The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

I've had no glitches or anything besides instant unlocking, so I will post what worked for me. I've been launching the games directly from the App and by the time the app says "go pick up a controller" or something like that, I already had credit for the campaign. For store picks I purchased the item using the app and got instant credit. 

Your mileage may vary. Also, I'm located in the USA. It sounds like some of the issues may be coming from different regions?

I just got the "This Day is Bananas" campaign as well. And it has a 1 day expiration date.

I'm guessing that possibly this campaign is unlocked 1 day after you reach level 3 in PS Stars.

If anyone else could confirm that would help others that are trying to get it.

Besides that, I still have the issue where the Hit Play/1994 campaign shows as 100% completed for me however it did not award me the Chord Machine and I have not seen anyone else that has run into that issue or have any possible solutions. I did contact PlayStation Support but the agent said they had to escalate the issue and I have not heard a reply back yet. I may reach out to them again in a day or so if I still don't hear a reply.

4 minutes ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

I just got the "This Day is Bananas" campaign as well. And it has a 1 day expiration date.

I'm guessing that possibly this campaign is unlocked 1 day after you reach level 3 in PS Stars.

If anyone else could confirm that would help others that are trying to get it.

Besides that, I still have the issue where the Hit Play/1994 campaign shows as 100% completed for me however it did not award me the Chord Machine and I have not seen anyone else that has run into that issue or have any possible solutions. I did contact PlayStation Support but the agent said they had to escalate the issue and I have not heard a reply back yet. I may reach out to them again in a day or so if I still don't hear a reply.

I am level 1 at the moment and I got the banana trophy without even playing. I just logged in the app, started the playstation 4, and before selecting any game I got the banana. It is the first day of the program in Europe so maybe it’s related.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kefka1986 said:

I am level 1 at the moment and I got the banana trophy without even playing. I just logged in the app, started the playstation 4, and before selecting any game I got the banana. It is the first day of the program in Europe so maybe it’s related.

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps some accounts just got it before others in a kind of roll out by zone to help relieve some of the stress on their servers?

1 hour ago, Kefka1986 said:

So…. I got a banana, and the t rex. The sony chord machine is outside my reach, as I don’t own every game of that list, and the tournament trophy is also a no-no for me, as I don’t have any of those games either (unless any of those games was available on ps4 psplus).

I guess that’s it, our fidelity is rewarded with a banana. So, feel free to watch my banana, and of course let me watch yours too ?

Street Fighter V was on PS+ if I'm not wrong.

31 minutes ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps some accounts just got it before others in a kind of roll out by zone to help relieve some of the stress on their servers?

Not sure, since I don't see the 50 points for buying a game myself..

The sony chord machine feels like something to force us to buy games or subscribe to the PS+ Extra plan.. I have all the games except Returnal in my backlog, mainly thanks to old ps+, but 5 isn't 6, and I didn't want to play Uncharted or Returnal anyway..

1 hour ago, Kefka1986 said:

From Europe, i just checked on ps app to subscribe (first day for us ^^)

So i'm also level 1, i see the banana challenge too, but for me it's not achieved yet, looks like i really need to get a trophy to unlock it ^^'

Not out in UK yet. I had a PS5 update last night. But nothing showing on the app yet? Not like I can do anything til after work.

Anyone who has it, can they confirm its day 1 today or are we playing catch up with ROW?

Edit 

Now on my app. I got MK11 but not reinstalling it again.... Will get 2 off the others tonight.

Edited by RSmark84

9 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Still can't get World Warrior's Challenge to complete for me. On the list, the only game I have is Mortal Kombat 11 PS4. I'll try setting the PS5 version (that it won't let me stream, oddly) for download and see what happens. Some people have said that some games are only registering if it's the PS5 version.

For Hit Play/1994, four games registered right when I hit play, the other two I need to install first. For the Store Picks, a friend was able to unlock it for buying PSO2 (which is free).

World Warrior: I got it this morning for SFV on PS4 (don't on a PS5 due to lack of interest). I have it on disc and not updated, but it still registered. That was on Plus last year, so it might be in your library.

Store Picks: over in the US, Century: City of Ashes is free, so that's that (I bought Hokko though). region list are different? Maybe differs by user? my list was different everyone else.

Banana: maybe Sony is also during dailies and weeklies. Banana showed up this morning around 6am, wasn't there 1am.

I'm not doing c.1994 (returnal is a ps5 exclusive, and i don't have a PS5.)

I fired up my PS3 and Vita, but nothing popped up (there is semi-rumor about a ps3 collectible)

I

Spending digital money into games rewards points in every store that have the stars program active? Or only in specific areas like the US? I read the terms in the spanish store, and the only way to gain points is completing campains and buying specific games (already expired).

I expect nothing and I'm still let down.

Weird loyalty program, pretty much just another collectible add-on, almost never buy digital which means discounts will be non-existent.

I will get the challenges done if I have the games but wont buy anything to finish them.

Also, the tiers seem pointless, you get an extra collectible and priority customer support?

Oh well, its free right?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, POMARANCZA123PL said:

How many points are we getting for a trophy? (Rare and Ultra Rare)

Absolutely zero. There may be future campaigns where you get points for trophies but currently, trophies are only useful for levelling up, not earning points. 

As of now, the only way to earn points is to spend money on games and subscriptions.