The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

I have a Fuel Rewards Card! it is free to sign up.

Every week they have a sale in the food marts and certain products you buy will add extra points to your account and later be used to discount your gas.

I have a friend who works at such a place, I buy all the item that qualify for the points with my account, racking me up a huge amount of points, a lot of times enough for like $3-$4 off gas per gallon.

That's a lot of saving because its per gallon and we all know how much gas is now especially. So I be paying like only $2 a gallon for premium :P

The points are pretty much instant so I return everything after. ?

But obviously there is no returning here since digital goods.. but I'm thinking if there's any exploits possible here. I remember Sony Rewards was somewhat exploitable.

This loyalty program, will the old loyal members get anything at start? or they just be like every new player?

Im gonna assume if theres reward for PSN level, then I guess they can get those rewards immediately? Or maybe even accounts that are 1yr old, 2yr old?

I hope am not going crazy but I feel this is going to be kind of pointless. As think of it like this, unlike the xbox's rewards it says on that site, You may get psn top up wallet funds. It is not set in stone and am not trying to be an asshole but the idea of just getting say £5 for just 1 year feels like a pointless grind. Far as I remember the xbox rewards gave you the power to get xbox points to buy extra stuff or pick from dlc to get with it as stuff like at the time alan wake's dlc was on there and I was able to get it for free just for having a high gamer score.

I might come off as entitled but with how sony has shitted on the fans a lot lately and then seeing something like this while nice I feel is going to be crapped on I mean look at the so called classic games they have on psn are just crappier ones of the ps3 ones such as toy story 2 and ape escape and so on. Yes it is nice to get them games on ps4 and so on but if it is a barely worked on one/ does not even work as half as good as the ps3 ones then you half assed the job.

I will give this a try if it works for people like myself who are in the uk but still I won't say this is great till I see what is on offer as of now I feel the so called digital collectables is not worth it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Free stuff always nice.

But getting #1 for platinums in a region where most people get early copies seems pretty impossible.

Oh well can't complain atleast there doing something fun around the system.

Yeah, 'winner takes all' things like that don't interest me because there's zero chance of winning unless you're a no-lifer and got the game early.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sikutai said:

All the multiple accounts that were registered in countries where you don't live will sooner or later be blocked anyway and all the trophies earned with them will be deleted. I've been prophesying that for years here in the forum, but nobody listens to me.

Hakoom has already been officially awarded by Sony and Guinness, and his account is American. Sony won't do anything stupid at this level of madness, it would destroy at least 1/3 of psn accounts.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The problem was people abused the Sony Rewards system by stacking as many piece of shit EZPZ games as possible. They were the equivalent of earning participation medals when you yourself did barely any real effort or dedication to earn them. That's why it backfired.

I'm not holding my breath for this loyalty program. We'll see how it pans out in the near future.

This is their own fault

9 hours ago, Sikutai said:

All the multiple accounts that were registered in countries where you don't live will sooner or later be blocked anyway and all the trophies earned with them will be deleted. I've been prophesying that for years here in the forum, but nobody listens to me.

Or Sony could finally get their shit together after 14 years and allow you to change your country... like any other service. (Steam, Xbox Live, Uplay etc.)

• Like 1

I hope they do trophy rewards like platinum certain games or even a series so the ez plats aren't abused like last time. Fastest plat time in a time zone sounds bad to me because it's unfair that some people get games earlier and get an advantage.

2 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

Or Sony could finally get their shit together after 14 years and allow you to change your country... like any other service. (Steam, Xbox Live, Uplay etc.)

I hope so. It doesn't make sense that if you ever move to another country you can't buy any new games in your account since it won't accept your new credit card. Also, with the market of keys, it should be a basic feature.

• Like 2

1) Sounds interesting. Hope it will be available in all the countries that have access to PSN Network and not be a USA only thing like Sony rewards

2) If this digital collectibles is like something similar to Playstation Home then it's good, if is this stupid trend better no.

> Our “Monthly Check-In” campaign simply requires you to play any game to receive a reward, while other campaigns require you to win tournaments, earn specific trophies, or even be the first player to platinum a blockbuster title in your local time zone.

Half expecting Sony to troll us by putting out, "For your next points unlock, platinum <insert latest divisive PS studio> exclusive." or earn specific trophies which are dependent on PS+, thus incentivising subscription.

I'm gonna wait and see how the system is geared up before conceding that this 'free' thing is actually free. Because it's not free if you don't yet own the game or service.

Edited by Eraezr

17 hours ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

First thoughts, I think it'll be great to try and grow the community more. With trophies being part of this scheme, it's free so why not. Good to see them try at least. 

Please edit your comment. there is absolutely no positivity allowed on this site. Thank you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

First thoughts, I think it'll be great to try and grow the community more. With trophies being part of this scheme, it's free so why not. Good to see them try at least. 

Edit: Something, something, boo

8 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Please edit your comment. there is absolutely no positivity allowed on this site. Thank you.

Done. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lordguwa said:

not really a fan of becoming the first one to plat a game. i like to work on them at my own pace.

Same here. The closest I’ve gotten to being first was the PS4 version of Haven. But that was AFTER getting the plat on PS5 just taking in the experience. It’s how I enjoy gaming.

20 hours ago, Smiddster3 said:

I agree with both of you on this. However, maybe instead of a certain number of plats, you get a real platinum trophy for achieving level 999. Which means you have to play more then the ezpz ones and have to put in YEARS of effort to achieve it. There are currently only 592 level 999's on the leaderboards as of this posting, so it wouldnt be much for Sony to do. I think it would be awesome if they did something like that for the true gamers and trophy hunters out there!

Yeah you would have to find a way to weed out the easy ones that take five minutes and I don't think they want to take that time!

On 14/07/2022 at 2:33 PM, Bishcraft said:

I still want Sony to send you an actual Platinum trophy to you when you reach a certain amount of platinum trophies, that would be cool!

Only if they aren't from scumboi non-games, then yes 100% agreed.