The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

Not a fan of the collectibles requiring you to play every game on the list. Was going to load up MK11 to grab the fighter collectible, then read I needed to play all 4 games on the list. That's a lot of assuming on Sony's part that I own each unique game they throw on a list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

Not a fan of the collectibles requiring you to play every game on the list. Was going to load up MK11 to grab the fighter collectible, then read I needed to play all 4 games on the list. That's a lot of assuming on Sony's part that I own each unique game they throw on a list.

It's enough to start one of the games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

Fighting only requires one of the games not all of them

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

For some reason the fighting game challenge won't trigger for me. Been streaming MK11 several times and it's just not working...might try one of the other fighting games I guess

I downloaded the ps5 version of mk11 and it worked for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karrde80 said:

It's enough to start one of the games.

1 hour ago, DawningWolf55 said:

Fighting only requires one of the games not all of them

Really? I was reading how they work while installing it and everything I read said you had to check off all 4 games. I should have just tested it regardless, but I cancelled the install.

Is it the same for hitplay/1994? If it is I'll assume all of them going forward only requires one of the games. I appreciate you two!

Edited by Skurkitty

5 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Really? I was reading how they work while installing it and everything I read said you had to check off all 4 games. I should have just tested it regardless, but I cancelled the install.

Is it the same for hitplay/1994? If it is I'll assume all of them going forward only requires one of the games. I appreciate you two!

Fighting game challenge required only 1 game, hit play required all of them but if you have premium everything but death stranding and returnal can be streamed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Fighting game challenge required only 1 game, hit play required all of them but if you have premium everything but death stranding and returnal can be streamed

Hrm... okay thank you for the clarification!

I do wish the descriptions were more clear, they could easily put requirements (complete 1 of 4, all 4, etc).

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3

Something I noticed happened is I did not get points for purchases if it was part of multiple item cart. Only credit for one. Oddly the tracker for game purchases increased correctly but points were not awarded.

Transaction 1: Two games. Both counted towards game purchases toward the next level but points given for only one.

Transaction 2: 4 pieces of DLC. Points given for one.

Has anyone else had problem with points not awarding if have multiple items in your cart? Would suck if you have to buy everything one by one if you want points for all of them.

I was on hold with PS support but it disconnected so I’ll keep trying and report back if something changes.

Edit: Tiffany G. from support said she reviewed the items and yes, I did not receive points for all purchases. She will escalate case for review and asked if I had any more questions but then the chat glitched out and I couldn't respond back. We shall see.

Edit 2: They credited about a third of the points that was missing. Meh, that’s Sony for ya sometimes.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fanatico1981 said:

Is the program still alive?

Even fanboys should agree, that this whole thing is very boring and definitely have not this „Come back everyday and checkout whats new“-feeling.

In my opinion it needs game rewards, you can’t get anywhere else.

Not in store or whereever.

But this spend 1000USD to get a game you can get for 20-50USD anyway is BS.

I agree entirely. It's just spending a bunch of money for.... minimal reward.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zemiguelreis said:

I am in the "waiting list". All of my friends have already a level. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Will probably lose a few rewards because they will expire which is kinda unfair :x

Same here. I got put on a waitlist and was told it would be up to two months before I join. It said some crap about rolling out the loyalty program would provide a better experience. It definitely doesn't to the people on the wait list who could be earning points right now and for no given reason have been prevented from doing so while everyone else can plough on.

This may have already been mentioned somewhere in the previous 22 pages, but in case it hasn't (and for people joining the thread now), I can confirm that earning PS3 rare and above trophies DOES count towards advancing your level. I'm currently playing Ratchet: Deadlocked on PS3 and made a point of noting the number of rare trophies the Stars program showed for me, then checked again after earning a rare trophy in that game. Sure enough, my tracked number went up by one.

I don't have a Vita to test those trophies, but since trophy lists contain games from every platform and the Stars program seems to be tracking newly earned trophies based on rarity alone, I would imagine Vita trophies count as well. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

In theory playing a game on PS4 or PS5, but I played a game on PS4 and didn't get the "prize".

Same here. Some people are getting the prize just right after starting PS App, without even booting the console :P.

Edit:Got it out of nowhere 6 h later despite the fact that console was off. 

Edited by Smashero

55 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Same here. Some people are getting the prize just right after starting PS App, without even booting the console :P.

This happened to me this morning. It's been about 2 days since i played a game, but there you go.

Of course i got screwed over getting no points for purchasing RE8 in the sale.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG