow an extra 20 minutes or so has been added to my time. I had issues with my controllers dying. I quickly charged one and then completed the chapter. Assumed that the in game timer would have stopped but that chapter took me so long so I don’t think it did ???‍♀️ 

hoping it won’t affect the trophy and there’s some leeway there. Might get to akumu eventually ?

19 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Thanks @Taliesin_2943! I appreciate the vote of confidence but my weird DBD killer skills are such an anomaly 1f648.png I suckkkk at everything else ? 

I’m just halfway through the speed run and somehow an extra 20 minutes or so has been added to my time. I had issues with my controllers dying. I quickly charged one and then completed the chapter. Assumed that the in game timer would have stopped but that chapter took me so long so I don’t think it did 1f615.png?1f3fc.png‍♀️ 

hoping it won’t affect the trophy and there’s some leeway there. Might get to akumu eventually ?

Lol well your pretty good against actual people so beating a computer should be not nearly as rough lol plus there's lots of videos these days with ways to cheese through

50 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I definitely plan on using those! Definitely loving all the upgraded weapons and stamina. Can’t imagine doing it all again on a harder difficulty with nothing ?

Lol to be fair all of that would be kinda useless cause on akumu it's 1 hit kill they so much as fart in your direction your dead you will for the most part be stealth and speed running everything you possibly can youission is get to the credits at the end collecting anything is taking your life in your hands and you may lose a ton of progress if u die

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

You’re not making this sound fun at all @Taliesin_2943 1f648.png

Lol well akumu is Japanese for nightmare :P

But yeah you definitely got this it's nowhere near as hard these days as it was when it was new. Now there's guides and videos and stuff :)

And once you get through it you can feel extremely proud of yourself for overcoming that nightmare

God's I hope there will be a part 3 and hopefully it gets put out in playstation 

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

Just hoping my temper doesn’t get the better of me ? I’ve got one controller on life support at the minute, all taken apart in the hopes I can blow on something that will make it better ??‍♀️ Hope my other one survives akumu. 

I have really enjoyed this one and will probably give the second shot after a break - as long as I get through the nightmare that is!

Thanks @SairenOne I’m all for this!! Hopefully finish the speed run today and can start the dreaded akumu over the weekend. Would like this game out of my life for a bit ?

Has anyone done the DLC’s? I’ve got them but will probably have a break and go back to it (literally said this for every game) how are they?

34 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Has anyone done the DLC’s? I’ve got them but will probably have a break and go back to it (literally said this for every game) how are they?

I didn’t enjoy the story related DLCs at all. They are pretty easy though Kurayami mode (very reduced lighting) is somewhat annoying to go through. The Executioner DLC was pretty fun. The only hard part is completing Torment #18. The final wave is easily the hardest boss fight in the whole game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

Thanks @SairenOne I’m all for this!! Hopefully finish the speed run today and can start the dreaded akumu over the weekend. Would like this game out of my life for a bit ?

I enjoyed the dlcs a fair amount some parts are definitely tricky but nothing to awful plus I'm rather fond of the cat and you learn a good bit about the female protagonist 

I think the new content might be a breath of fresh air after having the replay the game 3 times and certain chapters over and over. 

yeah I’m not sure whether I like her or not ? she seems dodgy to me so far ?

And reduced lighting? What kind of f*ckery is that ? I won’t like that at all. 

30 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I think the new content might be a breath of fresh air after having the replay the game 3 times and certain chapters over and over. 

yeah I’m not sure whether I like her or not ? she seems dodgy to me so far 1f648.png

And reduced lighting? What kind of f*ckery is that ? I won’t like that at all. 

Lol you find out her motives and it may change how you see her it did me I didn't particularly like her till the dlc gave her a voice and me some insight to what's going on with her