The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

I played Mortal Kombat 11 for an hour yesterday - didn't get the related reward.

At least got 2/4 for playing with remote app on my mobile.

So what I understood from previous posts seems that this crap is randomly bugged for everyone.

And of course Playstation Poland is totally ignoring the inquiries related to bugged 1994 and "Heavy Rain"... Bunch of morons... 

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

I played Mortal Kombat 11 for an hour yesterday - didn't get the related reward.

At least got 2/4 for playing with remote app on my mobile.

So what I understood from previous posts seems that this crap is randomly bugged for everyone.

And of course Playstation Poland is totally ignoring the inquiries related to bugged 1994 and "Heavy Rain"... Bunch of morons... 

Are you using an android or iphone?

Also when you did your 5 minute+ remote play, did you use the setting menu and press "disconnect" or did you look at the PS App first? 

Trying to see if there's anything special you did to allow your bar to get progress whereas mine did nothing after 3 attempts.

1 minute ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Are you using an android or iphone?

Also when you did your 5 minute+ remote play, did you use the setting menu and press "disconnect" or did you look at the PS App first? 

Trying to see if there's anything special you did to allow your bar to get progress whereas mine did nothing after 3 attempts.

Android.

I started PS APP, then PS Remote app, connected to PS5, started MK11, entered the menu, played one fight and left it idle in the menu. Quit game after ~10 mins and checked the PS App - it counted.

2 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Android.

I started PS APP, then PS Remote app, connected to PS5, started MK11, entered the menu, played one fight and left it idle in the menu. Quit game after ~10 mins and checked the PS App - it counted.

I wonder if it is only counting using Remote Play through a PS5. I really hope that's not the case though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is like this...

That would be absolutely terrible if it's the case. I guess if we can get confirmation from someone then maybe I'll make a trip to my buddies house on Friday, log into my account, and test it out to confirm...

/edit: Was able to fix the issue with the Remote Play challenge not registering progress. 

Solution: PS5 settings -> User and Accounts -> Privacy -> Data You Provide -> Make sure, that this setting is set to Full and not to Limited.

Source: 

+++++++++++

Original post:

In my case neither Remote Play app on PC or Android was registered for the challenge (Was using Remote Play to connect to my PS5), while a person on Reddit wrote that the Remote Play app on IOS devices was registered for the challenge progress.

Just look at other reddit topics for this challenge. Many people have problems with this challenge and nothing works: 

Edited by Geridian
Changed text

16 minutes ago, ChecoMayor said:

So how do you get the Playstation Eye campaign?

It seems you must have played a PS3 game compatible with the device in the past. You don't have to have used the Eye actually though. Some suggest games with a small camera component like Burnout Paradise (PS3) work.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

What I have tried for the Remote Play Challenge but did not work:

-VitaTV Remote Playing non-primary PS4

-Remote Play App on Mobile over Mobile Network for primary PS4

Okay, so an update:

I have now also tried the Windows 10 PC Remote Play App to Remote Play my Primary PS4 over the internet which still did not work.

As a side note, the PC Remote Play experience is the worse so far. It requires that my controller be connected via USB at all times and there is no sound unless you use headphones????

17 minutes ago, Chaos-Angel_ said:

Hello. I just wanted to confirm that the android app does works for the remote play campaign. I only used the android app on my PS5, and I loaded my save file of Ape Escape and just played in the Hub world. I got the confirmation a few minutes latter.

Hi, did you just use the generic PlayStation App (same app you can see the stars campaign) or did you use the Remote Play App?

Also did you do this over the internet or over local wi-fi?

Just trying to figure out what exactly might work for me as I am struggling to get it to register for me after trying a number of ways.

19 minutes ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

Okay, so an update:

I have now also tried the Windows 10 PC Remote Play App to Remote Play my Primary PS4 over the internet which still did not work.

As a side note, the PC Remote Play experience is the worse so far. It requires that my controller be connected via USB at all times and there is no sound unless you use headphones????

Hi, did you just use the generic PlayStation App (same app you can see the stars campaign) or did you use the Remote Play App?

Also did you do this over the internet or over local wi-fi?

Just trying to figure out what exactly might work for me as I am struggling to get it to register for me after trying a number of ways.

I used the same wifi for my phone and my PS5. I also used the separate PS Remote Play App and not the normal playstation app. It was a horrible experience, so I didn't push the game at all, but it did work.

Just now, Chaos-Angel_ said:

I used the same wifi for my phone and my PS5. I also used the separate PS Remote Play App and not the normal playstation app. It was a horrible experience, so I didn't push the game at all, but it did work.

I guess I will try using the Remote Play App on Android on my primary PS4 on the same Wi-Fi network here in a bit then. Thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

It seems you must have played a PS3 game compatible with the device in the past. You don't have to have used the Eye actually though. Some suggest games with a small camera component like Burnout Paradise (PS3) work.

No. I started this task, booted MK11 on PS4 - pling, got it.

It is same like it was with VR campaign. All those items (VR, eyecam and maybe some other in the future) doesn't matter at all it seems. They are like "story background".

All you have to do is just play whatever.

No. I started this task, booted MK11 on PS4 - pling, got it.

It is same like it was with VR campaign. All those items (VR, eyecam and maybe some other in the future) doesn't matter at all it seems. They are like "story background".

All you have to do is just play whatever.

Yeah, but in order to get the campaign you may have to have played a game with PS Eye functionality in the past. The campaign doesn't even show up for everyone. 

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Yeah, but in order to get the campaign you may have to have played a game with PS Eye functionality in the past. The campaign doesn't even show up for everyone. 

AAAAH, pardon! That what you meant and actualy that was the question, just read more carefully, pardon!

34 minutes ago, SiC said:

Still no luck with the Remote Play task.

notebook - PS4, phone - PS4 (same and diff. network)

11 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Remote play campaign is buggy AF. Doesn't register at all.

Seems to be "a bit" bugged on PS4; Works just fine on PS5+Android.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

For the new fighting collectible do you need to play all of the games on the list or just pick one of them?

46 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Remote play campaign is buggy AF. Doesn't register at all.

I'm having problems with this one two. I used the remote play feature yesterday for more than 10 minutes and it did not register at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

For the new fighting collectible do you need to play all of the games on the list or just pick one of them?

No, just one. Played MK11 on PS5 (PS5 version) got it immediately after booting. With PS4 version on PS5 didn't work at all.

Edited by Smashero
Ninja'd...
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Smashero said:

AAAAH, pardon! That what you meant and actualy that was the question, just read more carefully, pardon!

Seems to be "a bit" bugged on PS4; Works just fine on PS5+Android.

Tried several times with Mac app, Win app and iOS app. No success. I don't own an Android phone.

EDIT: PS5, haven't tried PS4.

5 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

I'm having problems with this one two. I used the remote play feature yesterday for more than 10 minutes and it did not register at all.

Just one of them. Starting into the main menu is enough, no need to actually play the game.

Edited by proud2bNs