The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

4 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Feels like a stupid question but are the rewards for psn wallet funds redeemable multiple times or only once each? 

Ideally I would get the £5 reward every time I have enough points for it but I'm guessing it doesn't work like that

I just redeemed my second 5$ reward, so it's safe to say that they're redeemable multiple times.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Feels like a stupid question but are the rewards for psn wallet funds redeemable multiple times or only once each? 

Ideally I would get the £5 reward every time I have enough points for it but I'm guessing it doesn't work like that

yeah it does work like that. Every time you have enough points to redeem you could redeem it immediately. And again when you have enough points. 

Yeah I find it so weird that the $/€20 amount is basically the same coins as 4 times $/€5. Don't see why anyone would ever wait untill they saved up 5000 coins to use it, knowing coins can expire after a year. Also the games you can 'purchase' with coins are a complete rip off.
The $/€5 cards is definitely the smartest option!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, quadboy_007 said:

Yeah I find it so weird that the $/€20 amount is basically the same coins as 4 times $/€5. Don't see why anyone would ever wait untill they saved up 5000 coins to use it, knowing coins can expire after a year. Also the games you can 'purchase' with coins are a complete rip off.

Yeah I was arguing that point in the early days of Stars.

Would make more sense if they maybe took off 500 points from the final PSN tier $ otherwise there is no point in waiting to get that high!

Most stores in real life offer a discount if you buy in bulk but clearly Sony hasn't been paying attention...

I'm about 10 trophies from Level 4 and i'm trying to wait until January to hit it so I get the full year plus the 12 months or whatever. I'd like to make more progress in GoW Ragnarok over the holidays though. Does anyone know if you can keep your PS5 in offline mode and continue to earn trophies while not affecting your trophy progress in the Stars app? and then just go back online January 1st and sync. I probably shouldn't be trying this hard but it's only 9 days away so I might as well try to maximize on the time lol.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, Pokedude97 said:

I'm about 10 trophies from Level 4 and i'm trying to wait until January to hit it so I get the full year plus the 12 months or whatever. I'd like to make more progress in GoW Ragnarok over the holidays though. Does anyone know if you can keep your PS5 in offline mode and continue to earn trophies while not affecting your trophy progress in the Stars app? and then just go back online January 1st and sync. I probably shouldn't be trying this hard but it's only 9 days away so I might as well try to maximize on the time lol.

Yes, if you don't sync until 1/1, your level 4 shouldn't unlock (and date stamp) until you sync. 

For the "Get Into Character!..." campaign:

Of the games listed, I can confirm the demo for "A Way Out" (18 GB) completes the campaign. No purchase or play need, just load to the start screen.

Edited by MySenkai
Appended
  • Like 1

On 22.12.2022 at 7:38 AM, MD_91 said:

You can redeem it every time ;)

On 12/22/2022 at 2:41 AM, quadboy_007 said:

You aren't at a disadvantage for waiting for a $20 code or getting the $5 code 4 times. So long as you get the codes before your points expire, then it's all the same thing.

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You aren't at a disadvantage for waiting for a $20 code or getting the $5 code 4 times. So long as you get the codes before your points expire, then it's all the same thing.

No you are not, but my point is that the $20 is a useless option. Why would anyone wait for it if they can just get the $5 ones.

People need a reason to save up for the higher rewards, they should give you more value (4500 points for example for $20 rather than 5000).

And the games you can buy with points are stupid too, since they have all been on sale multiple times the past 2 months and yet if you were to get them with your coins they are still basically full price.

I got an email from sony saying that everything will carry over to next year. 

Happy New Year!

To give you a boost, we are carrying your 2022 status level qualifying activity 
(full game purchases and earned non-common trophies) over to your 
2023 PlayStation Stars accrual balance. 

You can check your status level on PlayStation App. You will continue to earn 
new status levels based on qualifying PlayStation Store purchases and 
Non-common trophies earned. 

Once you attain a status level, your status level is valid for the remainder of 
the calendar year plus 13 months. 

Starting January 1, 2024, you will qualify for Stars status based on your activity for the current 12-month calendar year period.

Edited by ZEE11W

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any topic in the forums to share new campaigns from the PS Stars program or can we do it here?

They just dropped a new Heroic collectable that requires you to beat Godrick the Grafted, one of the 1st bosses in Elden Ring.

Not sure about what I'm going to say but I think you can only unlock this collectable if you did the requirement before the release of this specific campaign (4th January 2023).

1w9GJq8.jpg

• Like 3

On 27/12/2022 at 2:44 PM, quadboy_007 said:

No you are not, but my point is that the $20 is a useless option. Why would anyone wait for it if they can just get the $5 ones.

People need a reason to save up for the higher rewards, they should give you more value (4500 points for example for $20 rather than 5000).

And the games you can buy with points are stupid too, since they have all been on sale multiple times the past 2 months and yet if you were to get them with your coins they are still basically full price.

Better to get the money and purchase the games when on sale instead 

20 hours ago, zemiguelreis said:

Is there any topic in the forums to share new campaigns from the PS Stars program or can we do it here?

They just dropped a new Heroic collectable that requires you to beat Godrick the Grafted, one of the 1st bosses in Elden Ring.

Not sure about what I'm going to say but I think you can only unlock this collectable if you did the requirement before the release of this specific campaign (4th January 2023).

1w9GJq8.jpg

i wish PS Stars notified you via app when a new campaign comes up. Also i really hate some of the coin campaigns. Buy a digital copy of a game you probably already own. I mean, good for new PS owners i suppose. But 50 coins to purchase Witcher 3 when i have the free ps5 upgrade is strange.  Should just register when you play a disc too. 

Got the Elden Ring one though!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i wish PS Stars notified you via app when a new campaign comes up. Also i really hate some of the coin campaigns. Buy a digital copy of a game you probably already own. I mean, good for new PS owners i suppose. But 50 coins to purchase Witcher 3 when i have the free ps5 upgrade is strange.  Should just register when you play a disc too. 

It's annoying that the purchase game campaigns come out the month after release. Bought God of War and next month they released that campaign and same with Crisis Core. They should update them the day of release if they plan on putting new games into campaigns 

16 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I don't play Souls games but I'm curious: who's that? Is that a turtle?

Yes it’s a NPC

For all the players, is possible to complete this campaign even if I did beat the game? 

33 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

You had to beat the boss again? I just redeemed TW3 but it didn’t register..

Edited by Sailar91

27 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I totally agree with you. There are so many flaws with PS Stars. I lost a few collectibles because I had to wait for 2 months until they accepted me into the program. Now I can't get them, including the Astronaut Figurine from Returnal which I deserved because I did the platinum during the 1st month when the game released.

Not only that but doing a physical pre-order doesn't count as a pre-order. Yes I know that their goal is to cut out the CDs...just look at the most recent collector's editions and all you have is a 12 digit code, but still, it seems a little unfair to me.

My Elden Ring game is a PS5 physical version. I am very curious to know if it will unlock my collectible or not. I will only be at home tomorrow to check it out. 

And btw, there are rumors about a Ragnarok platinum collectible coming soon. 

54 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

And btw, there are rumors about a Ragnarok platinum collectible coming soon. 

If it’s true, I hope they don’t screw us over. Like get the platinum for it and you have already got it. But it doesn’t recognize it as such, like when we get buy any of these games and you already own one or more of them but it won’t give you the campaign as completed automatically. 

40 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

I totally agree with you. There are so many flaws with PS Stars

It's garbage imo. Campaigns are pathetic, requirements to level up ridiculously easy and only having 4 levels, what's point. All I had to do to reach level 4 was spend about £2. Just bought some cheap games, one was 9p. Daft. Would've been better if they had trophy lists for each year (1 trophy per week), and the campaigns required you to do more than just open a game. 

Something like, Campaign week 1...

Trophy requirement complete Uncharted Drakes Fortune 

Collectible 1 start the challenge 

Collectible 2 complete on Crushing 

Collectible 3 complete as Fat Drake

Reward for completing everything something like 300 coins and a Heroic Collectible. 

• Like 1