The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

50 minutes ago, APeskyAxolotl said:

has anybody else bought one of the "store picks" games and not had it register for the challenge? It gave me 214 points for buying Inscryption but the challenge shows incomplete

I bought inscryption too and I haven’t even gotten the points for it let alone the challenge 

11 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Also for the PS Store picks challenge, will it still count if you insert the physical disc or is Sony just trying to fuck over people who prefer physical media?

It says "Grab your next favorite game! Buy one of these select games from Playstation store". I would say it is digital only...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I played Uncharted 1 Remastered and the October check in challenge hasn't popped for me yet.

Also for the PS Store picks challenge, will it still count if you insert the physical disc or is Sony just trying to fuck over people who prefer physical media?

Just another way they seek to kill the used game market 

14 minutes ago, tonydamiani said:

All this reminds me of the PS Home rewards. People going crazy for something virtual.

And I'm here for it ?

But PS Home was amazing.

Still say it's a perfect time to give that project another shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trojbrown40 said:

So all the games I pre-ordered in September before the Stars loyalty program...I should probably ask for a refund and then buy them again so I get credit? If true, that's going to suck but I guess I want the credit/points to count for something. 

I have many preorders too, so was thinking about doing the same. I wish PSN had an automated bot to get a refund. 

The tracking is extremely strange but my guess is on server issues. For a couple hours I was getting error messages trying to open PlayStation Stars on the app. I’ve played a couple more fighting games and earned some trophies and the only Campaign that has been completed was the monthly check in. However I was not awarded the collectible on top of my Rare trophies not being recognized.  

19 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

0.4 by itself isn’t anything. It needs units. The person who originally brought up 0.4 literally said “0.4 cents”. That’s not the same as 0.4 dollars.

Yes, that means 40 percent of 1 cent. Why “somehow”?

I believe you are taking it too literally when someone said .4 cents. They are saying it as $0.40 I’m sure, not going to do the math if they are correct or not. If they meant .4% of a cent they would have written it like that.

Also when I said “somehow” I meant more like who’s is going to look at .4 percent of a cent for one point worthwhile. 

Edited by BestUsername----

"Sony will reward 10 PS Stars points for every $1 that PlayStation Plus subscribers spend on games."

So every point is 10 cents spent in the PSN Store...

To get Nier automata at 10.000 points you need to spent 1000 dollars in the store

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

It says that, but people have confirmed that random newly earned PS3 trophies seem to be counting and at least one person in this thread stated that starting a PS3 game completed the "play a PS4/5 game" objective for them. It's typical PSN jank.

Ah, so they don't even know what they're doing again. Got it. Thanks for the reply! Everything seems to be geared toward purchases anyway so I signed up and will do what seems easy enough and maybe get something at some point.