The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

13 hours ago, Toxik_Angel187 said:

Just a quick question... has anyone else had trouble completing the "Playstation Store Picks"  campaign? I bought "Inscryption" a few days ago, but I'm still stuck at 0% completion.

It's literally the only collectible I haven't been able to claim yet. I just hit level 4 on Monday, so I don't think I'm too low for it if that was the problem. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

This one is showing up as expired for me. I also own inscryption but bought it at launch. Dunno if/how I can complete this, but I definitely can't unless it stops showing as expired.

11 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Question about Death Stranding Directors Cut PS5: 

Is there a way to avoid auto pop? 

I want to complete the challenge but dont want the PS5 version trophies.

It's should ask you to transfer your save over to auto pop the trophies. You can quick after you boot up the game anyway & then delete the 0% trophy list if you wish. 

I pre-ordered a game today & I got the points straight away. Still no points from previous God of War pre-order. 

Uncharted 4 PS5 didn't work for me, didn't have it completely downloaded, just enough to start the game. PS4 version worked straight away. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think this rewards system is stupid. It’s really just a bunch of participation awards just for logging in and booting up certain games. 

Something like complete this game under said condition would be more rewarding. But that’s why we have trophies. 

I don’t know. Not a fan of it.

Yep I agree. Very disappointed, I expected "real" challenges, like getting rare trophies or getting the platinum on upcoming games (GoW Ragnarok for instance)

Instead, it's just lame NFTs for your app (which I don't trust after one of my dummy account  got hacked few days after I synced it with the phone app) that you get for just playing any game. The rest is pure marketing to push the weaks to buy fully-priced digital game to "level up" ..... After seeing Neymar spending 1 million $ for the NFT of a monkey, nothing surprises me anymore.

• Like 3

This Stars feels like being late of the party when Xbox had avatar items locked behind achievements, but this is just much more worse. 

Also do you really need to to have PS+ (Essentials or higher tier) to actually benefit from this Stars-program? Earn points etc. 

I'm not PS+ member and I'm stuck at level 1. This start to feel like half-rushed thing or whole point is just to show who is the biggest PS-whale. 

27 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Yep I agree. Very disappointed, I expected "real" challenges, like getting rare trophies or getting the platinum on upcoming games (GoW Ragnarok for instance)

Instead, it's just lame NFTs for your app (which I don't trust after one of my dummy account  got hacked few days after I synced it with the phone app) that you get for just playing any game. The rest is pure marketing to push the weaks to buy fully-priced digital game to "level up" ..... After seeing Neymar spending 1 million $ for the NFT of a monkey, nothing surprises me anymore.

I agree fully. I mean cmon, at least put some effort and creativity behind this Sony. 

Oh wait, they’re a multi billion dollar multi national corporation, so never mind.

• Like 1

In regards of games registering as being "played," what I have been doing is opening the PS app on my phone and going to the Stars section. Then I turn on the corresponding game and it updates my progress typically by the time I get to the menu. I have tested this with Heavy Rain (which was only downloaded enough to start), Uncharted 4 (disc fully installed and updated beforehand), and Detroit Become Human (digitally downloaded and updated beforehand). I don't own Until Dawn or Death Stranding but will see if my library has copies and I'll test if a disc with no update works too. (And also complete that challenge.  ?)

So if you're having trouble registering the games, maybe try it with app open.

Edited by da-Noob123

9 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

In regards of games registering as being "played," what I have been doing is opening the PS app on my phone and going to the Stars section. Then I turn on the corresponding game and it updates my progress typically by the time I get to the menu. I have tested this with Heavy Rain (which was only downloaded enough to start), Uncharted 4 (disc fully installed and updated beforehand), and Detroit Become Human (digitally downloaded and updated beforehand). I don't own Until Dawn or Death Stranding but will see if my library has copies and I'll test if a disc with no update works too. (And also complete that challenge.  ?)

So if you're having trouble registering the games, maybe try it with app open.

That is mostly what I did, all ps4.

Heavy rain from partial download [enough to start)  - 9 of 30 GB downloaded

Uncharted 4 from disc

Detroit from psplus download 

Death stranding from original disc (not director's cut or whatever)

Until dawn (free from plus 2-3 years ago, 19 of 40 gb to start)

I just start to the menu for each, let the trophies register, the deleted the trophies (e xcept until dawn and detroit [platted]

Used Street fighter V from non updated disc for warrior.

In US for store picks, century of ages (free to play game) when i "bought" the ps4 or the ps5 version didn't work. Bought Hokko and it unlocked.

19 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I thought the program launched on 10/05? But I guess maybe it started in other regions first?

right. it launched in other areas before the US. cant remember countries but japan might've been one of em.

5 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

Has anyone had issue with the uncharted 4 part of the play it 1994 campaign? Can't get it to acknowledge ice playedxthe game

I did not have any problems with it registering that I played that game. I used a PS4 disc on a PS4.

I did however not get awarded the Sony Chord Machine collectible when I reached 100% for that campaign and I have not found out how to fix that issue yet.

4 hours ago, El_Tigre_Eterno said:

So I Played Some Ps4 games amd Ps5 Games to try to get this Banana For Stars. It Says on app i had over an hour left but nothing unlocked. I tested with what i needed for the Boombox they worked but banana one did not. Had anyone else had this problem?

Yesterday in the evening I got a notification about the new program. My account was made ready to join the program. So I did. Also had 1 hour left for the bananas. I played a quick game of Rayman Legends and at first nothing happened, but 10 minutes later the notification popped that I fullfilled the requirements and unlocked it.

45 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Yesterday in the evening I got a notification about the new program. My account was made ready to join the program. So I did. Also had 1 hour left for the bananas. I played a quick game of Rayman Legends and at first nothing happened, but 10 minutes later the notification popped that I fullfilled the requirements and unlocked it.

So I Guess It Was Just Bugged Glitched Or Something Cuz I Played Destiny 2 For Like 10 Mins And Then Opened Up Random Games. Hurt My Feelings A Lil But I Guess It Is What It Is. Its Expired For Me Now So Go PS Stars

1 hour ago, El_Tigre_Eterno said:

So I Guess It Was Just Bugged Glitched Or Something Cuz I Played Destiny 2 For Like 10 Mins And Then Opened Up Random Games. Hurt My Feelings A Lil But I Guess It Is What It Is. Its Expired For Me Now So Go PS Stars

It's a shame and probably bugged for you. At least there will more digital stuff to collect.