The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

On 11/4/2022 at 7:32 AM, Chaos-Angel_ said:

Hello. I am just throwing this out there. I don't have the campaign "You did it! You defeated Phrike". I own a physical copy of the game and never played it before. I wanted to get that astronaut collectable, so I went to defeat the first boss. It took two days but I bet the boss yesterday (11/3/22). 24 hours later, I still have not received the campaign. I'm not sure if this is another glitch, you need the Returnal platinum trophy, or you needed to have that trophy before November 1st. Either way, I don't like this aspect of the stars app. I will update this forum if anything new comes up.

Update: Yesterday, I got the campaign "You did it! You defeated Phrike" on 11/9/22. This was about 6 days after I acquired the trophy for the campaign to unlock for me. It also would expire 8 days from that point, which would be the 17th. I do like the Stars campaign idea, but I don't like how they handled this one. This is just a glitchy mess.

15 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

OK so craziest thing just happened to me! I was trying the Remote Play thing again in the false hope that it wold work for me (which it didn't), but something else even better happened!

As I connected to Remote Play, I see a Stars campaign pop up on my feed saying something along the lines of "Thanks for preordering God of War Ragnarok on the PS Store, here are 1225 points for you!"

But the thing is, I didn't preorder GoW on the PS Store. I did preorder and then bought the physical version from Gamestop earlier today along with Sonic Frontiers, but I haven't installed the game yet so there's no reason that campaign should have unlocked for me! Unless somehow Gamestop is partnered with Sony for certain physical preorders or somehow my Remote Play challenge activated the wrong campaign?! Either way, I was hoping for the 75 points from the Remote Play campaign and I got 1225 instead :P 

I had a similiar experience. Today I just bought the PS5 GoW bundle and even before I redeemed the code that came with the box (fuck you Sony for not giving out an actual disc in the packaging) this campaign appeared for me. I used a Slovka gmaing store that has a different email attached to it, so I have no idea how Sony knew that I ordered the GoW bundle, as the console did not come with it preinstalled.

Bought some games on sale yesterday, and to my surprise, I got 1250 points for pre-ordering GoW Ragnarok?!?!?

I have no preorders for the game, do not have it on physical, and not planning on getting it anytime soon. So, I rush here to see if this is a bug or someone found access to my account, but it seems to be a bug. Damn it, Sony, now I am torn if I should report this or will they do this themselves when they find out they have been throwing $4.50 away for nothing.

Welp, now I feel bad I didn't use the pre-order code that comes with Ragnarok disc on the PS App instead of the console.

Someone should try that, see if it awards some points.

12 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

The other day I was on the toilet...

How is that part relevant? ?

But yeah, I got the PS Camera one from just opening the app too.

Same thing happened today with a new collectible. Something about being chocolat biscuits day.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

Well my Remote Play challenge has just suddenly expired way ahead of the expiration date that was originally shown to me in the app.

I still don't see any campaigns related to GOW in my app, however I did see a new Chocolate Day campaign that completed itself after just viewing the details of the campaign in the app despite not even having my PS4 turned on.

• Like 1

The "Preorder GoW Ragnarok" task is a really odd one. If you're wondering why you're getting it even though you didn't preorder it from Sony, it's because the actual task is "Play God of War Ragnarok OR any PS4/PS5 game". So basically, play any game, you get the preorder task. I got it from playing FighterZ for the fighting game task.

8 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I am now level 4

now what

Now you just focus on completing any campaigns that interest you, earn points for any digital purchases you make or any campaigns that reward points, and buy any rewards with your points that you are interested in. Oh, and you also now get priority when reaching out to PlayStation support.

4 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

The "Preorder GoW Ragnarok" task is a really odd one. If you're wondering why you're getting it even though you didn't preorder it from Sony, it's because the actual task is "Play God of War Ragnarok OR any PS4/PS5 game". So basically, play any game, you get the preorder task. I got it from playing FighterZ for the fighting game task.

That is the requirements to complete the campaign? I think people are more confused as to why they are getting the campaign in the first place as it appears that only people who pre-ordered the game should have had the campaign available to them.

Edited by Jeul_Dragon

6 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I am now level 4

now what

I was gonna say "buy the collectibles", but I just saw you already got them all so...

Colin-Farrell-Shrug-In-Bruges.gif

Try collecting stamps or something.

6 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

So basically, play any game, you get the preorder task. I got it from playing FighterZ for the fighting game task.

But that just grants you a collectible, not any points, right?

Just now, LastMinuteSavior said:

Yeah, people never know how to keep it on the down-low.

I was just looking on Reddit if anyone posted something. That is definitely getting patched. I even think Sony might claw back the points, but how would they be able to tell? Unless they individually look at your game purchases, but then how long will that take and would that be worth the time to Sony. Hmmmm

30 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Wow, do you have to wait until the end of day and work has finished before you can poop?

Actually, yes!

At least if you want to do it at your own pace. You know, check all the apps, read the instructions on the shampoo bottle...

These days most companies keep tabs on toilet time. You brits are civilized, rest of the world lives in a dystopia.

Edit:

Funny thing just happened. Don't know if it was because I was messing around the app, but I just got credited some points that were missing from a game I bought weeks ago.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior