The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

2 minutes ago, Infernofeuer1 said:

Just one 1f603.png

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

No, just one. Played MK11 on PS5 (PS5 version) got it immediately after booting. With PS4 version on PS5 didn't work at all.

2 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Just one of them. Starting into the main menu is enough, no need to actually play the game.

Thanks for clearing that up. I only have Tekken 7 from that list so I will try it out when I get home. Hopefully it will register with no issues.

• Like 1

I completed this month fighter campaign the same way I did last month: SFV original disc on my PS4.

As for remote play, I tried with my Vita to my PS4 (opened Hoko life and let it sit while I got ready for work). Didn't register in stars at all.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Simply playing a game in November isn't registering. Literally playing Dying Light 2 as we speak and played it yesterday. 

You might need to play a different game. I had been playing Hokko Life yesterday and switched to Street fighter V and then November popped for me. 

10 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

You might need to play a different game. I had been playing Hokko Life yesterday and switched to Street fighter V and then November popped for me. 

It finally popped a little bit ago. That one and the PS Eye one popped for me at the same time. 

Hello. I am just throwing this out there. I don't have the campaign "You did it! You defeated Phrike". I own a physical copy of the game and never played it before. I wanted to get that astronaut collectable, so I went to defeat the first boss. It took two days but I bet the boss yesterday (11/3/22). 24 hours later, I still have not received the campaign. I'm not sure if this is another glitch, you need the Returnal platinum trophy, or you needed to have that trophy before November 1st. Either way, I don't like this aspect of the stars app. I will update this forum if anything new comes up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Anyone manage to get the Remote Play campaign work for PS4 yet?

I've tried every single day usually playing around 10 minutes and still nothing :( 

same here. Not sure what’s wrong with that campaign. Some people managed to get it other got affected by an invisible barrier or something 

1 hour ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Anyone manage to get the Remote Play campaign work for PS4 yet?

I've tried every single day usually playing around 10 minutes and still nothing :( 

Nope, i've tried everything, including using a Vita and the Windows 10 program. Playing games, playing demos, doing stuff/doing nothing in the dashboard...

This possible solution is only working for PS5 users, sorry people.

Was able to fix the issue with the Remote Play challenge not registering progress (Play Wherever challenge).

Solution: PS5 settings -> User and Accounts -> Privacy -> Data You Provide -> Make sure, that this setting is set to Full and not to Limited.

/edit Sometimes challenge progress is only registered when you actively end the Remote Play connection and wait 10 to 15 minutes. It's all about telemetry and patience. ?

Source: 

/edit2 Also use this as a guide if you still encounter issues with this challenge:

My guess is that Sony depends very much on telemetry for PS stars.

Edited by Geridian
Text - /edit and /edit 2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

But they're set as Full even on my Remote Play program on PC, and from PS App...

Does that setting exist on PS4? Or the Account Management section of the PlayStation website?

The setting which can be changed to full or limited only exists on PS5.

Even the account settings page you can access when logging into your account in the normal PS store page (should be the same as the Account Management section of the PlayStation website) -> then clicking on account settings -> clicking on privacy settings, only lists this as a PS5 only setting.

What also worked best for many people was the thing I linked in my /edit2.

Maybe you need to change other privacy settings on PS4 or older to get this to work, or Sony simply has not checked that the challenge can be completed on PS4. Who knows?

39 minutes ago, Geridian said:

The setting which can be changed to full or limited only exists on PS5.

Even the account settings page you can access when logging into your account in the normal PS store page (should be the same as the Account Management section of the PlayStation website) -> then clicking on account settings -> clicking on privacy settings, only lists this as a PS5 only setting.

What also worked best for many people was the thing I linked in my /edit2.

Maybe you need to change other privacy settings on PS4 or older to get this to work, or Sony simply has not checked that the challenge can be completed on PS4. Who knows?

Well in that case... f**k them. I hate those "secret" requirements, like being forced to redeem the upgrade for FF7 Remake and What Remains of Edith Finch exclusively through a PS5 wasn't enough!

7 hours ago, Geridian said:

This possible solution is only working for PS5 users, sorry people.

Was able to fix the issue with the Remote Play challenge not registering progress (Play Wherever challenge).

Solution: PS5 settings -> User and Accounts -> Privacy -> Data You Provide -> Make sure, that this setting is set to Full and not to Limited.

/edit Sometimes challenge progress is only registered when you actively end the Remote Play connection and wait 10 to 15 minutes. It's all about telemetry and patience. 1f604.png

Source: 

/edit2 Also use this as a guide if you still encounter issues with this challenge:

My guess is that Sony depends very much on telemetry for PS stars.

Thanks, to validate PS5

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 9:32 PM, Chaos-Angel_ said:

Hello. I am just throwing this out there. I don't have the campaign "You did it! You defeated Phrike". I own a physical copy of the game and never played it before. I wanted to get that astronaut collectable, so I went to defeat the first boss. It took two days but I bet the boss yesterday (11/3/22). 24 hours later, I still have not received the campaign. I'm not sure if this is another glitch, you need the Returnal platinum trophy, or you needed to have that trophy before November 1st. Either way, I don't like this aspect of the stars app. I will update this forum if anything new comes up.

I’m in the same boat as you! Hadn’t played Returnal, bought the game and beat the first boss and the challenge hasn’t unlocked.

I played a couple of other games and checked back and still not unlocked.

This morning I spoke with the AUS-EU PlayStation Stars support chat and they couldn’t see this challenge on their “Active Challenges” list and implied it was likely region restricted which seems odd for a new rewards program!!

Edited by AntaresHorizon

On 11/4/2022 at 5:32 PM, Chaos-Angel_ said:

You don't need to play Returnal, the objective is to play any game.

Go to playstation stars front page then swipe down to refresh the page and you should unlock it. This is how I did it anyway and I was playing battlefield.

Using the PS Remote APP and my PS5 worked while following the settings changes for the privacy. 

The Stars campaign updated immediately after putting the PS5 to sleep. So plus one for that method working. 

I'm thinking this thread needs some moderation as 28 pages of info on the beginning of it, and older campaigns that may not be available is a bit heavy to peruse when one is looking for one specific campaign that needs help. 

• Like 2