The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

Don't know if this has been asked already, but I didnt see it.

Has anyone dealt with a campaign completing, like the Cinasnail one, but the collectible not appearing in your list?

Cometed the campaign last night, shows 100%, but I dont have access to the collectible to show for it.

I find it funny how I’m getting a bunch of points for buying all that Shovelware crap :hmm:. My overall points went from 267 to about 500 from just $25 worth of cheap games. But I’m taking advantage of it so I can get myself more PSN money and just continue milking the points :popcorn:. Sony really should’ve thought this through before giving out points for any purchase, big or small imo.

10 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Don't know if this has been asked already, but I didnt see it.

Has anyone dealt with a campaign completing, like the Cinasnail one, but the collectible not appearing in your list?

Cometed the campaign last night, shows 100%, but I dont have access to the collectible to show for it.

I have it happened to me with the snail also

I have no intention of getting any trophies for Mortal kombat 11, but I have the game for free from ps plus extra so I thought I'd fire it up to complete the fighting game challenge and what do you know it didn't work. This seems so hit and miss at the moment what counts and what doesn't.

58 minutes ago, SavedByBlood17 said:

I have it happened to me with the snail also

My phone randomly just alerted me that the campaign was 'completed' again and the collectible is there in the list and I am able to add it to my display case.

I guess something triggered or the app did a check? I'm really not sure.

For reference the app previously told me the campaign was complete around this time yesterday

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I find it funny how I’m getting a bunch of points for buying all that Shovelware crap :hmm:. My overall points went from 267 to about 500 from just $25 worth of cheap games. But I’m taking advantage of it so I can get myself more PSN money and just continue milking the points :popcorn:. Sony really should’ve thought this through before giving out points for any purchase, big or small imo.

Redeeming 20$ of store credit costs 5000 points. That means you'd have to buy 500$ of shovelware to be rewarded with a 20$ game, which comes out to a conversion rate of 4 cents per dollar spent. Who's taking advantage of who, exactly?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Redeeming 20$ of store credit costs 5000 points. That means you'd have to buy 500$ of shovelware to be rewarded with a 20$ game, which comes out to a conversion rate of 4 cents per dollar spent. Who's taking advantage of who, exactly?

You could literally sit on your arse, do nothing, like literally nothing.

And then suddenly BOOM!

"Ooooooh a $40 dollar game I want is now half price sale at $20!!"

Not only did you save $20, but you also saved $500 as well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

My phone randomly just alerted me that the campaign was 'completed' again and the collectible is there in the list and I am able to add it to my display case.

I guess something triggered or the app did a check? I'm really not sure.

For reference the app previously told me the campaign was complete around this time yesterday

Same I have it now also idk this program is so glitchy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I find it funny how Sony found out a way to get you to spend $25 on shite and think you got a great deal. You're genuinely proud aren't you and thinking it's SONY that lost out and not you? lol

Sounds like Sony did think it through. I wonder how much popcorn Sony can buy with $25 :popcorn:

Maybe so, but hey, power to both sides I guess since both the gamer and Sony are getting their values worth out of this whole program. I was just saying that Sony had given themselves a low blow when their stores are flooded with cheap games about every week.

Btw, I never said I’m proud about it (that’ll make me look like an ass for saying so), but I’m certainly not gonna complain about it either if it benefits everyone. I was just speaking my opinions on how you could literally farm easy points for just buying anything and everything, which I personally find much better than Sony Rewards imo. But who am I to judge? I’m surely not the first person to be called out or confronted on their opinions about Shovelware and I know I won’t be the last.

10 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

That pretty much sums up my point. A hardcore gamer or trophy hunter would be the ones taking advantage if they were to buy nothing but shovelware. But the most important aspect to remember is it’s their money, so Sony is still getting their moneys worth (like me). It’s more of a win-win situation if you ask me.

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123

36 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

That pretty much sums up my point. A hardcore gamer or trophy hunter would be the ones taking advantage if they were to buy nothing but shovelware. But the most important aspect to remember is it’s their money, so Sony is still getting their moneys worth (like me). It’s more of a win-win situation if you ask me.

That's still not taking advantage of the system, though. If anything, if you're buying games specifically to 'take advantage' of the reward system, you're being played. Sony gets however much extra cash from you and all they have to do is dangle a 4% cash back stick in front of you.

I also fail to see how purchasing shovelware makes any difference. 60$ spent on a brand new release is the same amount of money as 60$ spent on trophy spam.

3 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

That's still not taking advantage of the system, though. If anything, if you're buying games specifically to 'take advantage' of the reward system, you're being played. Sony gets however much extra cash from you and all they have to do is dangle a 4% cash back stick in front of you.

I also fail to see how purchasing shovelware makes any difference. 60$ spent on a brand new release is the same amount of money as 60$ spent on trophy spam.

That’s fair now that I think about it. The only thing I really get out of it is satisfaction. It is what it is, I guess.:dunno:

5 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

A hardcore gamer or trophy hunter would be the ones taking advantage if they were to buy nothing but shovelware. But the most important aspect to remember is it’s their money, so Sony is still getting their moneys worth (like me). It’s more of a win-win situation if you ask me.

You remind me of someone here, not sure who, who was posting status updates about doing several back to back 12 hour shifts and instead of complaining about it seemed very proud of it.

Despite it begin reckless and being taken advantage of by his employer.

It's one thing to be taken advantage of, but being proud of it is another thing.

Sony already managed to make people an addict using their trophy system collecting things that don't exist in this world, now there's an extra layer added making it even harder to stop, buying trophies which then gives you a bit of money (PSN credit only, so not real money) to give you more opportunity of getting even more trophies.

Well, your gain I guess.....and if you're happy about it, good for you mate! :)

8 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I've tried like 5 different games and this stupid snail isn't unlocking...?

Try launching a game through the app itself. Make sure your PlayStation is in rest mode, and go into the app to turn it on. I find that PlayStation Stars can read everything I do if I use the app to do it. I know it can be annoying... but if nothing else is working, you might as well give it a shot. 

Let us know how you make out. 

11 minutes ago, Toxik_Angel187 said:

Try launching a game through the app itself. Make sure your PlayStation is in rest mode, and go into the app to turn it on. I find that PlayStation Stars can read everything I do if I use the app to do it. I know it can be annoying... but if nothing else is working, you might as well give it a shot. 

Let us know how you make out. 

I don't think this is an option with PS4 as far as I know, but I'm wondering if there's just an affinity to the PS5 where these challenges work with PS5 only despite it saying PS4/PS5. Seems to be the case in my opinion

38 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

launch the game with the app open, then close the app and restart it, snail should unlock once you hit campaigns or the bell icon..

Nah this didn't work for me unfortunately. I tried all kinds of different combinations of actions with no effect. Some people were reporting that simply opening their app without even launching a game made the snail unlock so it's extremely hit or miss...

Anyways it's expired now (at least for me) so all this accomplished was making me crave Cinnabon lol