The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

10 hours ago, GamesNosh said:

A shame, but it's specifically a reward for people that have been there from the absolute start. NF56BUq.png

Indeed, but being there at the start of PS3 and being there at the start of PSN aren’t necessarily the same thing. That’s the annoying part. Maybe if it was a PSN reward that would make more sense. 

Edit: also finding it kinda lame they don’t even ask you to play a PS3 game for the challenge. ? Same with the VR one I had. Just asked me to play any PS4/5 game. 

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

I finally got my T-rex collectible even though I had completed the challenge the day stars launched in NA! I guess the site was auto-checking all the challenges or something, as it unlocked when I didn't even have my PS4 on at the moment and I got the notification on my phone.

I have noticed that while most challenges auto-start for you, the ones where you need to buy a game have to be activated yourself. So I wonder for those that bought a game on the list but didn't get your bonus points, did you activate the campaign first?

22 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Yeah so far some of these challenges have been a buggy mess. I live chatted with support to see if they can give it a kick or something but they said they had to escalate the issue and would get back to me by email. They suggested I keep checking the app periodically to see if the 50 points come through. Hopefully this isn't really necessary to do and it'll just come through for everyone eventually but will update this thread if/when it happens for me

Support got back to me and manually added 50 points to my balance. The challenge is still incomplete for me but I do now have an extra 50 points.

7 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I finally got my T-rex collectible even though I had completed the challenge the day stars launched in NA! I guess the site was auto-checking all the challenges or something, as it unlocked when I didn't even have my PS4 on at the moment and I got the notification on my phone.

I have noticed that while most challenges auto-start for you, the ones where you need to buy a game have to be activated yourself. So I wonder for those that bought a game on the list but didn't get your bonus points, did you activate the campaign first?

Yeah even manually activating it, it didn't trigger for me. That being said, I semi regret not waiting a little longer after starting it before buying the game (I waited like 5-10 minutes before buying)

Anyone has an Idea why I'm not going up a level?

I bought 1 game and I had 6 trophies.

Boxes ar ticked and level 1 gauge is full.

I think I met al the goals but still level 1...

It's the first week stars is online in Belgium so do not know if this is normal or not ?. 

15 minutes ago, jorritje87 said:

Anyone has an Idea why I'm not going up a level?

I bought 1 game and I had 6 trophies.

Boxes ar ticked and level 1 gauge is full.

I think I met al the goals but still level 1...

It's the first week stars is online in Belgium so do not know if this is normal or not 1f605.png

Mine were instant levels the best bet is to either wait to see if it updates or contact support. The irony there tho is you get a que jump at level 4 which shouldn’t be the way. But best of luck keep us updated 

• Like 1

My friend just contacted Sony Poland regarding this issue with "1994-Heavy Rain" and it seems that they received already a lot of notifications about this problem.

Seems that PL accounts are affected by some glitch.

Let's see how it will be resolved.

• Like 1

VR challenge unlocked within seconds for me.

Anyone know what the Hell is up with these Ape Escape rewards?

Are these three ones they added since post launch seriously based on The Shining, Brightburn and Funny Games?

Shining I get, it's a super popular movie. Brightburn also makes sense, it's a movie distributed by Sony and they made the monkey look really cool copying the main character; evil kid Superman. Fucking Funny Games though? Such an obscure movie to reference.

If they keep up the horror references, I hope we get a Apey Kruger, Jason Ape-ees, Michael Apers, Apela and BrundleApefly.

13 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Anyone know what the Hell is up with these Ape Escape rewards?

Are these three ones they added since post launch seriously based on The Shining, Brightburn and Funny Games?

Shining I get, it's a super popular movie. Brightburn also makes sense, it's a movie distributed by Sony and they made the monkey look really cool copying the main character; evil kid Superman. Fucking Funny Games though? Such an obscure movie to reference.

If they keep up the horror references, I hope we get a Apey Kruger, Jason Ape-ees, Michael Apers, Apela and BrundleApefly.

It appears they are adding one a day for the last several days.

I have not seen Brightburn or Funny Games so cannot comment on those, but after your comment and looking back I can see the reference to the Shining for the one.

If they do keep releasing more of these hopefully they release more campaigns where you can earn the reward coins as I have no interest in purchasing games/DLC for the sole purpose of having enough reward coins to purchase any of these.

Still undecided whether or not I'll even purchase any of the ones available so far (currently only have enough reward coins to purchase a single one), but will probably wait until the last day they are available to make up my mind in case they end up releasing one that I really like more than any of the ones currently released.

54 minutes ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

It appears they are adding one a day for the last several days.

I have not seen Brightburn or Funny Games so cannot comment on those, but after your comment and looking back I can see the reference to the Shining for the one.

If they do keep releasing more of these hopefully they release more campaigns where you can earn the reward coins as I have no interest in purchasing games/DLC for the sole purpose of having enough reward coins to purchase any of these.

Still undecided whether or not I'll even purchase any of the ones available so far (currently only have enough reward coins to purchase a single one), but will probably wait until the last day they are available to make up my mind in case they end up releasing one that I really like more than any of the ones currently released.

I'm UK and it's been the same 4 the entire time, not seen anything new apart from them adding a couple of buyable games to the list.

Also, anyone know if the 50 point challenge is supposed to work if you bought a game on the list prior to the challenge? I already own inscryption and have no interest in the other listed games.

3 hours ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

I'm UK and it's been the same 4 the entire time, not seen anything new apart from them adding a couple of buyable games to the list.

Also, anyone know if the 50 point challenge is supposed to work if you bought a game on the list prior to the challenge? I already own inscryption and have no interest in the other listed games.

US here and when the program launched here there were only 2 to buy, now there are a total of 5 showing for me (for the last 3 days a new one was added each day).

In regards to the 50 point challenge for purchasing a game, it is not retroactive.

There was another 50 point challenge available for me called PS VR BRB, which involved just playing a VR game from a list of a select few (counted even if you already owned the game previously).

1 hour ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

Screenshot-20221021-003334-PS-App.jpg

Here are the new Ape Escape rewards on the US app.

-Generic girl monkey

-Generic gondola driver

-The Shining, the little kid Danny rides around on a three wheel throughout the hotel (they semi-copied the rug pattern too) and they call the collectible "Rummy" as a play on both the name Danny and the phrase he utters during the movie "REDRUM".

-Brightburn, he has the striped shirt and tattered red cape while floating in a similar pose much like can be seen on the movies poster and he has the glowing red eyes which can be seen better on other posters that have close-ups of the characters face, been a while since I saw the movie so I don't know what the "Iggy" name is a reference too.

-Funny Games, a German horror film that was recreated later by the same German director/writer for western audiences, I assume the name of the collectible Hans is in reference towards the last name of the German director/writer responsible for both films; Michael Haneke, while the name Hans itself is also a common first name in Germany. The monkey is dressed like the two antagonist characters.

On 10/18/2022 at 0:32 AM, VeldinX said:

Edit: also finding it kinda lame they don’t even ask you to play a PS3 game for the challenge. 1f602.png Same with the VR one I had. Just asked me to play any PS4/5 game. 

I'd be interested to know if they can even properly track PS3/Vita usage at this point. PS3 games were counting for PS4/5 challenges, yearly wrap-ups were showing PS3 activity over other results. PSN jank has always existed, now it's just getting whacky.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VeldinX said:

“Generic” …Pink monkey is one of the main characters in Ape Escape 2 as she’s one of the bosses. 1f602.png

I never actually really played the sequel (besides booting it up to test performance on the PS5) but it appears the gondola monkey is also from Ape Escape 2.

I'm more excited for these cross-over horror apes. Sucks the new one just came out and we'll have to wait a few days or even a week to see what they do for the next one.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:08 AM, da-Noob123 said:

In regards of games registering as being "played," what I have been doing is opening the PS app on my phone and going to the Stars section. Then I turn on the corresponding game and it updates my progress typically by the time I get to the menu. I have tested this with Heavy Rain (which was only downloaded enough to start), Uncharted 4 (disc fully installed and updated beforehand), and Detroit Become Human (digitally downloaded and updated beforehand). I don't own Until Dawn or Death Stranding but will see if my library has copies and I'll test if a disc with no update works too. (And also complete that challenge.  ?)

So if you're having trouble registering the games, maybe try it with app open.

Alright, I tested using a disc with no patches downloaded and it registered me playing 7nt8l Dawn and Death Stranding without issue. 

Again I had the PS app open and it registered pretty much right away.

So earning 5 plats, multiple rare trophies etc, my level didnt move once. Soon as i spent something on the psn store i went to level 2. I spent 37 quid though and got 183 points. In comparison you need 1250 for a 5 pound reward, so around 350 to 400 pounds spent to make a fiver. Playstation - for the payers. This crap is most definately not a rewards scheme, its a scam designed to trick players into spending more money for so called rewards. Its already confirmed that buying disc purchases wont unlock the challenges, only ps store purchases. 

So I've completed the purchase two full games thing, (Superhot vr & Resident Evil Village) but the app hasn't updated. How long does it usually take to update?

EDIT:

Nevermind it updated when I bought the winters expansion dlc for RE8.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

Is the program still alive?

Even fanboys should agree, that this whole thing is very boring and definitely have not this „Come back everyday and checkout whats new“-feeling.

In my opinion it needs game rewards, you can’t get anywhere else.

Not in store or whereever.

But this spend 1000USD to get a game you can get for 20-50USD anyway is BS.