The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

3 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

.4 cents is $0.40

Multiply both sides by 10. You're now saying:

4 cents is $4.00

It should be obvious that this is different from saying ".4 cents is .40 cents" which (when similarly multiplied) still holds true: "4 cents is 4.0 cents."

The launch of this program has been awful. No transparency on how things are supposed to work at all, and yet it's still clear things aren't working. What were they thinking??

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I dont have it either, but maybe you unlock more campaigns when you rank up?

I had access to that specific campaign before leveling up.

This is totally a guess, but I'm wondering if maybe it is only available as a campaign for early adopters of the PS3?

Just now, PortaLuna said:

Yeah, I don't have it, but what do you have to do for that campaign?

Strangely you have to play a game on a PS4/PS5 even though you would think it would involve playing something on a PS3.

The challenge part of the campaign was worded exactly like the October check-in one.

• Like 1

loyalty programs always suck, on paper it seems good, get more from your games etc.. cept many of theese challenges and stuff we'll be required to do, will put us in a position of buying games noone wants to boost sales numbers for that game, and the reward will be to get the price of your next game down to what it was previous generation. (but only after you buy 10 games u wouldn't have otherwise).

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

23 minutes ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

Strangely you have to play a game on a PS4/PS5 even though you would think it would involve playing something on a PS3.

The challenge part of the campaign was worded exactly like the October check-in one.

I wonder if I have to log into my PS3 to trigger it, I haven't logged in to it since I think 2019. I had points from a game I purchased earlier and now my balance is zero. I wonder if it's because of a recent refund of a game I pre-ordered prior to the start of the program. I hope it's not going to debit points for refunds that you didn't earn points for in the first place. 

20 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

I wonder if I have to log into my PS3 to trigger it, I haven't logged in to it since I think 2019. I had points from a game I purchased earlier and now my balance is zero. I wonder if it's because of a recent refund of a game I pre-ordered prior to the start of the program. I hope it's not going to debit points for refunds that you didn't earn points for in the first place. 

Hm, not sure. I haven't logged into mine in awhile because it crashed and I had to reinstall everything on it and lost a lot of saves.

That would be a pretty bad oversight if they took away points when you never earned them in the first place though, but I could actually imagine that happening sadly.

Does anyone know how to get the "Hit Play/1994" games to actually register?

I launched all of of them, nothing. Tried relaunching and starting up the game for a few minutes, nothing. From what I find online people say it can take 30mins to an hour to count it, but I was doing this yesterday afternoon and evening. I just want to get all this shit off my hard drive lmao

20 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Does anyone know how to get the "Hit Play/1994" games to actually register?

I launched all of of them, nothing. Tried relaunching and starting up the game for a few minutes, nothing. From what I find online people say it can take 30mins to an hour to count it, but I was doing this yesterday afternoon and evening. I just want to get all this shit off my hard drive lmao

All I did was launch returnal and I eventually got credit for it. It says I only have 16% of the challenge done though so it looks like you need to launch multiple games.

12 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

The problem that you guys are having is that you're basing the point amounts off of the price of a $5 PSN card. 

The most basic and correct answer is that it's 10 points per $1 spent on the store.

That's not the problem at all. You're just computing something different than we were computing. You were computing how many points you get from spending money. We were computing how much money you save from spending points.

If you spend a dollar you get 10 points (your computation). Those 10 points save you 4 cents (my computation). So you get 4 free cents for every dollar you spend (i.e. 4% of your money back).

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

Do the songs challenge's games bought from difference regions dont count? Like I am using JP PSN but the games bought from US PSN. I opened up Heavy Rain and Until Dawn,  waited for almost a day still not counting. Feel like myself played by Sony and wasted lots of time to download.  I have all of them just the versions arent the same as main PSN I am using.  I always buy games from four difference regions but have to be plus member to get credit,  also physicals not getting credits. Their loyalty meaning is like a joke. 

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

All I did was launch returnal and I eventually got credit for it. It says I only have 16% of the challenge done though so it looks like you need to launch multiple games.

Yeah, the games are detroit, uncharted 4, heavy rain, death stranding DC, returnal, until dawn.

launched all of them and nada, going on a day later.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

I had access to that specific campaign before leveling up.

This is totally a guess, but I'm wondering if maybe it is only available as a campaign for early adopters of the PS3?

I made my PSN account in 2008 and people who did it after that got it so that can't be it

18 minutes ago, DawningWolf55 said:

Did you purchase a game? Probably a stupid question but you need to buy a game.

Not a stupid question actually I’ve completed every campaign except the buy a new game because none of the games on that list interest me.. so I’m assuming I’m stuck at level 1 until I make a purchase aswell eh? Swell aha

2 minutes ago, KyleMcLaughlin said:

Not a stupid question actually I’ve completed every campaign except the buy a new game because none of the games on that list interest me.. so I’m assuming I’m stuck at level 1 until I make a purchase aswell eh? Swell aha

Any game counts as that purchase, doesn’t have to be in the list they give you.

also the challenge is broken anyway because I bought Inscryption, got the points but didn’t get the 50 bonus points from that challenge 

• Like 1