Missile Plant Possible Solo, but Co-op Recommended

Just a heads up for anybody jumping into this game to tackle the online. I only just started playing as I played for 20 or so minutes to get a feel for the controls and sensitivity, so I can't speak from experience here.

Aside from the multiplayer trophies that require another person, the co-op mission Missile Plant requires another player as I've been told you need another player to help Sam and Briggs escape through three sets of closing doors. A post I found on the PST.org forums confirms you need a partner for this mission:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/194771-platinum-difficulty-rating/page/2/

It's not impossible to get the platinum provided you've done all the online once the servers shut. But I can easily imagine that the vast majority of us don't have another person to play couch co-op with. Splinter Cell Blacklist have split screen co-op so most of the actual co-op stuff can be done solo with two controllers. It's just that this particular mission, especially towards the end, is practically impossible to do by yourself.

You guys may want to get this mission out of the way with the online still intact. Better safe than sorry.

EDIT: It’s very possible to solo all of Briggs co-op missions, though this requires a good deal of skill with two controllers. 

Though there’s still a bunch of online trophies that will be unobtainable Sept 1st.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Changed Topic Title
  • Like 2

I recently played through this and I believe missions 2 and 4 both have an escape sequence that would be pretty hard to solo with 2 controllers. In addition to this there r sequences where one player needs to provide cover fire for the other and so on. I would definitely get all the co-op related trophies and collectibles now if u don't have anyone to play co-op with in split-screen when the servers shut down.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, deadmanrising53 said:

I recently played through this and I believe missions 2 and 4 both have an escape sequence that would be pretty hard to solo with 2 controllers. In addition to this there r sequences where one player needs to provide cover fire for the other and so on. I would definitely get all the co-op related trophies and collectibles now if u don't have anyone to play co-op with in split-screen when the servers shut down.

Thanks for the input. Is it just those specific co-op missions? Briggs missions are specifically tailored for co-op.

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Thanks for the input. Is it just those specific co-op missions? Briggs missions are specifically tailored for co-op.

Yeah those 2 missions would be the hardest ones to solo. I did the 3rd mission twice (to get the trophy related to the mission for both of us), and can't remember that particular mission having any sequences that would pose a huge problem solo. However u have to beat the missions in order so it'd make the most sense to play through all of them with a partner while grabbing all the collectibles along the way as well to avoid having to replay them. I believe u can also get the interrogation trophy for both players in one run on mission 3 if u reload a checkpoint/fail the section that follows after one player gets the trophy, something that wasn't mentioned in the guide. This was something I found out on accident during my second run of the mission.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, deadmanrising53 said:

Yeah those 2 missions would be the hardest ones to solo. I did the 3rd mission twice (to get the trophy related to the mission for both of us), and can't remember that particular mission having any sequences that would pose a huge problem solo. However u have to beat the missions in order so it'd make the most sense to play through all of them with a partner while grabbing all the collectibles along the way as well to avoid having to replay them. I believe u can also get the interrogation trophy for both players in one run on mission 3 if u reload a checkpoint/fail the section that follows after one player gets the trophy, something that wasn't mentioned in the guide. This was something I found out on accident during my second run of the mission.

Collectibles shouldn’t be too bad. They’re like Dead Space 3.

Yeah, it's definitely tricky as @MrHealthy said but very possible. I recently did all of it split-screen by myself and escaping the bunker is a bit of a pain to nail down. The only problem was getting used to trying to use two controllers at the same time. Once you attempt it a handful of times though it's not that bad. Just gotta keep going at it. Other than that doing the co-op split-screen by yourself is not that hard.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

I have a question. I lost a collectible in the mission 1. Is necessary do the all misión. Or only i need take the collectible and quit the game?

You can replay a mission up until the collectible and grab it then quit out of the mission and it will save unless you have missed an HVT. Then I believe you'll need to finish the mission or up to the next section of a said mission where it confirms you captured them.

• Like 1

I did mission 1 and 3 solo and ended up queuing with a random partner for 2 and 4 based on this thread but good to know all 4 are technically soloable. Was able to easily find random partners which was a nice surprise as well. You can do the missions on rookie and they pose very little trouble. This game is super easy to get the online done for so if anyone is still on the fence, you should go for it!

• Like 1

Guys are these missions replayable offline? (Ik there's couch co-op, but I mean without internet/server access)
I'm doing them with a friend right now but we just finished a few of the missions, didn't know they had collectibles and misc. stuff as well. Just in case we miss something.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Guys are these missions replayable offline? (Ik there's couch co-op, but I mean without internet/server access)
I'm doing them with a friend right now but we just finished a few of the missions, didn't know they had collectibles and misc. stuff as well. Just in case we miss something.

Yes, you can replay them all offline but i recommend you get everything in Briggs missions with an online co-op partner unless you got a friend to play couch co-op with as i can see managing 2 controllers in those would be quite annoying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoloArarum said:

anyone can help me with the daily challenge it not appearing at my shadownet  somehow  what should i do?

I assume you are online? Anyway it shows for me and its "perform 30 headshots using shotguns" with just over 17 hours left.

• Like 1

I booted up the game and it looks like you can immediately start on dailies. 

Is there some tutorial I have to do first? I didn’t see anything that I could access to start online multiplayer, which I definitely want to get done before the servers shut.

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I booted up the game and it looks like you can immediately start on dailies. 

Is there some tutorial I have to do first? I didn’t see anything that I could access to start online multiplayer, which I definitely want to get done before the servers shut.

You can skip the opening sequence until the game puts you back in control in the Paladin.

You have to access the console table you start in front of. After that, in the top left corner, you'll see press triangle for shadownet

Also from the console, highlight the mission and press L2 (if I'm not mistaken) to go online 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:48 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

You can skip the opening sequence until the game puts you back in control in the Paladin.

You have to access the console table you start in front of. After that, in the top left corner, you'll see press triangle for shadownet

Also from the console, highlight the mission and press L2 (if I'm not mistaken) to go online 

This will help greatly.

Please tell me the 4th mission escape sequence isn't as bad as the Mission Plant one, I spent an hour or more just in that area until I finally pull it off. Stupid stuff on the way makes it a real pain.

Fortunately it wasn't that bad. 

Edited by Deceptrox

On 8/8/2022 at 1:40 AM, Deceptrox said:

Please tell me the 4th mission escape sequence isn't as bad as the Mission Plant one, I spent an hour or more just in that area until I finally pull it off. Stupid stuff on the way makes it a real pain.

Fortunately it wasn't that bad. 

Did you simply tap/hold X or did you rubberband your controller? 

There’s collectibles in the co-op missions that I need to grab too.

Edited by AJ_Radio

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Did you simply tap/hold X or did you rubberband your controller? 

There’s collectibles in the co-op missions that I need to grab too.

I only used 2 fingers for each controllers, for the left stick and to hold the X button. Due to not being able to move the right stick I needed some luck to get the right camera angle when escaping.

It took me several tries, a couple of times one character madd it outside and the other got the door closed on his face.

It feels good it's finally over. The last mission has a small escape sequence which is a piece of cake in comparison to the Missile Plant one.

The guide doesn't say anything regarding collectibles in those co-op missions.

35 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Is co-op accessible from the start or do I need to get to a certain point in the story? How many co-op missions are there?

Co-op is accessible right from the start. I'm not sure off the top of my head but I think it's 4 per operator, so 16 total. 

Edit. Looks like it's 4/4/3/3 so 14 total. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1