The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

11 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

For the Hit Play/1994 challenge is possible to just stream the game with the Ps+ or I have do download everything?

Streaming it will count for most of the time if you're streaming the right version. Returnal & MK11 (for the fighting challenge) I had to download the PS5 versions since they couldn't be streamed.

Aaaand we gotta have a PSVR for the next campaign. Again, no difficulty related to it, just give money to Sony.

Honestly, I was not expecting a Microsoft Rewards kind of deal, being able to buy stuff just by browsing Bing or playing some random game, but it still feels like a let down. Before its launch I was afraid it was going to be trophies 2.0, getting collectibles for the sake of it, collecting virtual dust on a digital shelf (and thus I was wondering the point of having two such programs). It turned out to be even worse: at least with the majority of games you have to sweat the platinum trophies, up to now it has all been related to spend money. No challenge, no anything. Even unlocking "uncommon trophies": anyone not even trying can knock the level-4 requirement out in like a couple of months simply by playing. And let's not talk about getting credit in order to buy stuff from the store, an absolute joke that requires you to spend more than a 1000 dollars just to get a day-one game. This is no reward program, this is just making people with a somewhat OCD problem throw money their way.

"But it is still new, we have to wait some more for them to improve it". No, I'm sorry but no. Since the internet era we keep getting not-yet-ready-for-release games and services, because software houses can now patch the hell out of their stuff - and people defend them most of the time. We should discuss of the things as they are now, not as how they could become in the future. Sure, we can day-dream about it, but you shouldn't shut up people because they complain about the actual state of things. 

"But it's free", meanwhile to get all the collectables/campaigns and levels in just the first month of the service you would have had to spend 3+ grands between 4 new games, 2 new selected games, 6 games for the songs, and a PSVR. Is that your definition of free? 

And, to end my post, it's seriously another big F-you to loyal customers. To Sony it does not matter if I've been playing since PS2, if I've already spent tens of thousands of euros in their products through the years. I'm just like any last-minute customer: if I'm willing to give them more money right now, great - otherwise who cares.

Edited by matkingdomhearts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fusnix-czech said:

For the Hit/1994 challange,Uncharted 4 not working for me(other games work correctly)i try ps4 disc version/nothing,try ps4 digital version/nothing,try ps5 trial version/nothing.Must buy ps5 upgrade for U4 for it?any clue?

I have the same problem, but I wouldn't buy the upgrade just for the Stars. You don't have any guarantee it will work, after all PS4 should work, as it worked for many others and hopefully Sony will fix it, or maybe it will fix itself, who knows.
In either case, it's just a lousy "digital collectible", and not exactly the coolest one either. Don't spend your money unless you want to play it. Rather give it a rest and try it again next week.

6 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Just to play any game, even not VR. 

Hm, okay. Do you have a VR and have you played any VR games before? I'm wondering if having played a VR game before is a requirement to unlocking that campaign. I just checked with my sister who has a PSVR and has played a PSVR game before and she said the campaign is showing for her.

6 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Streaming it will count for most of the time if you're streaming the right version. Returnal & MK11 (for the fighting challenge) I had to download the PS5 versions since they couldn't be streamed.

I tried for the fighting challenge with MK11 but it didn’t register

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Just to play any game, even not VR. 

That is actually 100% true.
The challenge PlayStation and You: PSVR was completed when I booted up the PS4 version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA • NA, which clearly is no PSVR game.

Also, it is written down in the PS-App entry for this challenge and can be read here in this article from pushsquare.com, that the solution is Play any game (VR or non-VR.).

I just hope that all of you, who are not able to complete the challenge, have actually opened the entry for this challenge on the PS-App and clicked on the Start-button of the challenge, which should be clearly visible in at the bottom of every challenge's entry in the PS-App, before starting a game (And I know that myself and other people also are sometimes forgetting the most basic things :D). 

For the The World Warrior's Challenge, according to one German website (German original link // google web translate to English):

Spoiler

Play an online match in Street Fighter V, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 11 or Tekken 7.

As a reward you will receive a collector's figure of a cute cat.

PlayStation Plus Extra subscribers can complete the quest quite simply, Mortal Kombat 11 is available for you to download from the Games Catalogue.

Premium members can even launch the game via streaming!

For Hit Play/1994, according to the same site:

Spoiler

Here you have to start games matching song hints. These are

Death Stranding: Director's Cut (Baby I Love Your Way x Go West)
Returnal (Stay x Circle of Life)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Mr. Jones x Regulate)
Detroid: Become Human (More Human Than Human)
Until Dawn (Wild Night)

Heavy Rain (Streets of Philadelphia)

All games are included in PlayStation Plus Extra or Premium. 
As a reward you will receive the digital representation of a portable cassette recorder from 1982.

Apart from Death Stranding, Premium subscribers can complete the quest via streaming.

Since The World Warrior's Challenge is still available for 15 days more and the Hit Play/1994 is available for 30 more days in my region, I will check later if what is written in the articles is true or not.

Edited by Geridian
Wording

1 hour ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

Hm, okay. Do you have a VR and have you played any VR games before? I'm wondering if having played a VR game before is a requirement to unlocking that campaign. I just checked with my sister who has a PSVR and has played a PSVR game before and she said the campaign is showing for her.

Seems like they have certain triggers. I didn't start playing PS3 until 2008 so I didn't get the PS3 campaign. I did own a VR on release day, so it probably has something with how early into the hardware's lifecycle you owned the device. 

1 minute ago, Geridian said:

I just hope that all of you, who are not able to complete the challenge, have actually opened the entry for this challenge on the PS-App and clicked on the Start-Button of the Challenge, which should be clearly visible in at the bottom of every challenge's entry in the PS-App, before starting a game (And I know that myself and other people also are sometimes forgetting the most basic things :D).

The issue was not me being unable to complete the challenge because I forgot to hit Start, it was that the challenge does not even show up for me in the first place and I am trying to figure out why that is.

1 minute ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

The issue was not me being unable to complete the challenge because I forgot to hit Start, it was that the challenge does not even show up for me in the first place and I am trying to figure out why that is.

Did you try basic things like:

1. Completely scrolling down the main window, where you see the overviews of all challenges?
2. Closing the PS-app completely by swiping away the app window and then restart the PS-app?
3. Logging in and out of the PS-app?
4. Logging out of the PS-app, uninstall the PS-app, reinstall the PS-app, and log in?

If you tried all this and nothing helps, maybe ask Sony support (Yes, I know that sometimes they are not able to help, but what else can you do?).

1 minute ago, Geridian said:

Did you try basic things like:

1. Completely scrolling down the main window, where you see the overviews of all challenges?
2. Closing the PS-app completely by swiping away the app window and then restart the PS-app?
3. Logging in and out of the PS-app?
4. Logging out of the PS-app, uninstall the PS-app, reinstall the PS-app, and log in?

If you tried all this and nothing helps, maybe ask Sony support (Yes, I know that sometimes they are not able to help, but what else can you do?).

Yeah, I've tried that stuff. I'm going to try playing a VR game on my sister's PSVR and wait a day and see if that unlocks the campaign for me. If it does not I guess I will reach back out to PlayStation support again because I already reached out to them due to not being awarded the Sony Chord Machine even though my app shows that I have that challenge 100% completed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Infernofeuer1 said:

Sorry forgot to mention, downloaded on ps5

Oh well, I will just try again. Danke schon! :]

Edit: Strange :/ Still nothing. I even changed console language and in-game language to Polish. Nothing seems to work with this one :/
Have this strange feeling that it is glitched in PL...

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GAchievements said:

Everything has registered within a couple seconds of starting games for me.

That's how it was with for me with all other 5 games (only had to start Death Stranding DC instead of U4), but Heavy Rain is simply not working. :/

Yeah, it shows normaly as "recent played game" in PS App, but 1994 is not counting it :(

12 minutes ago, Smashero said:

That's how it was with for me with all other 5 games (only had to start Death Stranding DC instead of U4), but Heavy Rain is simply not working. :/

Yeah, it shows normaly as "recent played game" in PS App, but 1994 is not counting it :(

I had to install both versions of heavy rain I have to see which one works as the first install was not counting 

• Like 1